Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 49364 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #315 on: August 12, 2011, 10:17:32 am »

Bah. :P I think it'd be more fun that way.

Madness for the sake of madness is nothing more than formless chaos and vacuous void, bereft of meaning or substance.

If we're going to be a floating beard, I say we be a floating beard of DOOM.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 12, 2011, 10:28:58 am »

Gods damn you and your plot twists! :P

Can nothing ever go as planned!? Hahaha

(Not really!)

If they won't side with us by choice, then lets use our powers to make them worship us. First, lets see what they, with their newfound sentience, feel about us and Vahahun.

--- --- ---

Though blissful indeed is the ignorance of the many, the burden of sentience has much to offer. How else would powerful gods like Vahahun exist, or men create vast cities on stone and wood? Cursed you are not, my children... I thought the same upon the moment of my 'birth' into this existence, but soon enough I learned that sentience brings many things... Some cursed, some blessed, but our choice decides which we shall embrace. Tell me, young ones, what do your people care for? The seas? Your young? The simplicity of life? Or something else altogether?

...Weigh the possibilities, my children. I have taken nothing from you, no, I have simply opened more doors than you could ever imagine. Doors that, yes, may hold misfortune, but just as many which bring happiness, fortune, health, and long life free of tyranny and regret.

I leave the choice with your people, whether to follow the father of your transformation or stay to yourselves in the depths of the seas. You are capable of so much... So, so much... But only you may unlock the power within. Only your people can decide what Fate holds in store for you.

Good luck, my children. You are my first, and whether you abandon me or stay, I shall always cherish you.

Disappear into the air and find somewhere hidden nearby to hide and watch them, to gauge their reaction to your offer.

tl;dr - Pull a ninja and eavesdrop.

I didn't realize the god of madness and insanity was that eloquent.

I've got a few literally insane people in my family and, between the eccentric mumbling about brainfruit and alien parasites infesting jesus in the basement(true story), they have an odd tendency to seem extremely sane and eloquent before falling back into incoherent rambings.

I agree with doing that.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 12, 2011, 10:36:47 am »

Insanity is not the same as sociopathy.  Mental illnesses like that ( sociopathy, psychopathy, etc ) remove guilt from people and make them incapable of forming any actual emotional connection with other people.  Insanity is the mental disorder where someone cannot completely distinguish reality from fiction.  Organis is not malicious, just insane.  Ergo, he is the embodiment of randomness.

No need to lecture me on Psychology and Sociology, those are my favorite topics since childhood. :) I'd rather not get into a meta-intellectual discussion on the nature of psychological disturbances in the mind of schizophrenics(which is who I was referring to, one of my cool schizo uncles haha), nor the minds of sociopaths and psychopaths, I can go on for days. Literally. I've done it dozens of times, hahaha

Thanks for the refreshing thought of someone having any idea what they're talking about though, and the interesting counter-argument. :)

...I still think the floating beard should be crazy-ambitious and slightly murderous... :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 12, 2011, 01:30:21 pm »

The Lady of the Deep will kill us if she thinks we ruined these gentle giants, ending forever their fun and frolic ways. Plus they're more likely to be loyal worshipers to their Mommy of the Deep, who took care of them since they were wee shrimps. That's why I say we play with them, doing whatever Mollusks do for fun. If we can get them to enjoy themselves, they should like us more, and we should earn some points with the Lady. Or at least avoid losing too many. Man, Organis, if it isn't one thing it's another! Stupid clutz. God of clutz.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 12, 2011, 03:24:12 pm »

Though blissful indeed is the ignorance of the many, the burden of sentience has much to offer. How else would powerful gods like Vahahun exist, or men create vast cities on stone and wood? Cursed you are not, my children... I thought the same upon the moment of my 'birth' into this existence, but soon enough I learned that sentience brings many things... Some cursed, some blessed, but our choice decides which we shall embrace. Tell me, young ones, what do your people care for? The seas? Your young? The simplicity of life? Or something else altogether?

...Weigh the possibilities, my children. I have taken nothing from you, no, I have simply opened more doors than you could ever imagine. Doors that, yes, may hold misfortune, but just as many which bring happiness, fortune, health, and long life free of tyranny and regret.

I leave the choice with your people, whether to follow the father of your transformation or stay to yourselves in the depths of the seas. You are capable of so much... So, so much... But only you may unlock the power within. Only your people can decide what Fate holds in store for you.

Good luck, my children. You are my first, and whether you abandon me or stay, I shall always cherish you.

Disappear into the air and find somewhere hidden nearby to hide and watch them, to gauge their reaction to your offer.

tl;dr - Pull a ninja and eavesdrop.

As you leave, the creatures, the Escali, begin turning towards their speaker.

"What possibilities does he mean elder one?"

"What is a Valahun?"

"...As much as we hate him, WE need him now. He's our only hope"

The herd kept questioning the old one's decision; right it was to do but foolish not to serve. Eventually the elder had enough.

"Rkik!"

At that the herd was quiet

"I may have succumbed to my rage, yes that I understand...But life was good, he ruined it! I've spent my entire life just focusing on making sure we all survive another day, and now some clump of seaweed comes out of nowhere and makes life so much damn harder!"

"Never the less father, he is only one who can give us answers to life now."

"Yes daughter, I understand now. We must search him out..."

He signaled for the herd to move out and search for the godling.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2011, 12:45:47 am »

I think everyone's scared of you, Micelus. Nobody wants to give a bad suggestion.

For the long term, I say we aim for major god-hood. It makes sense that the god of transformation, mutation, and dreams should be a key player. For the short term, well... we need to prove to the Lady of the Deep that we didn't break anything immediately after she told us not to. Easiest done by appearing to our mollusk chums and giving them the answers they want, and making them happy. I can't write as well as our key player, but I'll try.

I sense you have chosen the path of enlightenment, my children. I know that you seek answers, and I will give them to you. Know first that your new wisdom did not destroy your past life. Each of you was unique and always will be unique. Your personalities, your instincts, and your emotions will continue to guide you, as they should. Too will your knowledge, which will enhance your other guides. I am Organis, god of transformation and dreams. Each strand of my beard, which is not seaweed, represents a potential, but only a few need apply to you if you'd prefer. Just put faith in your guides as you choose your path, for I know them to be good.

We should start playing/frolicking with them soon so our Lady doesn't punch out our beard. Also, insanity sucks. We're definitely the god of transformation and dreams now.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:09:04 am by peglegpengeuin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2011, 01:42:30 am »

Well I thought I was being too easy on you guys :P . People call me a sadist sometimes so you guys aren't the first people to feel my wrath :) .

!!HINT!! Also to rid us of our madness, we need to eradicate those "shadows" that entered us during our birth. !!HINT!!

And get rid of the madness plague as well as making sure our followers believe we are not insane...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:09:51 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2011, 02:13:47 am »

Well I thought I was being too easy on you guys :P . People call me a sadist sometimes so you guys aren't the first people to feel my wrath :) .

!!HINT!! Also to rid us of our madness, we need to eradicate those "shadows" that entered us during our birth. !!HINT!!

And get rid of the madness plague as well as making sure our followers believe we are not insane...

We should hold off on that until we have power over dreams. We have no way of encrypting information without one of those two. Also, we can't just mutate the shadow into something else? Like dreams?

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 13, 2011, 02:06:12 pm »

Appearing to our followers as a ball of gas with a beard is not a very convincing way to say "I am not insane".

A better form would be to appear as a DRAGON with constantly colour-changing scales (fits in with theme of transformation)
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 13, 2011, 02:43:59 pm »

How about a bearded elder dragon with multiple extra, smaller heads that represent different forms of life? That would be quite badass. But a transformation isn't going to drop out of the sky. After all, there's no such thing as a GM that owes us something cool. Organis's story takes place in real life, where nothing like that happens.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 13, 2011, 04:34:49 pm »

I agree fully, With the above.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 04:36:47 pm by mcdonaldjord »

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 13, 2011, 06:47:04 pm »

I would prefer a bearded elder dragon with multiple extra, smaller heads that represent different forms of life and that has a constantly colour-changing scales.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:25:15 pm by Dragongutz »
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 13, 2011, 10:28:55 pm »

I would prefer a bearded elder dragon with multiple extra, smaller heads that represent different forms of life and that has a constantly colour-changing scales.

That's a nice symbol for mutation, insanity and change.  Do it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2011, 12:57:28 am »

Ah good, you think, your sentient mollusk seem to want to serve. Good...but a bearded ball of gas was not a very godly form...Time for a change.

You think, dragons like Valahun seem very powerful, but you do like your beard-its absolutely awesome- so you turn yourself into a bearded dragon! still didn't seem right... You give yourself a few useless, non-sentient heads. You would have liked some ever-changing scales but you would have died had you not. -1000 belief

You appear to your newly-founded servants

I sense you have chosen the path of enlightenment, my children. I know that you seek answers, and I will give them to you. Know first that your new wisdom did not destroy your past life. Each of you was unique and always will be unique. Your personalities, your instincts, and your emotions will continue to guide you, as they should. Too will your knowledge, which will enhance your other guides. I am Organis, god of transformation and dreams. Each strand of my beard, which is not seaweed, represents a potential, but only a few need apply to you if you'd prefer. Just put faith in your guides as you choose your path, for I know them to be good.

They listen to your words...And then the elder once again speaks.

" Do you change your form everytime you present yourself? Nevermind. Yes, we shall serve for now, you are correct godling but know this, we are the escali; we are not mere animals and not a god's plaything. We are not fools but your servants. We shall treat with you, but know that we can feel the currents...You are not our creator; you are our guide. We the escali shall serve now, Organis. "my god and lord" he says with pure mocking in his old cracked voice.

Stats
Belief 688pts
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:52:32 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2011, 01:49:02 am »

Guide these escali ( I actually forgot what type of creatures they were ) to build a glorious and advanced civilization, to counter the civ of Valahun. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37