Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558991 times)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3000 on: November 29, 2011, 05:56:20 am »

Speaking of horses, has anybody else encountered the bug where you dismount and your horse goes flying away? Pretty much always dies after landing.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: November 29, 2011, 05:59:18 am »

Speaking of horses, has anybody else encountered the bug where you dismount and your horse goes flying away? Pretty much always dies after landing.

Nope, although I've seem mammoths going out of their way to fly and die.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: November 29, 2011, 06:26:17 am »

Guys!!!! hiper warning!!! dont know if its well know but w/e

do NOT finish a dragon with a electricity based spells if you have Disintegretion perk!!! Dragon turns into pile of ash but you dont absorb its soul!!!

You CAN absorb its soul, but you need to stay near the ash pile after the kill. I rarely couldn't absorb a dragon's soul, but I can't say if it was caused by this perk or not.

I must say that I find the Disintegration perk useless and boring (and buggy in some cases, like for the dragons). I should find a way to deactivate it.
___

Speaking of dragons, I met just yesterday my 2nd dead dragon falling directly on the ground near me. And it was inside Riften! Free soul!
And one week ago I also met a weird dual-dragon bug: I was fighting two dragons (???), and one of them became skeletal (no skin visible, but it still kept its 'normal' name) whereas the other became half-transparent. Really weird, but kinda awesome.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: November 29, 2011, 07:00:22 am »

Hand to hand is completely gimped. It was useless in Oblivion and solely the providence of master players in Morrowind, but seriously, there's not even a skill for it now.

However, if you get the heavy armor feat that lets gauntlet AC affect damage...

Are you kidding me? I was pure Hand-to-Hand in Oblivion this one time, and I was stronger than ever. I took down the entire Imperial City with my hands. And potions. Especially back-power strike to paralyze... I wound up paralyzing soldiers, then beating the shit out of their frozen bodies, taking breaking to reparalyze whenever something came near, or the target started to rise.

Good times.

Edit;
In fact, I once punched an Orc in the city. He started attacking me, a female character, then all the guards chased him out of the city. I was laughing so hard. It was like a sick Charlie Chaplin skit.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3004 on: November 29, 2011, 08:14:13 am »

Get the horse from the dark hand (/brotherhood) quests, it's immortal and badass.
Unless you fall off a slightly-too-high ledge, in which case it insta-dies forever.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: November 29, 2011, 09:07:03 am »

My Little Pony Horse Reskin

If someone made that, it would be motivation enough for me to buy a computer capable of running Skyrim, instead of a copy for the 360. A MLP mod that altered the PC, on the other hand, would make me give the modder all my money.

On another note, is there any style of play in Skyrim that approaches the levels of brokenness attained by stealth dagger and bow attacks?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: November 29, 2011, 09:09:36 am »

Smithing + enchanting. +Stealth attacks.

Also, I think it'll be possible to transform the PC into a horse reskinned (or a whole new pony model, I guess) as a pony. I mean, you can transform into a werewolf, so it's just the same thing as that except as a pony.
Love, scriver~

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: November 29, 2011, 09:18:07 am »

You can kill anything with x16 Stealth Hit attack bonus, fully enchanted dagger (Drain Health or Elemental Damage), fully smithed dagger, dagger of Dragon Bone and a poisoned blade for good measure - especially if you do a dual-wielding power attack. You get in 1-4 sneak hits before they notice you.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: November 29, 2011, 09:31:50 am »

Disintigration's use is that it allows you to instantly finish off a possibly difficult opponent without giving them a chance to heal.

Though I consider Freezing better. It allows you to soul trap enemies quite easily (and I have yet to see an enemy who couldn't be killed in 60 seconds if you put them in freezing range)

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: November 29, 2011, 09:41:37 am »

If someone made that, it would be motivation enough for me to buy a computer capable of running Skyrim, instead of a copy for the 360. A MLP mod that altered the PC, on the other hand, would make me give the modder all my money.

Heres the reskin
Meh.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: November 29, 2011, 10:06:04 am »

Heres the reskin

ROTFL. Ask and you shall recive eh?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: November 29, 2011, 10:09:50 am »

I just started a Khajiit character. I'm going to do nothing but punch people, smith, enchant, and block. Also wear heavy armor. It will be glorious.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: November 29, 2011, 10:12:06 am »

I never really thought about it, but do the dual wielding perks apply to two fists?  Because if so, with the faster swing speed and elemental fury, it is time for FotNS.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: November 29, 2011, 10:15:48 am »

Heres the reskin

Hm. Looks a bit too creepy for me to spend the cash I'd need for a proper rig. Shame it didn't replace the horse with full-on ponies similar to the characters in one of the games under development. I guess my legendary hero of heroic legend will be...

8)

hoofing it again.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: November 29, 2011, 10:33:06 am »

Heres the reskin

Hm. Looks a bit too creepy for me to spend the cash I'd need for a proper rig. Shame it didn't replace the horse with full-on ponies similar to the characters in one of the games under development. I guess my legendary hero of heroic legend will be...

8)

hoofing it again.

Well, the MLP ponies as horses will be released as themselves, instead of reskins, when the CS is released.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 896