Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550100 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3750 on: December 15, 2011, 04:23:04 pm »

Well yes obviously. Or just load the last autosave.

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: December 15, 2011, 05:00:01 pm »

The abandoned house quest in Markarth was pretty cool.

Ugh.. I finally got tired of running to the Jarl's house in Whiterun to do enchanting, cheated a bit and read up on houses, and...

Hjerim. Nice!

Except I didn't read past the 'cool stuff the house has' table and encountered one of the zillion bugs associated with the house. There is blood and entrails everywhere, goddammit! No containers in the room with the alchemy/enchanting tables either. GRRRR

So I moved to the Archmages quarters. No (buggy) mannequins or (buggy) weapon plaques, but at least there are some containers within easy reach of the alchemy table. I almost never use alchemy.

Otherwise... Destruction only for DPS is fun, I don't care what anyone says.

Also... Thank god for '~save [save name]'
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:01:32 pm by eggrock »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3752 on: December 15, 2011, 05:01:12 pm »

Ugh.. I finally got tired of running to the Jarl's house in Whiterun to do enchanting, cheated a bit and read up on houses, and...

Hjerim. Nice!

Except I didn't read past the 'cool stuff the house has' table and encountered one of the zillion bugs associated with the house. There is blood and entrails everywhere, goddammit! No containers in the room with the alchemy/enchanting tables either. GRRRR

So I moved to the Archmages quarters. No (buggy) mannequins or (buggy) weapon plaques, but at least there are some containers within easy reach of the alchemy table. I almost never use alchemy.

Otherwise... Destruction only for DPS is fun, I don't care what anyone says.
There's a mod out that adds 2 chests to the house right next to the enchanting/alchemy tables.

Also the blood etc will go away if you buy the 'clean up the murderer's mess' upgrade first.

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: December 15, 2011, 05:02:31 pm »

Also the blood etc will go away if you buy the 'clean up the murderer's mess' upgrade first.

I didn't have the quest complete before buying upgrades, so no option to clean up the mess. I did 'markfordelete' all the crap in that room.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3754 on: December 15, 2011, 05:04:17 pm »

I didn't have the quest complete before buying upgrades, so no option to clean up the mess. I did 'markfordelete' all the crap in that room.
You should be able to buy the clean-up once you've investigated all of the clues. The key is you have to buy it first. Its only 500 gold.

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: December 15, 2011, 05:10:56 pm »

It's not available after purchasing the Living Room upgrade--known bug. I bought that before finishing the quest.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Hjerim

If you do not buy "Clean up the murderers mess" for 500 gold before purchasing the Living Room upgrade, the "mess" will still be there and the option to clean the mess will disappear.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3756 on: December 15, 2011, 05:14:17 pm »

Ahh ok

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: December 15, 2011, 05:22:00 pm »

Not a huge deal since the only faction quest I've completed has been the College of Winterfell, and since I play as a mage it fits.

One kind of neat thing I found when I tried markfordelete on the bloody floor texture (which removed the floor) was falling through the map. Once you fall so far you're teleported back to the entrance point for that area. Beats the heck out of that spongy effect I got in certain areas in Oblivion.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: December 15, 2011, 05:31:43 pm »

Not a huge deal since the only faction quest I've completed has been the College of Winterfell, and since I play as a mage it fits.
It's Winterhold. You've clearly been reading too much.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: December 15, 2011, 05:57:16 pm »

Remember when there was that DF story about the dwarf that caught an arrow with his teeth?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By the way, that character is an Altmer named Cacame Awemedinade.
I figured since I can't be a dwarf this is the next best thing.

Also, this guy is totally stealing my thunder:

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: December 15, 2011, 06:01:05 pm »

Remember when there was that DF story about the dwarf that caught an arrow with his teeth?

Nice catch, however..
In my opinion, DF elves would be better suited as Bosmer of Elder Scrolls, due to how similar they are in certain aspects.
they are religiously carnivorous and cannibalistic, but do not harm vegetation of Valenwood

But that's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:05:12 pm by Ultimuh »

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: December 15, 2011, 06:19:20 pm »

You should go up to a guard and say, "I used to be a guard, like you, but then I caught an arrow with my teeth!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: December 15, 2011, 06:20:21 pm »

Nice catch, however..
In my opinion, DF elves would be better suited as Bosmer of Elder Scrolls, due to how similar they are in certain aspects.
they are religiously carnivorous and cannibalistic, but do not harm vegetation of Valenwood

But they are ok with other people doing it for them, so they're not that close to DF elfs. They also don't eat plants.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: December 15, 2011, 09:06:15 pm »

Nice catch, however..

But they are ok with other people doing it for them, so they're not that close to DF elfs. They also don't eat plants.

Besides, in terms of sheer snobbery (and xenophobia) the Altmer have them beat. Of course, what this really means is that the Thalmor are the nearest equivalent, as they combine (presumably) the worst of the Altmer with the worst of the Bosmer.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: December 15, 2011, 10:01:25 pm »

I found out that you can have your cake and eat it too when Escaping the Silvermine in Markarth.

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 896