Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1545649 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4785 on: January 30, 2012, 09:01:33 am »

So I can't hope but notice that there are only two days of January left -_-

It was pushed back into February because of the upcoming patch.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4787 on: January 30, 2012, 11:22:59 am »

Finished the Dark Brotherhood quest-line. Definitely the best in the game.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: January 30, 2012, 01:17:25 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-CS8L_8LBk&feature=related

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:50:45 pm by Ultimuh »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: January 30, 2012, 01:30:10 pm »

Two videos I thought I'd share with you:
http://youtu.be/lHbF9ynGZV0
Well there's your problem, you gotta impale them on your Curved. Swords.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: January 30, 2012, 06:16:59 pm »

These videos have reminded me how awesome Skyrim can be.

It's not a video, it's a category.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: January 30, 2012, 06:21:35 pm »

How are you guys managing weight?
I've just forged dwarven armor, and i'm constantly within 10-30u (whatever :S units it be!) of my limit.

Should i just go and sell all everything except for hp/mp/sta restores and a basic set of melee/ranged weapons until i can get my own house set up somewhere?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: January 30, 2012, 06:29:05 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50u0zUeCmU

Skyrim epic rap. It's pretty awesome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: January 30, 2012, 06:35:54 pm »

Oh man, until you have your own house this is difficult.

Potions and food are two of the biggest offenders. It's really easy to stockpile them, because you figure you'll need them later. Which you might, in some cases, but there's no sense carrying around thirty pounds of cabbage and ten pounds of resist potions. Sell/store anything you don't think you'll need soon, and keep an eye on the weight:usefulness ratio, so you know what to sell/use first.

Otherwise, just take inventory, find out what's weighing you down. You might be surprised to find you've got 40 pounds of books or twenty pounds in fine dining ware, but once you know you can take it from there. Like I said, until you've got your own home this can involve very difficult decisions (though you can find temporary stashing places in the meantime), but it's the only way to be able to actually, you know, move around.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: January 30, 2012, 06:40:43 pm »

Food is mostly pointless outside of specialty runs and some soups that allow you to power attack forever.

But yeah, potions will weigh you down like a liquid anchor. I would really love a UI mod that showed your weight distribution.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: January 30, 2012, 06:42:04 pm »

Getting the perks that negate armour weight is pretty helpful too, more or less essential if you plan on using heavy armour. And the pickpocket skill that gives an additional 100 carry capacity.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: January 30, 2012, 06:44:50 pm »

Choosing Stamina on level up also increases your carry weight by 10 I think. And +Carry Weight is a pretty valuable enchantment for leveling that skill and is very handy to boot.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4797 on: January 30, 2012, 06:58:31 pm »

Getting the perks that negate armour weight is pretty helpful too, more or less essential if you plan on using heavy armour. And the pickpocket skill that gives an additional 100 carry capacity.
Also the steed stone gives another +100 carry capacity. With Steed + pickpocket skill you can carry a LOT.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #4798 on: January 30, 2012, 07:22:34 pm »

I just sell all potions, I am way too lazy to use them anyway. For me, even on the second to hardest setting, the game is just so easy I can usually steamroll pretty much anything without any potions, except healing of course.

Keep the healing potions and mana if you do magic, a few strength potions for when you get overloaded, and SELL EVERYTHING ELSE. Sell or just leave all food behind, who needs food or even sleep for that matter? Its all just busy work that makes a very easy game even easier.
I got nothing

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: January 30, 2012, 07:41:25 pm »

90% of stuff you find is actually useless crap, you maybe need 8 or so decent health potions, maybe 2 stamina at most, unless you are a mage, then a few magica potions,  maybe 1 speechcraft potion and say 2 of resist fire/ice/electric.  Every other '+60 hp for 60 seconds' et al is really useless extra weight.  Alchemy is fun, but unless you want to use it all the time, all ingredients are just extra weight.  Ores can be nice, but realistically you can just buy what you need in town on an as needed basis, you will never have to forge a full set of armor/weapon either, you will find more of anything than you could ever use. 

And loot?  I mean what for? beyond a house you never really need money for anything.  My thief had 200000 by lvl 50, my fighter around 100000 and they both owned all the houses, the fighter also brought about 20 horses cause stuff...  happened... to em.  The only stuff ive ever really spent money on is quality arrows, ores and leather, soul gems and some ingredients, and most of the time I was just trying to give the shopkeeper more cash so I could sell them more of the crap I was carrying.  Oh and both of these charecters have piles (literally, dumped on the floor) of magic loot about waist high in the middle of their houses
If life gives you lemons, burn them.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 896