Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550101 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #1035 on: November 14, 2011, 02:37:14 pm »

My only regret so far (besides the UI, hurry up bethsoft and release the mod kit so people can fix your mental illnesses plz) is that tonight Saints Row 3 unlocks and it's unlikely I'll get to explore more of the snowy wastes for a while.
Pff, like there is any comparison between Skyrim and some gang-banger wannabe grand theft auto.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 14, 2011, 02:39:47 pm »

ars technica says that it's actually a fun game, not that I trust reviews but they seems at least done by people that actually plays.

enough to get me interested in a demo.

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 14, 2011, 02:46:20 pm »

God, I got owned again and again and again by a group of bandits. After quickloading for the 6th time, I decide to avoid them, continue on my merry way, encountered some thief whom I make suffer for all those deaths.

Then I continue on my way to the town, and on the side of the road I see a beehive, hmm honey and all that, I run to it and then on my left, in the corner of my eye, I see a big brown thing move...

Yep of course, a big brown bear(probably interested in the honey too) decides to charge me.
And I must say, bears are terrifying, I find them scarier than dragons atm :p.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1038 on: November 14, 2011, 02:49:24 pm »

I didn't realize that so much of my success as a mage came from that staggering perk on dual-cast destruction spells. It makes the enemy pause and stagger back every time they're hit.

I can take down 3 bears without taking a hit using dual-cast spells. Without them I get mauled and torn apart by one.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 14, 2011, 02:55:24 pm »

My only regret so far (besides the UI, hurry up bethsoft and release the mod kit so people can fix your mental illnesses plz) is that tonight Saints Row 3 unlocks and it's unlikely I'll get to explore more of the snowy wastes for a while.
Pff, like there is any comparison between Skyrim and some gang-banger wannabe grand theft auto.

Fuck you say? Saints Row is what GTA aspired to be when it was a good series (IE before GTA IV) taken to a whole new level. A level filled with helicarriers, street-sharks, japanese gameshows about killing furries, and more.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 14, 2011, 03:07:53 pm »

Here's a tip when you're stalked by 3 hired thugs after you've mugged people.

Run a bit away from them. Equip bow. Shoot 1. Run away from the other two and the 1 will follow. Paste him into paste.
Rinse repeat 1 more time :P

Though if you're a high enough level you can probably take them on 3 at a time.

I couldn't though since I was using a dagger as my main weapon. I switched to a sword after that :P

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 14, 2011, 03:09:46 pm »

On my way to a chick who invited me to dinner [1] I encountered some nazi elfs. As I am a Wood Elf (Cacame Amedinade) and I was getting tired of those stupid Nords, I decided to join them on their quest for racial purity or whatever they were up to. Too bad one of them asked if I worshipped some kind of god and I wasn't able to deny it. At least I have some Elf armor now :)

Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 14, 2011, 03:17:56 pm »

Where do you spend money on anyway? So far I have found all my gear in dungeons and merchants still sell iron crap.

Recently i've been spending some money on magic items to disenchant, to get new interesting effects for my future enchantments.

Oh and i love smithing potions ! Thanks to one of those, i managed to improve a full set of plate steel armor + elven sword + dwemer shield to "flawless" instead of "exquisite", for a huge total armor boost. Also i found that to increase my smithing skill, the best was to craft iron daggers. It sells for crap but you only need a leather strip and an iron lingot, and it increases the skill as much as any other item. It gave me a couple levels too, but with the increase in defense (armor) and offense (sword), it's totally worth it.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 14, 2011, 03:22:40 pm »

Where do you spend money on anyway? So far I have found all my gear in dungeons and merchants still sell iron crap.

Potions, mostly. Also - arrows. Then again, assets (powerful weapons that I wouldn't otherwise use, storing them in the house, I like assets, that's what I do). I want to have at least  200,000 in assets or cash by the first expansion.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1044 on: November 14, 2011, 03:47:55 pm »

People asking about easy money:

http://kotaku.com/5859156/get-unlimited-gold-in-skyrim-easy/gallery/1

I ran across this glitch myself by accident but didn't say anything because I don't like reporting glitches to the public.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 14, 2011, 03:49:45 pm »

People asking about easy money:

http://kotaku.com/5859156/get-unlimited-gold-in-skyrim-easy/gallery/1

I ran across this glitch myself by accident but didn't say anything because I don't like reporting glitches to the public.

I might as well open up the console.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 14, 2011, 04:20:58 pm »

Personally I find potions made from
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
very useful since the ingredients are so cheap.

Also I just bought the 25000 gold house in Solitude last night. Might not have been worth it but I now have the most expensive house in the game. Now to earn enough money to decorate it.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 14, 2011, 04:25:47 pm »

Awesome game. Although I don't get why they made food function like weak potions. I would prefer modest but long during buffs from food, and short lived powerful buff from potions.

Also, how I can quaff 50 potion in the span of a second is a bit jarring and render some fights less challenging, but I understand it's probably better for game-play reasons. A time limit between potions would be great, and make better potions even more valuable.

Pretty sure someone will make a mod that address this in a near future so no big deal.

Let me tell you, the sight from the top of some of the mountains is some of the most poignant graphics I have ever seen in a video game. Very very well done, and my computer is not even that good.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 14, 2011, 04:27:03 pm »

This game is awesome.

Done nothing but the main quest so far, just beat it.

Now I get to explore everything else! :D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1049 on: November 14, 2011, 04:31:59 pm »

Is there a house in each city?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 896