Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550205 times)

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4710 on: January 25, 2012, 09:45:54 pm »

It's January 26 and still no CK  :-[

THIS. Can you imagine the game we would be playing today if it came out packaged with release?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: January 25, 2012, 09:57:40 pm »

The annoying thing for me is that I can't work out if Modmanager will update the mods for you or know...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: January 25, 2012, 10:13:23 pm »

The annoying thing for me is that I can't work out if Modmanager will update the mods for you or know...

No you just have to look over in the right column and if it says it's out of date you just click on it and the website will pop up of the selected mod and you can d/l from there.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: January 26, 2012, 12:46:39 am »

No you just have to look over in the right column and if it says it's out of date you just click on it and the website will pop up of the selected mod and you can d/l from there.
Thats what I mean, can't it be a click on here and I update it for you... T_T
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: January 26, 2012, 01:00:36 am »

Thats what I mean, can't it be a click on here and I update it for you... T_T

...it's one extra click

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: January 26, 2012, 06:34:08 am »

I take my concede defeat thing back. Mod manager is built for lazy people :P

THIS. Can you imagine the game we would be playing today if it came out packaged with release?

People would start working on a nude mod without even playing the game :D

But yeah, mods what make Bethesda games enjoyable. Without mods, Skyrim feels... kinda bland and empty.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: January 26, 2012, 07:04:11 am »

Buggy up the motherfucking ass jesus christ.

Wasn't this game a little rushed to get released on 11/11/11? I would hate to see what would happen if they didn't cut development on the CK.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: January 26, 2012, 07:12:31 am »

Wasn't this game a little rushed to get released on 11/11/11?

Exactly. Bethesda and their majestic 11/11/11... They couldn't delay it. Delaying it after talking on and on about their release date would mean a big prestige (which is nonexistent for Bethesda) hit. That's why Skyrim was shipped broken.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: January 26, 2012, 08:03:18 am »

Wasn't this game a little rushed to get released on 11/11/11?

Exactly. Bethesda and their majestic 11/11/11... They couldn't delay it. Delaying it after talking on and on about their release date would mean a big prestige (which is nonexistent for Bethesda) hit. That's why Skyrim was shipped broken.

Releasing broken games is like SOP these days isnt it?  Anybody at all shocked when a brand new game needs 3 patches to get it beyond bugsville?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: January 26, 2012, 08:55:54 am »

Releasing broken games is like SOP these days isnt it?  Anybody at all shocked when a brand new game needs 3 patches to get it beyond bugsville?

Compound this with the flurry of bundles, regular steam sales and an increasing choice of options for the average, savvy gamer, I wonder what effect this will have on the medium to long term in the sales of new units?

Could turn in to a real issue, which of course is likely to be pinned on piracy.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: January 26, 2012, 12:12:49 pm »

I would've gotten it on PC but my PC is weak and I am not rich.
Everybody!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: January 26, 2012, 04:58:42 pm »

I would've gotten it on PC but my PC is weak and I am not rich.
I have it on my PC and my PC isn't that expensive. When I tell people the specs of my Computer they look at me and go... HOW YOU STILL START UP!?!?!?! Then I go onto Battlefield3 to American Servers and have nearly 300ping and get a KDR of something like 1:1.4 on the best of days. And People look at me going... HOW YOU DO THIS SHIT!?!?!?!?!? Then I go and do some Skyrim and run it on the highest graphics I can (Vanilla Wise, haven't even started refining it with Mods) and enjoy it in all its grandeur and I hold my head high and say, "Its cause I am Aussie..."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: January 26, 2012, 05:04:47 pm »

oh you glorious aussie bastard...
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: January 26, 2012, 05:08:29 pm »

Skyrim really delivers visuals and performance on a low end rig. I'm constantly shocked how well it runs for people that don't have good machines.

BF3 on the other hand.....I had a decent machine for it,everything but the video card, and I couldn't play for more than 5 minutes before I'd get an OOM crash or something. It stuttered so bad even turning my mouse made the screen jerk. So kudos to you, for thumbing your nose at the hardware gods!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: January 26, 2012, 05:25:34 pm »

I know this is a little offtopic, but I'd rather not start a whole new topic - say I want to buy a meh computer that could run modern games at respectable FPS. What is the bare minimum I'll need to spend? Could I get anything useful with 500-600$?
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 896