Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550126 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3270 on: December 05, 2011, 09:58:52 am »

technically speaking, dragons can be thrown down on the ground. by guards and similar, but if the dovahkin isn't present, their souls aren't captured, and they should resurrect.
so one thing would be continous attacks against cities unless the dragonborn passes by there. so you'd have to do the quest while keeping in mind that some cities will be under attack if you don't visit/protect them.
obviously it should be done in a way not to harass too much the player.
like, a really low percentage.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: December 05, 2011, 10:29:06 am »

The treasure maps seem to be broken for me, none of the treasure's show up (I'm looking at III and VII places, they're not there). Do anyone else have this issue too?
Love, scriver~

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: December 05, 2011, 10:31:46 am »

There are other "heros" around, more often then not they need some help from you...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: December 05, 2011, 10:34:04 am »

The treasure maps seem to be broken for me, none of the treasure's show up (I'm looking at III and VII places, they're not there). Do anyone else have this issue too?
I never go a treasuremap and found the treasure cause I already knew where it was. So don't think its connected like that, unless I am doing it wrong...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Saurus33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: December 05, 2011, 10:55:05 am »

So, I now have Skyrim, and as I predicted the level scaling is getting to me. I find myself thinking, oh damn, why did I want to use alchemy again? It will just make my enemies stronger.

Aside from that, it seems to be going pretty well.
I do have a few questions, however.

1. How do you activate racial powers/tell when they are active?
So far I haven't actually noticed any benefit from my orc's beserker rage, and I can't tell if it is because I haven't turned it on or because it isn't very powerful.
2. How do you kill groups of mages?
They just keep burning me alive, and it is getting tiring.

P.S. I have the PC version.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: December 05, 2011, 11:24:17 am »

1, Racial powers are activated by whatever key uses shouts, you need to equip them in the magic menu, unless they're passive.

2, Sprint up and smash their faces in.
*Hugs*

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: December 05, 2011, 11:33:00 am »

Taking out mages can be easier with certain shouts.  Depending on the shout you could not a group down, rush into their face before they can react or slowly charge while immune to damage.  Or whatever other shouts come in handy in those situations.

The other way I have worked out is making yourself really resistant to their magic until they don't use it.  My nord character while not technically immune to frost damage will never have it cast at him by mages or the dragons because he has 100% resistance, not sure if thats common or just him though...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: December 05, 2011, 12:05:39 pm »

They are there and hidden in plain sight. Keep looking.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: December 05, 2011, 12:28:50 pm »

No, what I'm trying to say is that they are not there. When I couldn't find them I looked at a Youtube guide, and yeah, there's no chests where they should be.
Love, scriver~

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: December 05, 2011, 12:48:43 pm »

No, what I'm trying to say is that they are not there. When I couldn't find them I looked at a Youtube guide, and yeah, there's no chests where they should be.

That is odd, although might not be so odd if you're running the 1.2 update.

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: December 05, 2011, 02:14:05 pm »

snip wall of text ;)

Yep, I read it, and I think it's exactly as you say. In the end, Skyrim is Oblivion with slightly different leveled lists. The scaling plays out pretty well with the build I'm playing (mage using Destruction) and the environment is very immersive, but I fear I'm going to hit the same, I've-done-enough wall that I hit in Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3. I definitely get my money's worth with Bethesda games and Skyrim is already my favorite, but they still need some improvement to become truly epic.

Now I'm sitting here, wondering how I think the game *should* work. Not the time or place to discuss that, I think, so on to a different topic:

I visited the mage in Dragonsreach to offload some junk, and was happy to see a filled Grand Soul gem. I like to snap those up since I always have more crap to sell than vendors have money, but then I realized I didn't have my haggling gear on. I broke convo, equipped my gear and went back to the buy/sell screen--and the Grand Soul gem was gone! Switched back to normal gear--still gone.

I didn't bother trying to reproduce it from saves but found it curious.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #3281 on: December 05, 2011, 02:30:57 pm »

snip wall of text ;)

Yep, I read it, and I think it's exactly as you say. In the end, Skyrim is Oblivion with slightly different leveled lists. The scaling plays out pretty well with the build I'm playing (mage using Destruction) and the environment is very immersive, but I fear I'm going to hit the same, I've-done-enough wall that I hit in Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3. I definitely get my money's worth with Bethesda games and Skyrim is already my favorite, but they still need some improvement to become truly epic.

Now I'm sitting here, wondering how I think the game *should* work. Not the time or place to discuss that, I think, so on to a different topic:

I visited the mage in Dragonsreach to offload some junk, and was happy to see a filled Grand Soul gem. I like to snap those up since I always have more crap to sell than vendors have money, but then I realized I didn't have my haggling gear on. I broke convo, equipped my gear and went back to the buy/sell screen--and the Grand Soul gem was gone! Switched back to normal gear--still gone.

I didn't bother trying to reproduce it from saves but found it curious.
He must have used it to recharge his enchanted Hood of Arrogance.

I got nothing

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: December 05, 2011, 03:44:23 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93W6mB0ZqCM&feature=related

One of the best thing about Skyrim is that the bugs you encounter have a greater chance of being hilarious than being annoying :D

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: December 05, 2011, 03:48:32 pm »

I love that video, it starts out ridiculous and then just gets even more so. And at the end the guy just sits in the saddle acting like nothing happened.
"Who, me? Nah, I'm just sitting on my horse." :D

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: December 05, 2011, 04:19:39 pm »

'Need something?'
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 896