Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558277 times)

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4680 on: January 24, 2012, 08:59:41 pm »

Just curious, what do most people use as their graphics enhancer/enb/fxaa? Because Confident ENB the most downloaded one on the nexus looks horrible in game to me, am I the only one?? The colors are ghastly in it I think..

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: January 24, 2012, 09:03:14 pm »

The advanced shaders you have to fiddle with to make things look alright. I just use some bumpmaps that are more pronounced to make some textures less flat and something that makes nights brighter.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: January 24, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »

the only thing I use is some mod that makes ores brighter. Other than that I just run it maxed out and it looks fine to me.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: January 24, 2012, 09:22:27 pm »

the only thing I use is some mod that makes ores brighter. Other than that I just run it maxed out and it looks fine to me.

Wow, you are missing out on so much my friend! I couldn't imagine playing it vanilla, the enb series does absolute WONDERS for the game. You just need to find a good setting.

I like glowing ores too :)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: January 24, 2012, 09:41:53 pm »

The Mods I have installed are;

A Quality World Map - With Roads.
Categorized Favorites Menu.
SkyUI.
TESV Acceleration Layer.
Tytanis - The Ultimate Mod.
Wars in Skyrim IV - Dark Age.

Anyone have any other suggestions???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: January 24, 2012, 10:31:10 pm »

If you think WiS Dark Age is tough try UnLeveled World. All it does is completely de-level EVERYTHING in your world. Starting a new game with this + Wars in Skyrim is the most fun I've had in SKyrim by far. You should use cutthroat merchants mod very hard.esp though as all loot is unleveled too. This makes gold actually useful. At level 1 I am running into enemies that I didn't even know existed. It is pretty imbalanced obviously until the CK comes out but you can get a real great balance going using other mods.

Bleak Falls Barrow seems pretty much impossible at level 1 but it makes you change the way you play. I snuck my way through until I awoke about 3 Draugr Scourges, I killed 2 with a trap but then I saw the Deathlord so I made them eat my dust as I frantically opened the final door with the golden claw. I learned my word of power and had to fight something like 'Evil Wight Overlord' or something. It was epic but I was able to burn him down with a little help from some expert destruction robes I found before I was overran by draugr.

I grabbed the dragonstone, left the cave and finally caught my breath.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:32:48 pm by joey4track »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: January 24, 2012, 10:40:55 pm »

The Mods I have installed are;

A Quality World Map - With Roads.
Categorized Favorites Menu.
SkyUI.
TESV Acceleration Layer.
Tytanis - The Ultimate Mod.
Wars in Skyrim IV - Dark Age.

I installed:
Alchemy and enchanting table retex (v1)
Alternate SUn Glare (v1.1)
Balanced Magic (v1.30)
Better Rain (v8 final)
Breezehome Enchanting Table (v1.4)
Enhancd Blood Textures (v0.08)
Enhanced Night Skyrim - High Stars (v0.4)
Glaciers Retextured (v1.2)
Glowing Ore Veins (v2.0)
HD Furniture and barrels (final, includes bark)
HiRes Tree Stumps (v1.3)
Improved Dragon Textures (v1.0)
Nicer Snowflakes (Light, v1.0)
Realistic Smoke and Embers (v1.4)
Replacement Ivy (v1.0)
Rich Merchants (v1.01)
Realistic Water Textures (v1.9.5)
Serious HD Retexture Landscape Skyrim (v1.0)
Skyrim Flora Overhaul (v1.0.7)
SkyUI (v2.0)
Smooth Dragon Runes (v1.0)
TESV Acceleration Layer (v03)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: January 24, 2012, 10:41:46 pm »

If you think WiS Dark Age is tough try UnLeveled World. All it does is completely de-level EVERYTHING in your world. Starting a new game with this + Wars in Skyrim is the most fun I've had in SKyrim by far. You should use cutthroat merchants mod very hard.esp though as all loot is unleveled too. This makes gold actually useful. At level 1 I am running into enemies that I didn't even know existed. It is pretty imbalanced obviously until the CK comes out but you can get a real great balance going using other mods.

Bleak Falls Barrow seems pretty much impossible at level 1 but it makes you change the way you play. I snuck my way through until I awoke about 3 Draugr Scourges, I killed 2 with a trap but then I saw the Deathlord so I made them eat my dust as I frantically opened the final door with the golden claw. I learned my word of power and had to fight something like 'Evil Wight Overlord' or something. It was epic but I was able to burn him down with a little help from some expert destruction robes I found before I was overran by draugr.

I grabbed the dragonstone, left the cave and finally caught my breath.
Links to these mods would have been helpful...

--Mod List--
I can tell you have a great PC to run the game on, I can't sadly. So Graphics come last over gameplay, as it should be always...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: January 24, 2012, 10:49:37 pm »

--Mod List--
I can tell you have a great PC to run the game on, I can't sadly. So Graphics come last over gameplay, as it should be always...

:P

Well, among my list there's one for gameplay - Balanced Magic (v1.30). It's pretty good, makes my mage feel useful, and fight at level ground with melee/stealth fighters. It includes 3 options - allowing you to tailor how powerful magic will be.

There're 3 esp files (Novice/Adept/Master), that controls how fast your magicka regenerates in combat, how much extra magicka is used for dual-casting and how much more effective dual-casting is. Enemy mages are affected by the same parameters, so it's great.

You should read its readme for all the changes made.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: January 24, 2012, 11:03:55 pm »

Haha. Google is not your friend? Wow, kids are lazy these days..

Unlevelled World: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6206

Cutthroat Merchants: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2762

And for the best graphics you can get in Skyrim: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6578

just giving you a hard time
but seriously anyone on the dwarf fortress forum shouldn't be that helpless :)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: January 24, 2012, 11:06:57 pm »

Haha. Google is not your friend? Wow, kids are lazy these days..

Unlevelled World: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6206

Cutthroat Merchants: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2762

And for the best graphics you can get in Skyrim: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6578

just giving you a hard time
but seriously anyone on the dwarf fortress forum shouldn't be that helpless :)
Its less of the fact that Google not being my friend and more of a Courtesy Request of the poster. Generally you shouldn't mention something and leave the reader to go searching for that when you yourself would know how to find it quick...

EDIT:: Is that Unleveled World compatible with the most updated version of Skyrim at War???
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:10:35 pm by Neyvn »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: January 25, 2012, 12:47:54 am »

Its less of the fact that Google not being my friend and more of a Courtesy Request of the poster. Generally you shouldn't mention something and leave the reader to go searching for that when you yourself would know how to find it quick...

On the other hand, giving a LARGE list of links is very time consuming (do you keep a bookmark on every mod you install, or would you have to Google every single one and spend 15-30 minutes writing a forum post?)

It's understandable when you're referencing some article somewhere... but it's like, if you're asked your list of "favorite games" or "favorite movies" or "favorite songs", it shouldn't be a requisite to provide link for each one.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: January 25, 2012, 12:51:22 am »

Id almost be willing to go out on a limb and say that skyrim mods would almost warrant their own threads once the modtools have been out for a bit.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: January 25, 2012, 12:54:11 am »

I'm pretty sure every single mod gets their own thread auto-created.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: January 25, 2012, 01:09:34 am »

On the other hand, giving a LARGE list of links is very time consuming (do you keep a bookmark on every mod you install, or would you have to Google every single one and spend 15-30 minutes writing a forum post?)

It's understandable when you're referencing some article somewhere... but it's like, if you're asked your list of "favorite games" or "favorite movies" or "favorite songs", it shouldn't be a requisite to provide link for each one.
Would make sense if I was asking him to Link me to 10 or more mods which he randomly listed, but he made a larger mention of two mods. If I myself mentioned a single mod, I would link it as I have done a few pages ago when I found the Tytanis Mod. Mentioning something and saying, you should have a go of it and not linking it makes the reader less inclined to go get it. Doesn't show any support behind ones words...
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 896