Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1549964 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2220 on: November 22, 2011, 07:55:52 am »

Holy shit, heh. Greatest headshot EVER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE4uzGaQDQg

"<SERMONSERMONSERMO->"

*flik*
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2221 on: November 22, 2011, 08:00:56 am »

sorry, i know, i am repeating myself but...

which drives me insane is that in ALL the houses ive seen so far(via own expirience and internet) have no frakking conteiners near the alchemy/enchanting stations.
The very first house available to you in whiterun has an alchemy pouch SITTING ON the alchemy station. It is a container. Use it.

When the kit comes out you can place them on the other houses.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: November 22, 2011, 08:58:07 am »

As much as I like the new random quest system, I feel like Bethesda is using it as an excuse to half-ass the guilds' storyline quests.  I'm partway through the Thieves Guild and it's okay but I remember Oblivion's Thieves Guild questline having as much to do as some whole games, and the last big heist was awesome.  The Companions quest line was bad, though.  You join their ranks and everybody looks down on you because you're the new blood, three days later you're running the place.

Also, Idolaf in Whiterun is funny.  He came up to me all tough guy saying "Graymane or Battleborn?  If you're Graymane you best keep walkin' chump" or some shit, and since I was on the Imperial Side I said battleborn.  Next thing I know he's telling me I've been a good friend and it means a lot to him.

Also some dark elf shopkeeper I've never talked to gave me a pair of boots as a token of our friendship.  k
Shoes...

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: November 22, 2011, 08:59:53 am »

which drives me insane is that in ALL the houses ive seen so far(via own expirience and internet) have no frakking conteiners near the alchemy/enchanting stations.
The very first house available to you in whiterun has an alchemy pouch SITTING ON the alchemy station. It is a container. Use it.

When the kit comes out you can place them on the other houses.

i double checked the house in riften and no :( still no satchel

and Whiterun house blows. its clusterfest inside and it doesnt even have enchanting table. its by far the worst house. both visualy and practicly
i know what satchel is lol
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:02:08 am by irbis »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: November 22, 2011, 09:07:33 am »

And there's a chest on the bookcase, what, three steps away?
Love, scriver~

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: November 22, 2011, 09:10:42 am »

sure. now tell where do you go from there when you want enchant stuff

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: November 22, 2011, 09:13:07 am »

The Castle

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: November 22, 2011, 09:33:51 am »

The Castle

been doing that for last 3 days. and its actualy fine... as long as someone else is doing the running back and forth.
actualy shame there isnt a quest that the player can get the court wizard job. most of the times their room are damn well equiped.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: November 22, 2011, 09:35:44 am »

I don't see how you'd be enchanting enough to need an enchantment table in your own house really.
*Hugs*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: November 22, 2011, 09:38:55 am »

I don't see how you'd be enchanting enough to need an enchantment table in your own house really.

If your training Enchantment you can often have tons of soul gems and not enough items to use them on.

MIND you... It is more that you don't really need storage for enchanting.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: November 22, 2011, 09:40:01 am »

Eh, I just stick with what I have.

I'm the Dragonborn, I should be out adventuring, not sitting in my house fucking around with enchantments or forging enough swords to equip ten armies.
*Hugs*

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: November 22, 2011, 09:40:18 am »

Just going to leave this completely unrelated thing here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: November 22, 2011, 09:42:58 am »

Enchanting doesn't really pay off until MUCH later anyhow since the items you find will often be better when what you can make

Heck I can't imagine Enchanting paying off until Skill 100 and all the perks. I can't even get close to matching even the most basic item enchantments.

I am doing both Crafting and Enchanting.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: November 22, 2011, 09:45:39 am »

Eh, I just stick with what I have.

I'm the Dragonborn, I should be out adventuring, not sitting in my house fucking around with enchantments or forging enough swords to equip ten armies.

that's just because skill leveling is quite unbalanced, so making an assassin skilled in poisons take a lot of useless potion grinding as normal questing around will increase just stealth, archery and one handed skills.

there should be a non gamey, non grinding way to be whatever one want's to be, granting the fun of crafting without the mundane part of working as apprentice for hours.

suggestion welcome  :D

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: November 22, 2011, 09:46:30 am »

Yeah, I just use the items I can make to keep me slightly ahead of the curve until I can upgrade, I train smithing by improving the items I loot before selling them, and enchantment by removing any enchant effects I like. Alchemy is just used to top up my potion stock when it runs low.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 896