Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558281 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #660 on: November 11, 2011, 12:57:06 pm »

Yeah, and writing a believable hierarchy that could repair damage like a Jarl dying is very involved. You need to take into account lines of succession, which requires you to track lineage which means people need to be able to have babies, grow old and die, grow up, etc.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 11, 2011, 12:58:33 pm »

This game is good. The interface sucks terribly (on PC), but man is the rest of it good.

Are companions essential, or do they just die if I dare to take them anywhere? I think New Vegas had them just get knocked out unless you were playing in Hard Core mode, but I might be remembering wrong. Because I have this warrior woman I want to explore with, but I don't want her to get in the way and insta-die to a clumsy axe-swing on my part.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #662 on: November 11, 2011, 01:05:15 pm »

Are companions essential, or do they just die if I dare to take them anywhere? I think New Vegas had them just get knocked out unless you were playing in Hard Core mode, but I might be remembering wrong. Because I have this warrior woman I want to explore with, but I don't want her to get in the way and insta-die to a clumsy axe-swing on my part.
I'm pretty sure they don't die. I know Sven came with me on a few adventures and he got the shit knocked out of him. He'd fall to the ground and sort of be incapacitated (NOT the old 'knocked unconscious' thing from oblivion where they magically spring back to life) then stand up after a while and regain some health.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 11, 2011, 01:14:28 pm »

Sooo i just played a bit till the first village, the game is pretty good so far, i run it on medium so the graphics are not very impressive, but it's ok (makes me wanna buy myself a new computer for christmas though :p).

My only problem was small freezes that occur in some places (at the very beggining when you wake up for instance).

The crafting system is interesting, even if not very deep so far (think fallout new vegas).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One last thing i noticed, if my memory is correct, this is the first Elder Scrolls to feature kids ! It's not very important but it adds realism to the game.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:22:53 pm by Sirian »

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 11, 2011, 01:24:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure they don't die. I know Sven came with me on a few adventures and he got the shit knocked out of him. He'd fall to the ground and sort of be incapacitated (NOT the old 'knocked unconscious' thing from oblivion where they magically spring back to life) then stand up after a while and regain some health.
Thanks, maybe I'll take her with me after all.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 11, 2011, 01:31:29 pm »

One last thing i noticed, if my memory is correct, this is the first Elder Scrolls to feature kids ! It's not very important but it adds realism to the game.
You never played as a gladiator in Oblivion I guess?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 11, 2011, 01:39:01 pm »

The annoying fan wasn't really a child.
*Hugs*

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 11, 2011, 01:39:48 pm »

The fan was a teen...Oh, and 5 more hours and I'll have Skyrim!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 11, 2011, 01:43:11 pm »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 11, 2011, 02:13:00 pm »

I got skyrim! The map is a weird plasticky material textured like cloth.

If you think the Fan is bad, you should have played Morrowind's Tribunal expansion pack. There was this one elf who asks you for gold... he keeps asking for more and more until you deny him or can't pay (he'll ask for a million eventually). Then he fights you. I don't remember what exactly I did to beat him, but I remember he killed me a ton of times- he even killed me (SOMEHOW!) when I cheated and made my self invincible with the command console.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 11, 2011, 02:40:46 pm »

You never played as a gladiator in Oblivion I guess?

Or Daggerfall.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #671 on: November 11, 2011, 02:47:43 pm »

it's funny however how many things while playing i churn out as "oh i had that in the modded oblivion!" like glowing ninroots, or singing ninroots.
mmm
are we sure they didn't just give us a modded oblivion with a nice better story and better graphics? HAVE TO CHECK! see ya when i'm finished 100% skyrim.
or die trying.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #672 on: November 11, 2011, 03:02:21 pm »

So I can confirm Vampires and Werewolves are in there, and that if you try to become a werewolf whilst a vampire the game will simply cure you of your vampirism first.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 11, 2011, 03:11:25 pm »

The female khajiit shout is so damn cute. It makes me want to rub some kitty belly.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 11, 2011, 03:20:21 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 896