Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550140 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2415 on: November 23, 2011, 05:09:36 am »

I finished the main quest and... well... fuck : ( Quite short and now continuing to play throu the game feels less exciting.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: November 23, 2011, 05:51:55 am »

Oh lord, the Draugr Deathlord's Shout disarm attack is a nasty thing. He used it on me while we were fighting on the second story of a room and blew my Dwarven Sword of Devouring (standard attack + 15 health absorb) over the edge and down to the bottom where I couldn't get it without running by him AND hurting myself by falling.
That is awesome. What good fight doesn't involve at least one dramatic disarm? :D
All battles should have that chance of chaos.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: November 23, 2011, 06:04:12 am »

Forsworn questline. It is awesome (well, and the reward exactly matched my playing style and looks totally awesome).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: November 23, 2011, 06:47:17 am »

Forsworn questline. It is awesome (well, and the reward exactly matched my playing style and looks totally awesome).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: November 23, 2011, 07:35:58 am »

Yeah, I liked that one. Also that I got in that town because

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: November 23, 2011, 07:49:44 am »

A courier greeted me when I got back to town. He has some odd fashion sense. Now he's walking around the streets in the middle of the night, naked. Well, in a sleeping cap and boots.

...If only he had a cloak...

Also, seems I forgot to keep the pointer on him for that screenshot, here is one where it says Courier too.
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: November 23, 2011, 08:21:00 am »

Oh lord, the Draugr Deathlord's Shout disarm attack is a nasty thing. He used it on me while we were fighting on the second story of a room and blew my Dwarven Sword of Devouring (standard attack + 15 health absorb) over the edge and down to the bottom where I couldn't get it without running by him AND hurting myself by falling.
Hey, you know what they can't disarm you of? Magic.

Real useless thing that is, magic.
*Hugs*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: November 23, 2011, 08:22:40 am »

I haven't really gotten into the enchanting and such yet, but isn't there a 'silence' effect in there somewhere? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: November 23, 2011, 08:29:02 am »

Yup, very useful on most magic-using enemies. It usually renders them completely powerless.  Alternatives are shock magic which drains magicka as a side effect, or the plentiful "Damage Magicka" poisons you can lace your weapons with.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: November 23, 2011, 08:32:57 am »

I think I fought 3 or 4 deathlords now, none of them disarmed me.  If they did I would be royally boned because I have no backup weapon and it took 3 seconds for my flare spell to kill a rabbit.  Most I ever saw happen was one Unrelenting force me across the room and get butchered by my follower while I was getting back up.

And yea I think that first quest for stealing the ring from the argonian is either impossible to fail or really hard to as long as you do the stuff in a timely manner.  I'm high level but my pickpocket skill is garbage(This was my first time even using it), I have no stealth perks, and I did it all in full dragonplate armor.  I figure that's almost as bumbling fool-y one can get thiverywise and I still pulled it off without a hitch.

I felt bad stealing the ring from the argonian though.  he was the first argonian I saw in all of skyrim that didn't want to kill me.  He called me marsh friend.  I like him.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: November 23, 2011, 08:33:29 am »

You know what I wish you could do... Take over "landmarks" and make them your base. That Tower/Keep to the west of Windrun, filled with Mages and other such things. Looks broken down and shit but there is an Alchemist Lab and Enchanting table surrounded by Cabinets and such. Perfect little get away spot too. Hidden in the snowy peaks...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: November 23, 2011, 08:33:46 am »

I'm playing a Kitteh, so even if I do get disarmed, I'll just get more dangerous :P
*Hugs*

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: November 23, 2011, 08:38:51 am »

Those 'dungeon bosses' usually Shout either Unrelenting Force or the Shout you'll find on the wall, I think.   I remember getting Disarmed in the same dungeon I learned the disarm Shout.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: November 23, 2011, 08:55:21 am »

The most annoying thing about being disarmed is that you have to re-mark your weapon as a favorite and set the key binding all over again.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: November 23, 2011, 09:03:58 am »

GAH DAMN YOU!!!
I had just finished going through Helgan's Keep and had stumbled across the mines. Finding myself taking down the Bandits at level two on master with two hits, One powered hit and a second finisher due to them being dazed. I had gotten to the Smith section down there and then the game crashes!!!
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 896