Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550219 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2235 on: November 22, 2011, 09:47:02 am »

Why do the writers have such a hard-on for "twists?"  And by "twists" I mean the good guy turns out to be the bad guy.  I feel like I would do better by taking what people say and assuming the exact opposite is true.
Shoes...

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: November 22, 2011, 09:59:15 am »

i for one enjoy having a personal house in any game i play. not only as a storage really.
My personal RP is to be a hermit wizard. who brews potions, enchants gear for others but also know how to cast spells and demolish his foes. i waste time traveling to gather rare herbs and imprison souls of powerfull creatures in my soul gems. then i head back home. help the people from nearby village or just walk around. i know in Morrowind i was such a mage.

i am just an old p'n'p RPG veteran who lacks the imagination to play them again. so i try my luck in CRPGs. but the problem is - theres just a hand full of sandboxy rpgs out there.
i am a neutral stranger who takes no ones side but their own and who suddenly discovered that one of his ancesters "blew" a dragon. i have no interest in rescusing the world. i am above that.

so yeah. house is importand to me.  ^_^

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: November 22, 2011, 10:05:09 am »

I don't see how you'd be enchanting enough to need an enchantment table in your own house really.

There are so many times I wish I had a shop to tinker. You just go right ahead and buy whatever random crap the merchants happen to be carrying. I'm sure one of those items will have the right enchantment for you eventually.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: November 22, 2011, 10:16:44 am »

i for one enjoy having a personal house in any game i play. not only as a storage really.
My personal RP is to be a hermit wizard. who brews potions, enchants gear for others but also know how to cast spells and demolish his foes. i waste time traveling to gather rare herbs and imprison souls of powerfull creatures in my soul gems. then i head back home. help the people from nearby village or just walk around. i know in Morrowind i was such a mage.

i am just an old p'n'p RPG veteran who lacks the imagination to play them again. so i try my luck in CRPGs. but the problem is - theres just a hand full of sandboxy rpgs out there.
i am a neutral stranger who takes no ones side but their own and who suddenly discovered that one of his ancesters "blew" a dragon. i have no interest in rescusing the world. i am above that.

so yeah. house is importand to me.  ^_^

This is kind of what i do too, though i'm more of a collector, which isn't as fun as it might be due to the level scaling. And the quests is just so bland or plain retarded that i tend to not want to do them.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: November 22, 2011, 10:36:42 am »

You know what Skyrim needs?

That people would use your stuff. It would be awesome if my getting rich off of stamina-hurting daggers would bite me in the ass. Just think about it. A dude comes to you, dual wielding daggers and takes out all your stamina so you cant shield bash, and its all your fault. And also armies covered in dwarven armor you yourself have crafted. People constantly guzzling all the potions you have made and sold and other stuff like that.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: November 22, 2011, 10:39:15 am »

You know what Skyrim needs?

That people would use your stuff. It would be awesome if my getting rich off of stamina-hurting daggers would bite me in the ass. Just think about it. A dude comes to you, dual wielding daggers and takes out all your stamina so you cant shield bash, and its all your fault. And also armies covered in dwarven armor you yourself have crafted. People constantly guzzling all the potions you have made and sold and other stuff like that.

and the world will be full of hundreds and hunreds of iron daggers.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: November 22, 2011, 10:40:19 am »

Who in the world could possibly afford to buy any of it, besides other merchants?
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: November 22, 2011, 10:40:30 am »

I was forever disapointed when

-stamina-violating a enemy does not make him pass out.
-you always have to kill a enemy, even after they yelled "I YIELD".
-many main-quest (and overall quests) simply focus completly on the "punch it till its dead" as only way to solve it. 

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: November 22, 2011, 10:42:54 am »

Who in the world could possibly afford to buy any of it, besides other merchants?
Im guessing it would get devalued pretty fast if you pumped them out.

And Im guessing the empire has some money, and trade caravans get raided you know.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: November 22, 2011, 10:45:13 am »

They'd have to make an actual economy then.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: November 22, 2011, 10:46:31 am »

Well I'm pretty sure that I made enough legendary quality dwarven, swords, daggers, and armor (it's not the most efficient sure, but I want some variety in my grind) to outfit every single guard in Whiterun in full dwarven after a few dwarven ruin raids. 

When so many of them get injected into the economy in a short period of time I'm sure they would become downright cheap in a functioning economy.

Blast, ninjas
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: November 22, 2011, 10:47:00 am »

They'd have to make an actual economy then.

anno 4E222, it would be awesome, and you know it!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: November 22, 2011, 10:51:25 am »

I was forever disapointed when

-stamina-violating a enemy does not make him pass out.
-you always have to kill a enemy, even after they yelled "I YIELD".
-many main-quest (and overall quests) simply focus completly on the "punch it till its dead" as only way to solve it.
I was disappointed that my Orkish Bow of Weakness did little in anyway to anything. It was really a wasted Enchantment for me, as the only time I would use a bow would be to Sneaksnipe or to shoot at a dragon. And Even if I attacked someone with it, and they were not sneak killed, they would have the amount of stamina back by the time they got to me and started swinging as if nothing happened before except for that arrow sticking out of them...

The I Yield cry is kinda a "Huh What???" question when I first heard it, it was in the Starting area, and it was one of the Stormcloaks, he went down to a knee and began to crawl away, screaming I yeild. The Ally I was with just went up to him and slapped him over the head. I was like. But he had Yielded...

Finally, I get tired of this system in everything... "I have a problem with this guy..." "Oh don't worry, I will kill him for you", and, "These people are asking for more money." "I'll kill them then." And. "I need you to transport this to that city." "Do I kill someone?" "Bandits perhaps" "Done"
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: November 22, 2011, 10:54:23 am »

Anyway, as for enchantments: Get paralyze. It is quite amusing to see a Dreadlord running up some stairs - get hit in the face with a arrow, freeze and fall back down - then climb once more, only to repeat the process.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: November 22, 2011, 10:57:08 am »

Anyone noes any recipes for Poison of Paralysis?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 896