Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558329 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3960 on: December 23, 2011, 03:07:19 pm »

The dungeons got old really fast. They are very repetitive, and I feel the need to open EVERY single urn. I stopped checking the urns, which made dungeons go by quicker, but still not very fun.

I. Can't. Stop. Opening. Urns.

2 gold
9 gold
3 gold

**checks inventory - 70k gold**

5 gold - and an amethyst! Jackpot!

Can't. Stop.

Urns?
Oh you mean those golden things which acts like containers?
I rarely open those as I do not find them very profitable.

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: December 23, 2011, 03:12:31 pm »

Urns and burial containers - It's always minimal gold and the occasional low-level stone, which I must collect for (no reason at all).

At least they don't contain forks and the like anymore. That was a major gripe people had with Oblivion (and probably Morrowind.)

There should be consequences for looting the dead and/or desecrating their tomb with errant fireballs.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: December 23, 2011, 03:24:51 pm »

Orcish equipment: worse than dwarven in every way, but takes a higher level to make. What? I just wasted the resources on some orcish weapons.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: December 23, 2011, 03:25:52 pm »

Orcish equipment: worse than dwarven in every way, but takes a higher level to make. What? I just wasted the resources on some orcish weapons.

Think of it as skilling up with those resources.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: December 23, 2011, 03:28:09 pm »

Think of it as skilling up with those resources.

I'd rather skill up with one iron and one leather strip.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: December 23, 2011, 03:34:41 pm »

it's not like I paid them with non working money.
bullseye. well said

I paid for my Skyrim pre-order with trade-ins of wii games. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: December 23, 2011, 03:41:29 pm »

Urns?
Oh you mean those golden things which acts like containers?
I rarely open those as I do not find them very profitable.
Urns are actually half decent. Sometimes you'll find a leveled version of a Restore potion, or some gems.

But, they'll be especially profitable if you finish a certain thing. If you finish it and start looting urns, expect gems flowing out of your ears.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: December 23, 2011, 04:14:43 pm »

i loot every urns i can. thats because i dont trade/sell stuff so my Speech can remain as low as possible.
when you have this in mind every penny becomes valuable. i am 26lvl and i have barely 18k gold. and thats just because i used the house exploit to not pay for it lol.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: December 23, 2011, 04:16:46 pm »

The dungeons got old really fast. They are very repetitive, and I feel the need to open EVERY single urn. I stopped checking the urns, which made dungeons go by quicker, but still not very fun.

I. Can't. Stop. Opening. Urns.

2 gold
9 gold
3 gold

**checks inventory - 70k gold**

5 gold - and an amethyst! Jackpot!

Can't. Stop.

I have to wonder what the developers thought here.  "Hey guys we have to put some stuff in these burial grounds.  How bout these huge burial urns?  But what to put in them?  Maybe nords just make absolutely giant pots, toss in 2 gold coins and call it a sufficient tribute to their dead?  Sounds good to me."
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: December 23, 2011, 04:29:37 pm »

Obviously you're the only one who thinks to loot bodies. I presume the dead were cremated with a few baubles still on them, and their remains put in these urns.

Think- when you see a rotting, charred, naked corpse, and somehow extract from it three gold coins that couldn't be seen from the outside, was it really worth three gold coins? I hope you brought hand sanitizer.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: December 23, 2011, 04:34:20 pm »

Think- when you see a rotting, charred, naked corpse, and somehow extract from it three gold coins that couldn't be seen from the outside, was it really worth three gold coins?

Yes. Yes, it was.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #3971 on: December 23, 2011, 04:35:26 pm »

I just wonder where the gold coins come from when I kill a bear or horker. Like, are they swallowing adventurers whole? Lets hope the dont swallow that arrow he had in his knee...
I got nothing

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3972 on: December 23, 2011, 04:40:08 pm »

In a world where there exists untold millions of these little magic weightless coins where you can't even go on a hike without finding a box, urn, barrel, or chest with a few inside - I don't think it's all that far fetched that a bear or horker wound up accidentally eating one.

Or maybe a giant smashed someone and caused the coins in his purse to become kinetic missiles, sticking into random animals across the realm.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: December 23, 2011, 04:42:21 pm »

In a world where there exists untold millions of these little magic weightless coins where you can't even go on a hike without finding a box, urn, barrel, or chest with a few inside - I don't think it's all that far fetched that a bear or horker wound up accidentally eating one.

Or maybe a giant smashed someone and caused the coins in his purse to become kinetic missiles, sticking into random animals across the realm.
That makes the most sense, one of those theories must be right.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: December 23, 2011, 04:57:15 pm »

But, they'll be especially profitable if you finish a certain thing. If you finish it and start looting urns, expect gems flowing out of your ears.

I never picked up the one in Elenwen's solar. Does that mean if I picked any others up the quest would be uncompletable?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 896