Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558518 times)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4650 on: January 23, 2012, 10:49:54 am »

Oh my god. I found the Transmute spellbook.  :D :D :D My money problems are over!

Wait, Skyrim actually has money problems? I need whatever version you're playing...

Of course it has money problems! I have problems to find people rich enough to buy all the jewellery and gems I get as random loot all the time... It's gotten to the point where I just ignore gems and jewellery, since I don't want it cluttering up my inventory.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: January 23, 2012, 10:50:06 am »

That must be your half-brother...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4652 on: January 23, 2012, 11:21:40 am »

Having some fun with the placeatme command?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: January 23, 2012, 11:40:31 am »

Speaking of placeatme, I have yet to try spawning some million or so cheese (number is an exaggeration) in the jails of Whiterun.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4654 on: January 23, 2012, 11:54:12 am »

Speaking of placeatme, I have yet to try spawning some million or so cheese (number is an exaggeration) in the jails of Whiterun.
Spawn 10,000 gold coins in the middle of riften.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: January 23, 2012, 12:52:38 pm »

I have a pic of this exact same bug in my steam profile, except there are 2 1/2 of the weirdos staring at me, its not placeatme
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: January 23, 2012, 01:40:34 pm »

I still rembember the creator of Minecraft, Notch, being sued by Bethesda.

It's not just about Skyrim when it comes to dumbing down.

That was Besesda: The Publisher that sued him, Bethesda: The Developer had nothing to do with it. Executive Meddling at it's worst.

What's the 1993 example. System Shock? It looks like one of the later levels of Bioshock.
EDIT: Just realised you lifted the 2010 example straight from the Modern Warfare 3 design document. It's the first level, the bit where you fight Russians.

I took that image from an article actually.
http://www.gamermc.com/2011/11/01/console-gaming-is-being-dumbed-down/

Oh my god. I found the Transmute spellbook.  :D :D :D My money problems are over!

Wait, Skyrim actually has money problems? I need whatever version you're playing...

Of course it has money problems! I have problems to find people rich enough to buy all the jewellery and gems I get as random loot all the time... It's gotten to the point where I just ignore gems and jewellery, since I don't want it cluttering up my inventory.

Yeah, all these beggars out in the streets can be rich by looting sacks for gems.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4657 on: January 23, 2012, 02:27:33 pm »

The first mod I want to see is a thieves guild fence which you can leave your valuable items with and get paid over time rather than making rounds to every city just to sell some stuff.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: January 23, 2012, 02:29:37 pm »

Just go for the speech perk that lets you sell any item to any merchant. Then selling your stuff isn't a problem.

jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: January 23, 2012, 03:44:41 pm »

Just go for the speech perk that lets you sell any item to any merchant. Then selling your stuff isn't a problem.

Unless you do alot of alchemy.  God soooo many useless potions worth 100s of gold, I frequently clean out everybody at the thieves guild.

But yeah, money is just soooo damn pointless, I havent found anything besides houses (I only use 1, though ill buy em all to burn gold), ores/bars/leather for grinding smithing up to 100 and rarer alchemy ingredients, though more for something to buy than because they are useful.

I dont sell magic items now, I have a pile in the basement of my house in riften, its about knee high so far.

God I will be glad when this game gets modded to the edge of its existence so maybe there will be more interesting things to spend my cash on than 'generic sword of flame damage: medium strength'

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: January 23, 2012, 05:18:08 pm »

God I will be glad when this game gets modded to the edge of its existence so maybe there will be more interesting things to spend my cash on than 'generic sword of flame damage: medium strength'
I'm more interested in a mod that makes money difficult to earn. There was a mod like this in Morrowind and sometimes I ran out of money and had to walk rather than paying for boats and silt traders.

jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: January 23, 2012, 07:01:50 pm »

I'm more interested in a mod that makes money difficult to earn. There was a mod like this in Morrowind and sometimes I ran out of money and had to walk rather than paying for boats and silt traders.

Bigger problem for me is once you have a house there is really nothing you need money for, you never really need any items, besides maybe arrows early on in the game, a few bars of the oddball metals, alchemy stuff is really just for fun and you can find any magic gear you will ever need

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: January 23, 2012, 07:05:16 pm »

I use Cutthroat Merchants Very Hard. Along with my fav new mod Unlevelled World that de-levels the entire game plus Wars in SkyrimIV. Now THAT is one hell of a game. With Unlevelled World while heading to Riverwood for the first time you just might run into a Master Vampire or Necromage but if you manage to take them down you will be greatly rewarded(maybe). There is high level loot around but with the merchant mod gold actually means something. Need a potion of cure disease? Without good speechcraft your looking at 1000+ gold. You will not afford a house until around level 10 and that's with a slower level gain mod.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: January 23, 2012, 07:09:10 pm »

Opps. looks like I just quoted myself before even posting somehow  :o

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: January 23, 2012, 07:24:24 pm »

Anyone notice that when you let your little brother play, he accidentally saves over both of your level 30 characters?
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 896