Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559353 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2655 on: November 25, 2011, 09:02:41 am »

I love how the Skyrim Guards think they still have psychic powers.

I am sorry but only Cyrodil guards have magic psychic "find the perp" powers.

Actually, they're at Dabbling in psychic skills. My assassin summons a bow, kills a target, and cloaks in quick succession while hidden. Then the guards, when they see the scene of the crime, alert every single one in town instantly, and when I uncloak, far away from the target's corpse, they still kill me.

I had to use a calming spell to make them realize the error of their ways.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: November 25, 2011, 09:16:13 am »

Found a lich guarding one of those walls containing power words. After dying twice I just walked to the wall, learned three words and walked away. Lich is sad.
I still need to to the main quest in order to actually use the words but at least I have three more reasons to kill dragons :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: November 25, 2011, 09:18:46 am »

Found a lich guarding one of those walls containing power words. After dying twice I just walked to the wall, learned three words and walked away. Lich is sad.
I still need to to the main quest in order to actually use the words but at least I have three more reasons to kill dragons :P

Ohh that wasn't a Lich. Too bad you didn't kill it though the reward is decent I guess.

Then again... It is tough to kill it.

Also I fought my first "Resistant to everything" boss. I couldn't hurt it until I summoned a bow and fired at it.

--

The most hillarious part of Skyrim that gets to me everytime is that the quest rewards are often EXTREMELY disproportionate to what you actually did.

"Thank you for delivering my essentially free salted meat. 500 gold for everyone!"

Better yet as I found out. 500 gold is specifically an ENTIRE weeks wage for a miner who is working half to death.

--

Also does anyone have a Soulgem guide? I don't want to keep wasting soul gems.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 09:23:09 am by Neonivek »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: November 25, 2011, 09:25:00 am »

I will try to kill him later on as I try to collect all their masks, but right now I just wasn't able to do it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: November 25, 2011, 09:28:57 am »

I will try to kill him later on as I try to collect all their masks, but right now I just wasn't able to do it.

Don't really blame you. It took me a few tries and I was using Magic Stun Lock.

Still worried about running out of skill points.

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: November 25, 2011, 09:36:22 am »

Soul gem guide? You don't need one! I find them everywhere, and when I go to a shop I buy whatever souls they have and sell them dragon parts in return.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: November 25, 2011, 09:37:41 am »

I have also found one lich/wizard/whatever with three black gems. They make it a lot easier to enchant stuff as I hardly ever find something with a common or better soul.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: November 25, 2011, 09:42:03 am »

I guess since All Soul Gems are useless for you except Grand Souls (Azura, Black, and Grand)... I shouldn't worry.

Not that they are all bad... It is just that there is no difference between using a lot of lesser souls to charge a staff then anything else.

And when Enchanting a Lesser Soul gives you just as much EXP as a Greater Soul

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: November 25, 2011, 10:16:29 am »

So, this is driving me crazy. I just have to know. I'm very bad with names, so I'm sorry to say I've already forgotten those relevant to the question, but I think you can understand. Stormcloak City (Windhelm?) townquest spoilers:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2664 on: November 25, 2011, 10:23:57 am »

@scriver
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: November 25, 2011, 12:14:47 pm »

Ohh that wasn't a Lich. Too bad you didn't kill it though the reward is decent I guess.

Then again... It is tough to kill it.

Also I fought my first "Resistant to everything" boss. I couldn't hurt it until I summoned a bow and fired at it.

--

The most hillarious part of Skyrim that gets to me everytime is that the quest rewards are often EXTREMELY disproportionate to what you actually did.

"Thank you for delivering my essentially free salted meat. 500 gold for everyone!"

Better yet as I found out. 500 gold is specifically an ENTIRE weeks wage for a miner who is working half to death.

--

well you can check this
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Souls

and especialy this (if you feel strong enough)
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Black_Star

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: November 25, 2011, 12:54:23 pm »

About soul gems and enchanting, if you want to make money with enchanting, the best enchant that i found so far is the "banish" one, but i think that you need to be high level to find it in shops. Anyway, once you have it, you can make a lot of money even out of petty soul gems (but note that for some reason, the price of self-enchanted goods seems to drop as you go higher in skill, even though the enchant itself gets better). Previously, my best enchants for money were Absorb health and before that, Turn undead.
Enchant iron daggers with that and you'll get monies (and of course you'll train your enchanting skill).

Now, the biggest problem that i faced when training enchanting was finding enough petty soul gems for all those 1 hit point wonders out there. The easiest way seemed to be checking the shops often, and in particular the college of Winterhold, since you can get soul gems from half of the mages there. When out hunting for souls, i always have with me a weapon enchanted with soul trap (1sec), and finish the creatures with it (i sorta roleplayed mine as a sacrificial dagger). Even a low level soul can make a good soul-stealing enchant with many charges, because of the low duration.
Petty/lesser/common/greater souls should be used on vendor trash to train enchanting, while Grand souls should be kept for your best equipment. Here's a quick rule of thumb for soul ranks, from my experience :

When i'm hunting for souls, i make sure to have at least 15 petty/lesser/common soul gems, 5 greater, and as many grand as i'll be killing mammoths. If i'm not hunting souls, i only keep the Azura's star, and i recharge my weapon with it as often as possible.

Edit :
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:09:59 pm by Sirian »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: November 25, 2011, 01:06:41 pm »

@scriver