Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559113 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3885 on: December 21, 2011, 04:48:32 pm »

Winter 2015: TES IX: Draw your game! using only bright pink on a bright pink sheet.
You have no limits to your immagination! make the quests you want where you want how long you want! insert whatever you wish to have as a husband/wife! even yourself from the future!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3886 on: December 21, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »

Summer 2016: TES X - IMAGINATION

STOP PLAYING GAMES AND JUST IMAGINE AN AMAZING ADVENTURE IN TESXIMAGINATIONOHGODKILLTHEJOKENOW

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: December 21, 2011, 05:16:04 pm »

STOP PLAYING GAMES AND JUST IMAGINE AN AMAZING ADVENTURE IN TESXIMAGINATIONOHGODKILLTHEJOKENOW
This is basically tabletop roleplaying.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3888 on: December 21, 2011, 05:17:09 pm »

We have come full circle.  8)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: December 21, 2011, 05:25:49 pm »

Hold on we forgot about LARP

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: December 21, 2011, 05:26:47 pm »

Relevant.

Also, it is now 1E 1 gogogo.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: December 21, 2011, 05:27:09 pm »

Hold on we forgot about LARP

And Collectible Trading Cards.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3892 on: December 21, 2011, 05:37:57 pm »

An Elder Scrolls CCG would be amusing.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: December 21, 2011, 05:44:42 pm »

SkyUI

Seems like some talented peeps have modded the Skyrim UI to be better suited for PC users.  I haven't tried it yet, but the screenshots look like they've done a wonderful job so far.  You can even choose between icon sets for the category icons.

So far they've "only" done the inventory menu. I can't wait for the Magic menu to be updated, switching to non-hotkeyed spells and powers is always such a hassle.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: December 21, 2011, 05:59:09 pm »

???

People are complaining already? That was fast.

I happen to enjoy the game, mostly because I don't break immersion just by having a marker on the compass. ::) I mean, it's impossible for Adventurer to have a compass, right? Or mark something on his map?

And while the dungeons backtracking is sort of strange, it's a hell of a lot better than getting stuck in a hole and having to reload. If we were going for 100% realism, there would have to be a entire minigame based around shoving a full suit of Elven armor into your backpack. Not to mention your hundreds of dwarven arrows that should be impossible to carry. Oh, and swimming in heavy armor? They should take that out, because it's totes unrealistic. Most of the light armor too.

As for trainers, who gets more skilled in armor within an hour/week? Crazy. They need to go. For that matter, the HP system should be replaced by a DF like system that requires hours of pouring over your old anatomy texts to find the most optimal place to stab the next bandit.

Also elves and dwarves and dragons never existed and shouldn't be in the game. Why are there so many caves? What about the polytheism that shouldn't be so prevalent during that time period?

TES VI: History Class.

Tl;Dr  calm down it's a game. It's not going to be perfect so don't sweat the small stuff and look at the game as a whole.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3895 on: December 21, 2011, 06:10:35 pm »

???

People are complaining already? That was fast.
This is the internet. People were complaining since several hours BEFORE release.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: December 21, 2011, 06:14:34 pm »

Yeah, people have been complaining since it was announced that Unarmed Combat wasn't going to be in.
*Hugs*

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: December 21, 2011, 06:33:19 pm »

I was complaining before they announced Skyrim. I knew TES series were ruined when Oblivion came out. It's just less skills, armors, weapons, magic, etc, etc and more graphics, combat and "streamlining" for casual players (they actually mean dumb players I think) from now on.

Meh, it's not perfect but it's still fun if you don't play it like the way you played Morrowind.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: December 21, 2011, 06:40:58 pm »

I was complaining before they announced Skyrim. I knew TES series were ruined when Oblivion came out. It's just less skills, armors, weapons, magic, etc, etc and more graphics, combat and "streamlining" for casual players (they actually mean dumb players I think) from now on.

Meh, it's not perfect but it's still fun if you don't play it like the way you played Morrowind.

You mean spamming the jump button while you move around?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3899 on: December 21, 2011, 06:44:05 pm »

I was complaining before they announced Skyrim. I knew TES series were ruined when Oblivion came out. It's just less skills, armors, weapons, magic, etc, etc and more graphics, combat and "streamlining" for casual players (they actually mean dumbconsole players I think) from now on.

ftfy
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 896