Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550215 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2145 on: November 21, 2011, 06:06:50 pm »

I save my arrows for giants. I've had to kill four of the bastards so far.
Although to be fair, I've just lured them to Halted Stream and dropped them in that pit, so it wasn't really hard.

Giants are dumb.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2146 on: November 21, 2011, 06:13:59 pm »

I save my arrows for giants. I've had to kill four of the bastards so far.
Although to be fair, I've just lured them to Halted Stream and dropped them in that pit, so it wasn't really hard.

Giants are dumb.
Save? Are you low on arrows or something?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: November 21, 2011, 06:16:17 pm »

Quite, I've got about 100 ancient nordic and 30 iron.
I'm not buying anything on this run through.

Also, I'm not even at High Hrothgar yet, so loot isn't that awesome.

Also also, am I a bad person for using shouts to hunt deer?
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2148 on: November 21, 2011, 06:27:27 pm »

Quite, I've got about 100 ancient nordic and 30 iron.
I'm not buying anything on this run through.

Also, I'm not even at High Hrothgar yet, so loot isn't that awesome.

Also also, am I a bad person for using shouts to hunt deer?
Huh... well you can get a lot of steel arrows for free if you visit one of the target ranges in various cities or like the thieve's guild. Wait till someone starts target practice and then take every arrow. They have unlimited arrows and never care if you take them. Its only steel but better than iron.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: November 21, 2011, 06:29:23 pm »

Damn, I never thought of that.
*Hugs*

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2151 on: November 21, 2011, 06:30:45 pm »

Damn, I never thought of that.
Its tedious but dammit arrows, be more recoverable!

(Also take the hunter's discipline perk asap. Recovering all most of your glass and dwarven and elven arrows is good.)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: November 21, 2011, 06:55:31 pm »

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1284360-concerning-the-small-patch-through-steam-today/

Fuck you Bethesda -_-

Yeah, seriously, fuck them and I mean it. I don't care how many leeches are torrenting the game right now, the 4gb patch was a huge stability/performance improvement for me, and now that's gone. Setting aside ALL the things this impacts in the modding sphere, it's a huge kick in the balls. If I had known what this patch was before Steam started downloading it, I would have told it to go to hell and die.

Seems right now people are crawling all over the FNV4GB to try and re-tool it for Skyrim. Really hoping it works. Because I'm seriously considering pirating Skyrim 1.0 right now so I can play it with all the memory God and the Baby Jesus allowed my rig to have.

And now they've locked that thread with the generic statement "post limit."

Who knew the greatest threat to Skyrim wasn't dragons, wasn't the Stormcloaks, and wasn't the Aldmeri Dominion......but the gods of the world! :P
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:57:40 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #2153 on: November 21, 2011, 06:59:34 pm »

Someone's ported it and some people are reporting success:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tyndp4bn6p4tc1f

Not working for me so I'm gonna re-delve into the source and a registry editor and find out why...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:03:13 pm by MorleyDev »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: November 21, 2011, 07:05:28 pm »

I'm gonna give it a day, I want a little more surety than the registry hacks people are trying right now. Sok, I needed a break from Skyrim anyways. I guess this is what the community gets for screaming "GOTY" so loudly. I'm sure Bethesda/Zenimax figured, hey, it's in the bag, let's protect our investment now and just weather all the unadulterated hatred this is going to earn us.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: November 21, 2011, 07:32:33 pm »

Making those NPCs killable through console commands or modding wouldn't be a sufficient solution anyway, since it's unlikely that Bethesda wrote in game conditions for the death of those unkillable NPCs.  I'm just annoyed that they don't allow for morally grey solutions to scenarios like this.  You always have to pick a side and stick with it through to the end.

And alchemy is my favorite crafting system in the game by far.  I like that there are no hard limitations on your ability to create.  The skill tree is only there to make the process smoother and more effective.  You're only limited by availability of materials, which are plentiful enough to guarantee that you always have a wide variety of options.  I like how you get better over time through experimentation.  The best part is that there's no need to grind by creating huge amounts of worthless crap.

Smithing is boring due to hard limitations tied to the skill tree that you have to grind through by creating tons of useless crap, and the range of stuff you can create is really small anyway.  Enchanting would be better, but I find the soul gem component to be really cumbersome.

Sigh... I'm starting to lose interest already.  The wow factor is wearing off and shortcomings are becoming more pronounced.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: November 21, 2011, 07:33:53 pm »

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1284360-concerning-the-small-patch-through-steam-today/

Fuck you Bethesda -_-
Heh, never liked the devs. Bethesda always made me feel fooled. I guess I'll wait for like a year before buying the game. Until they make an unofficial patch, some balance mods or something. Also it's no surprise they locked that thread. They do it all the time.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: November 21, 2011, 07:34:56 pm »

The wow factor is wearing off and shortcomings are becoming more pronounced.

The love affair can only last so long. Been true of every Beth game since I started playing them. And not in the natural way either, where you simply lose the desire to keep up with what the game offers you, like DF. No, every Beth game comes to the point where the illusion is broken, you've mind all the mystery out of it, and it's time to put it down for a while.

Then pick up a mod pack and play it again like your first time.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: November 21, 2011, 07:35:08 pm »

Huh... well you can get a lot of steel arrows for free if you visit one of the target ranges in various cities or like the thieve's guild.

One of the thieves uses Glass Arrows. May be level dependent.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: November 21, 2011, 07:37:02 pm »

Then pick up a mod pack and play it again like your first time.
Exactly. I did it with Morrowind and Oblivion. I'm doing it again with Morrowind using more than 20 mods.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 896