Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550100 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3825 on: December 19, 2011, 06:11:11 am »

I seem to have encountered an annoying bug.

You know Heimskr? The guy who annoyingly praises Talos in Whiterun all day? Well Talos really seems to love the guy.

First off, he never sleeps. That's not the bug, that's just dumb scheduling on bethesda's part. He sits in the busy center of town all day and then goes and sits in a busy bar all night. Meaning that he's rarely alone for me to kill when I get annoyed with his dumb ranting.

But I finally managed to get in the square when there were no guards around, right at like 5 AM when he begins to preach. I kill him, secretly. I've done it multiple times in multiple ways. If I kill him with spells it tells me that the bounty on assault is negated, if I kill him with a sneak attack nothing happens.

But no matter what, once I kill the guy, all the whiterun guards become hostile and refuse to accept my surrender. If I get seen as I kill him for whatever reason, I go "hey, I'm the thane" and they're like "oh, just this once" and then keep attacking and refuse to accept my surrender. Like, as soon as I kill the guy Talos just takes over all the guards and kills me or something.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: December 19, 2011, 06:22:36 am »

Thats because everyone in Whiterun still worship Talos secretly. Even the Jarl and his men in the Keep state that they still do in idle conversation. But yeah. Looks to be a bug.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: December 19, 2011, 06:24:57 am »

Sounds like it may not be a bug then. You killed their prophet -> Religious fanatics go!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: December 19, 2011, 06:30:56 am »

Maybe the guards notice something is wrong when Heimskr isn't screaming to the heavens all the time? :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: December 19, 2011, 06:36:29 am »

Maybe the guards notice something is wrong when Heimskr isn't screaming to the heavens all the time? :P

Yeah, but they shouldn't all instantly telepathically know it's me, and then refuse to accept my surrender and just try to kill me.

It's like I'm playing oblivion again.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: December 19, 2011, 12:57:35 pm »

Open console, click offending NPC, type "disable", press enter, close console. Problem solved.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3831 on: December 19, 2011, 01:04:18 pm »

overheating was fixed.
it was dust.
DUST.
so beware, no need for cooling pads.
remove the dust.
really.
without dust my pc went from scorching hot to lukewarm.
beware of dust...remember...dust is your enemy!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: December 19, 2011, 02:08:38 pm »

overheating was fixed.
it was dust.
DUST.
so beware, no need for cooling pads.
remove the dust.
really.
without dust my pc went from scorching hot to lukewarm.
beware of dust...remember...dust is your enemy!
Used some FOS RO DAH ina can?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3833 on: December 19, 2011, 02:11:51 pm »

used something even better:

vacuum cleaner+alcohol tip to make everything smooth.
i had to since i actually realized that i cannot directly access my vents without actually having to dismount EVERYTHING of the pc.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: December 19, 2011, 02:46:31 pm »

damn this level scaling, it finaly hit in when i bumped 21 lvl. suddenly all bandits became Bandit Pluderers. So instead of 1 fireball now they need 3-4. Thing is - i was damn suprised when in one abandomed keep i kept killing new waves of bandits and i suddenly died. i was like "wtf", loaded save and died again.
this time i took it slowly and seen a Bandit Pluderer that was using magic. then he cast it and i died again lol. i dont know what spell he used but he sure 1hko'ed me, just liek that.
Reloaded, this time i used ward but this bastard spell was like a damn artilary. my ward broke and i got stagered. obviously he cast it again and i died... again. finaly ive been able to kill this son of a goat by throwing fireballs in the corners so the AOE got him. I dont know what spell it was. Felt like a damn Thunder from expert tier.
the anoying thing is - i have hell of a problem shooting anything with spells but the A.I in here feels like an aimbot. He nailed me with that Thunder spell when maybe just my arm was visible. like someone implemented Quake's railgun into Elder Scrolls.
I dont have problems with high difficulty level but this sudden jump is just damn unbalanced. I mean, i can battle 2 dragons at once and win but one generic Bandit Plunderer Wizkills me like a bee? >=(

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: December 19, 2011, 03:07:32 pm »

Magic, its more dangerous to you then it is to them.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: December 19, 2011, 03:21:02 pm »

used something even better:

vacuum cleaner+alcohol tip to make everything smooth.

I am not an expert on tech, but some pc-fixing-weirdo-guy (not sure if it was his profession but he looked like Dwight, so I had no choice but to believe) told me that vacuum-cleaning the computer might mess with the circuits or something along those lines.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3837 on: December 19, 2011, 03:27:24 pm »

well right about now it's going strong and with no problems. :/
the problem is if you make the vacuum cleaner go in the opposite direction of the fans, and furthermore my laptops vents are completely on the other side of were the ram or the motherboard is (actually tried opening it up, then realized i would never reach the vents manually)

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: December 19, 2011, 03:29:02 pm »

well right about now it's going strong and with no problems. :/
the problem is if you make the vacuum cleaner go in the opposite direction of the fans, and furthermore my laptops vents are completely on the other side of were the ram or the motherboard is (actually tried opening it up, then realized i would never reach the vents manually)

I'm pretty sure that you might get uhh... Something bad in terms of electricity, I don't really go often to physics to be honest. It's not certain to happen, but it might. For all I know this might not be true, I'm just stating the reason why I don't do that, just to be safe.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3839 on: December 19, 2011, 03:33:05 pm »

maybe magnetical fields something?
that the case i first removed the plug and the battery, then worked on it.
i too am utterly afraid of getting zapped by something electronic by chance.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 896