Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558368 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4440 on: January 12, 2012, 11:27:19 pm »

I'm fine with them. After running through countless Oblivion dungeons, Skyrim's look like they were made by van gogh.

The dungeons are fine, but the enemies are not. We need modders to add new monsters... we need the CK out now! T_T

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: January 13, 2012, 05:56:08 am »

Yeah, there really could have been some randrom factors in enemie creation, even without adding any new ones, I could imagine using a bunch of variables (block amount/attack amount/skill/fighting distance/pets?) could create situations where you walk into the same room, but

#Once there is a guy that will be in your face and block everything, with his buddy running in, hitting you and running out and a 3rd only attacking when you attack any of his buddys...

#Next time you have two "beastmasters" with light weapons/armor that both have a pet (wolf/dog) and a caster that supports his teammates (heal)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4442 on: January 13, 2012, 05:59:03 am »

Taking all bets for the release date of the Creation Kit. My money is on either the 31st of January, or delayed -_- I haven't played Skyrim since it got released, as I finished the main quest lines so am waiting for the CK and all associated "make it awesome-er" mods ^^
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:04:44 am by MorleyDev »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: January 13, 2012, 09:38:51 am »

Taking all bets for the release date of the Creation Kit. My money is on either the 31st of January, or delayed -_- I haven't played Skyrim since it got released, as I finished the main quest lines so am waiting for the CK and all associated "make it awesome-er" mods ^^
I think it will be delayed. Classic Bethesda.

They were serious with 11/11/11 as a release date. They couldn't delay it. Maybe it's why game feels unfinished in some ways. There are a lot of obvious bugs that a beta testing team can't miss.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #4444 on: January 13, 2012, 12:14:23 pm »

Yeah, but on the upside, this game will probably go from a 8/10 (or lower, depending on how highly you choose to value the importance of getting a difficulty curve correct) to a 10/10 once the CK is out. And for those of us who like modding, it adds a whole new dimension of fun.

I'm annoyed with Skyrim, but no more so than I expected. It's above par for Bethesda.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: January 13, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »

I'm annoyed with Skyrim, but no more so than I expected. It's above par for Bethesda.

This sums up my own thoughts on it as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: January 13, 2012, 03:27:27 pm »

This sums up my own thoughts on it as well.
...Mine as well.

Also,

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4447 on: January 13, 2012, 03:37:40 pm »

Challenge mode:

Level up mercantile, smithing, and alchemy first. Welcome to level 30 with no combat skills!

Well, that and admittedly legendary+++++ steel stuff...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: January 13, 2012, 06:44:04 pm »

Who needs combat skills when your space rending blade is coated with liquid oblivion that you can simply talk into jumping onto a target of your choice.

Also just reached Parhunaax, he's quite awesome, and he also made me reconsider the whole murder Alduin and eat his soul, actually he made me feel bad about even considering the whole thing :(

I really do hope there is an alternative to the whole thing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: January 13, 2012, 07:10:32 pm »

Understand that Parhunaax is like an angel and Alduin is like a demon. There's a major difference. Par wants to become wise, Alduin wants to om nom nom. Par helps those lower than him, Alduin uses what his father gave to him to oppress everyone. Alduin tried to kill you.

Well, at least, that's the limit of my knowledge. Did I get anything wrong?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: January 13, 2012, 07:21:00 pm »

Yes, but there is also that bit that Aengir says about the end of the world and how it's not neccessarily a bad thing, sure it's kind of bad for the current people and you but really, for something new like that to come into existance something old needs to give way.

Now that I've thought about it this is more than just similar to the norse Ragnarok, but that isn't really a bad thing since Ragnarok is pretty boss as a story.
AS - IG

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: January 13, 2012, 08:10:51 pm »

In my opinion, letting the current world get destroyed abruptly just so a new one can start is like killing an occupant of a house so someone else can move in. It... just doesn't sound like a good thing. If something new wants to come into existence, it would be better if it doesn't come by the death of the past.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: January 13, 2012, 08:24:08 pm »

Yes, but there is also that bit that Aengir says about the end of the world and how it's not neccessarily a bad thing, sure it's kind of bad for the current people and you but really, for something new like that to come into existance something old needs to give way.

Now that I've thought about it this is more than just similar to the norse Ragnarok, but that isn't really a bad thing since Ragnarok is pretty boss as a story.

If you play the main quest, your opinion will kind of move away from that idea >_>

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: January 13, 2012, 08:41:01 pm »

It would be a bad thing, but the world like it is now wouldn't really be missed in my opinion, sure it has some nice vistas and some good people but most of it is covered is so much crap you have to wonder if it's worth wading trough it all just to get to that little gem at the bottom.

And yeah, my opinion might change, but it's just that that talk hit me somewhat hard, heck, it even made me wish there were more conversation options, something along the lines of changing your mind and fighting the prophecy, but I guess that's a bit too much to ask for :/
AS - IG

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: January 13, 2012, 09:20:59 pm »

It would be a bad thing, but the world like it is now wouldn't really be missed in my opinion, sure it has some nice vistas and some good people but most of it is covered is so much crap you have to wonder if it's worth wading trough it all just to get to that little gem at the bottom.

And yeah, my opinion might change, but it's just that that talk hit me somewhat hard, heck, it even made me wish there were more conversation options, something along the lines of changing your mind and fighting the prophecy, but I guess that's a bit too much to ask for :/

Well, you could tab out of the conversation and walk away. That would probably work. >_>
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 896