Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558233 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2985 on: November 29, 2011, 02:35:55 am »

Indeed. And the horses have abysmal speed at normal speed, and low stamina for sprinting. Seriously, who tacked that feature on without iron the kinks?

Not to mention they are horrible at mountain climbing.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: November 29, 2011, 02:37:07 am »

Clearly you should tame some mountain goats and ride those instead.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: November 29, 2011, 02:37:35 am »

And these arent war horses, so they'll freak out if you draw blade or cast spells on their back.

Except they're just fine with running into battle versus anything.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: November 29, 2011, 02:40:15 am »

And these arent war horses, so they'll freak out if you draw blade or cast spells on their back.

Except they're just fine with running into battle versus anything.

Got annoyed by their eagerness to attack, set their health and stamina to 5000 instead. Now, that's what I call a horse~
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: November 29, 2011, 02:57:44 am »

Yeah, horses aren't Skyrim's strongest asset... I didn't bother to replace mine after it was killed by a dragon, they're just too much hassle to keep alive.

You know what game had great horse riding and mounted combat? Red Dead Redemption. Bethesda would've done well to take inspiration from it.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2990 on: November 29, 2011, 03:10:59 am »

Give it two months. Mounted Combat Mod, complete with talking to people from horseback.

Of course, to install it you'll need Skyrim Script Extender, Better Horses, Miaq's Horse Husbandry Mod, DLC Crab Armor, Deadlier Beheadings, The Cap'n Official Fishy Stick Cooking Expansion, Skyrim Superior Scaling, Improved Metalworking *Horseshoes pack*, Polygamy Enabler, My Little Pony Horse Reskin, and The Unofficial Skyrim Patch. And the Unofficial Crab Armor Patch.

Actually a mod that makes it possible to make bread and apple pie would be pretty cool.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: November 29, 2011, 03:18:31 am »

Playing as my grouchy old man magician character, I just wiped out

...Good fun! :D Magic can be pretty awesome!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: November 29, 2011, 04:22:29 am »

I just found my dream house!

Its called "Drelas Cottage"
The PROs:
-Its right at map marker so fast traveling sents me right in front of the house doors.
-It has both enchanting and alchemy stations right next to each other with at least one container next to them.
-cooking fireplace
-loads of containers
-just 3 rooms so everything is in the range of hand

CON's:
-the house is marked as "owned" so you things taken here are marked as stolen and you cant use the bed
-propably its being reset every now and then

So, anybody knows any way to do something with this? to stop the instance reseting + unflaged it as owned?

seriously - this little nifty cottage beats all the legit houses ive seen so far in the game. 

As for the magic - beside all the flaws that has been talked about its preety cool. i must admit that in no game magic felt so good before. you know its feels soooo damn good to "spark" your enemy till it bends and disintigrates leaving a steaming pile of ash. or throwing a fireball and watching ppl fly in air from the explosion. it tops even my personal #1 in terms of action based magic: Gothic 1 and 2.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: November 29, 2011, 04:26:13 am »

It's also right next to a dragon spawn points just up the mountain...

Get the horse from the dark hand (/brotherhood) quests, it's immortal and badass.

I once bought a horse.
I jumped once and it died in less then 5 mins after being released from its stable.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: November 29, 2011, 04:48:23 am »

I just found my dream house!

Its called "Drelas Cottage"
The PROs:
-Its right at map marker so fast traveling sents me right in front of the house doors.
-It has both enchanting and alchemy stations right next to each other with at least one container next to them.
-cooking fireplace
-loads of containers
-just 3 rooms so everything is in the range of hand

CON's:
-the house is marked as "owned" so you things taken here are marked as stolen and you cant use the bed
-propably its being reset every now and then

So, anybody knows any way to do something with this? to stop the instance reseting + unflaged it as owned?

seriously - this little nifty cottage beats all the legit houses ive seen so far in the game. 

As for the magic - beside all the flaws that has been talked about its preety cool. i must admit that in no game magic felt so good before. you know its feels soooo damn good to "spark" your enemy till it bends and disintigrates leaving a steaming pile of ash. or throwing a fireball and watching ppl fly in air from the explosion. it tops even my personal #1 in terms of action based magic: Gothic 1 and 2.

Only thing I can think of is waiting for the CK and editing the house.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2995 on: November 29, 2011, 04:49:18 am »

wasn't there an update today or yesterday? still no CK?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: November 29, 2011, 05:04:25 am »

That was for the PS3. The PC patch (along with the Xbox 360) patch is released tomorrow, but there is no news on the CK. :(

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2997 on: November 29, 2011, 05:11:34 am »

darn it. how long did it take for oblivion to have the ck?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: November 29, 2011, 05:21:26 am »

Guys!!!! hiper warning!!! dont know if its well know but w/e

do NOT finish a dragon with a electricity based spells if you have Disintegretion perk!!! Dragon turns into pile of ash but you dont absorb its soul!!!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: November 29, 2011, 05:52:33 am »

It's also right next to a dragon spawn points just up the mountain...

Get the horse from the dark hand (/brotherhood) quests, it's immortal and badass.

I once bought a horse.
I jumped once and it died in less then 5 mins after being released from its stable.

While immortal to damage, the Dark Brotherhood Horse isn't invulnerable to fall damage. Don't go leaping from atop High Hrothgar now.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 896