Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550005 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2070 on: November 21, 2011, 12:45:11 pm »

The bug with that is that it doesn't require you to invest to sell stolen goods. You still need the perk.

I think/
*Hugs*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: November 21, 2011, 12:47:46 pm »

My favorite spell type is Ice

Also known as the spell everyone likes to be immune to.

It is getting annoying... I guess I'll branch into lightning.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2072 on: November 21, 2011, 12:48:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: November 21, 2011, 12:48:34 pm »

Yeah, I was up against a Draugh Overlord. He was AFK in a chair, so I poisoned my last ebony arrow, summoned a fire elemental, and let fly. He lost about 1/100 of his HP, came running, smashed my elemental to pieces and chased me down the corridor, me screaming like a little girl.

However, Along the way, I spat out frost sigil-trap things, and jumped over and around traps I hadn't sprung. By the time I had reached a dead end, he had lost most of his HP.

The final battle was in a cavern that had a ledge, staircase and a table. Dodging his heavy blows, I was smashing his face with the handle of my warhammer and countering with heavy hits.

He died, and I took his soul. Then a vampire came out of a side-passage I had missed, and me with my depleted HP, he started to drain me... So I began healing. We stood there for a while.

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: November 21, 2011, 12:49:50 pm »

*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: November 21, 2011, 12:51:32 pm »

My favorite spell type is Ice

Also known as the spell everyone likes to be immune to.

It is getting annoying... I guess I'll branch into lightning.

The traditional balance of destruction spells was that a few people were resistant to ice, some people were heavily resistant to fire but others were heavily weak to it, and nobody really messes with lightning weakness/resistance.

Although now you have fire bonus damage to burning targets, and only really Dark Elves that resist it. Both other choices are good choices.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 21, 2011, 12:52:46 pm »

Given that it's set in you know... Skyrim. The most frozen province in the empire. The usual balance of ice and fire being in reverse makes a lot of sense.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 21, 2011, 12:53:22 pm »

But using dualcast sparks looks badass. That's enough for me really.
*Hugs*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 21, 2011, 12:53:40 pm »

I'm playing a battlemage now.  Heavy armor, sword/spell, destruction and restoration mainly.  Maybe some conjuration later on.

I always wondered why the pools of water in the caves were rainbow colored, and joked about how there must've been some kind of oil spill in skyrim.  Then I cast a fire spell on one.  Oh.

I'm going to focus on lightning spells because this whole disintegration perk sounds cool.
Shoes...

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 21, 2011, 12:54:30 pm »

Oh, this one was quite funny.

Spoiler: Imperial Mission (click to show/hide)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: November 21, 2011, 01:00:42 pm »

Given that it's set in you know... Skyrim. The most frozen province in the empire. The usual balance of ice and fire being in reverse makes a lot of sense.

I am not refering to resistance.

I mean immunity. The Sheer number of creatures that are immune to ice is getting dumb. I've been through multiple dungeons with all ice immune creatures.

Honestly... my advice to people who like Ice magic is to skip spending perks on it and stick to Fire or Lightning. Anything weak to Ice tends to be REALLY weak to ice anyhow.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 21, 2011, 01:03:02 pm »

I mean immunity. The Sheer number of creatures that are immune to ice is getting dumb. I've been through multiple dungeons with all ice immune creatures.

Honestly... my advice to people who like Ice magic is to skip spending perks on it and stick to Fire or Lightning. Anything weak to Ice tends to be REALLY weak to ice anyhow.

And then bam, the most common atronauch? Fire.

Problem with Lightning? It accidentally's everything nearby.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: November 21, 2011, 01:04:25 pm »

So? What's the fun in being a mage if there's no collateral. I never travel with companions anyway.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2083 on: November 21, 2011, 01:04:59 pm »

Really? Because ice worked pretty well for my 99% mage build in many situations, and left hilarious ice spikes in people's faces that sometimes never melted or vanished. Its fine on people and undead and most other things... obviously not ice wraiths or frost atronachs (atronachi?)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:09:13 pm by forsaken1111 »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 21, 2011, 01:08:03 pm »

There are three major groups of enemies immune to Ice and the many more resistant.

And only ONE enemy immune to fire.

It isn't horrible... I just wish they didn't translate things as "It isn't alive, why would ice hurt it?" for things like ALL GHOSTS!
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 896