Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558513 times)

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2011, 11:45:14 am »

Yeah the elves look much better.  But I swear if that face type is common for the khajiit I'm not going to be able to take them seriously in game.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2011, 01:30:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure those faces are just examples, I can't possibly imagine faces being less randomizeable than in Oblivion.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2011, 01:35:22 pm »

Yeah the elves look much better.  But I swear if that face type is common for the khajiit I'm not going to be able to take them seriously in game.

Female argonians - I agree, but what's wrong with khajiit?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2011, 01:50:41 pm »

I for one approve of the argonian changes, they look more monstrous now rather then just "painted over humanoids with a featureless pointy lizard face". I just hope their bodies are also different like in morrowind, I loved that old argonian shuffle shuffle walking motion.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2011, 01:58:21 pm »

Nords have Beards and Tattoos! High Elves are Yellow! Dark Elves are Dark!

It's like they took everything that was good with Morrowind's aesthetics and made them fit in with 2011 graphical capabilities, it's almost awesome enough to make me forget how much I despise the engine changes they've mentioned so far xD But again, I actually liked Morrowind's vanilla combat better than even highly modded Oblivions so my opinion is apparently worthless -.-

(My argument for why Morrowind had better combat than Oblivion is: If in Morrowind you actually saw the word "Miss" float above your enemies when you missed, would people still have been complaining?)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:01:51 pm by MorleyDev »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2011, 02:21:24 pm »

Very nice indeed. The Orc ladies look a bit to petite, though, but the males look great. High Elves and Khajiit look kinda wonky, as well. Well, a large minority of them at least.

But the rest of them? Look great, the whole lot. Dunmer and Argonians especially. Bosmer even have bug-eyes again!
Love, scriver~

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2011, 02:38:57 pm »

Female argonians - I agree, but what's wrong with khajiit?

They make me bust out laughing.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2011, 02:55:33 pm »

I'm not into TES lore that much, but from what I saw in Oblivion, no NPC takes them seriously, either...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2011, 03:03:38 pm »

Are those all variations of the Lion from The Wizard of Oz?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2011, 03:34:56 pm »

The animal people! They look like animal people!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2011, 10:12:00 pm »

The elves all look scarier and more intimidating to me than the orcs.  I think its because their tusks give all the orcs this incredibly pronounced sad-frowny face.  Even the toughest ones look like they're mere seconds from bursting into tears.

Argonians look like awesome raptor people.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2011, 10:18:51 pm »

Dark Elves are the only elves that look menacing to me. I like it, a lot more then the soft, squishy, unhardened ways of Oblivion dunmer.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2011, 10:24:19 pm »

As usual I have difficulty telling the difference between Breton and Imperial. But otherwise all of these look pretty great. I think what makes the Khajit look unusual and ridiculous to me is that they look almost like legitimate animal people.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2011, 10:24:59 pm »

(My argument for why Morrowind had better combat than Oblivion is: If in Morrowind you actually saw the word "Miss" float above your enemies when you missed, would people still have been complaining?)
Yes, it would still be terrible. Doesn't help that it happens a lot when you first start, turning off new players.

But yeah, faces. All look excellent. Everyone loves face paint too. All the females look a bit off but I will have to see them in context of playing a game to see if they hold up well. Again, they all look like high-res versions of Morrowind faces. This is fantastic.

Bretons could stand to look a little chubbier but w/e, they were always hard to tell apart.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2011, 10:26:53 pm »

I love it, except for the female orcs, who don't look nearly... 'coarse' enough, and the female khajit, who just look a bit weird. It could just be the lighting, though.
Hopefully, we can choose different bodytypes, so someone wanting to play a female character could choose not to have a pencil-thin neck... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 896