Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558302 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4740 on: January 27, 2012, 01:18:41 pm »

Personally I like how this thread goes in circles.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: January 27, 2012, 01:25:20 pm »

I like morrowind it seems so much better with no limits old games are better then the new game for some reason.Get morrowind with alot of mods it will be awesome.  :D
Totally agreed. You actually have to USE your brain to play them. I mean, WTF? Using your brain while playing a video game? Forget it. After a couple of hours playing CoD with my friends I don't feel my brain for sometime. Older games show you that you don't need majestic graphics and shiny design to make an immersive game.

Skyrim feels immersive at some points but in the middle of that EPIC dragon battle I always have to do this.

-Bring it on, sucker!
*dragon removes %80 of my health*
-Uh, okay. Time for some restoration magic
*favorites menu pops up*
*scrolls around to find the spell*
-God... Where the fuck is it? Couldn't they alphabetize this shit?
*finds and casts restore help spell*
-Shit. Now I have to find where my weapons are.

It's not the graphics. It's gameplay AND not having a shitty UI.

Personally I like how this thread goes in circles.
Bash Skyrim > Talk about mods > Bash Bethesda > Talk about modern gaming. Repeat. Yeah me too :D

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4742 on: January 27, 2012, 01:56:55 pm »

More like Praise Skyrim > Except for this one tiny thing > Bash Skyrim > Bash Bethesda > Bash modern gaming > Praise Morrowind > Bash Skyrim some more > Praise mods > Except for those terrible mods > Say actually Skyrim's not that bad > Praise Skyrim
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: January 27, 2012, 02:03:48 pm »

You are playing on a console?? All beth games need to be modded and there are great UI mods out there. Most people use SkyUI I think, but actually prefer QD Inventory. Also Better Sorting and Categorized Favorites menu will fix those problems.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4744 on: January 27, 2012, 02:04:57 pm »

Just want to point out that I never said that.

Edit: Nevermind
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:30:33 pm by forsaken1111 »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: January 27, 2012, 03:52:37 pm »

-Bring it on, sucker!
*dragon removes %80 of my health*
-Uh, okay. Time for some restoration magic
*favorites menu pops up*
*scrolls around to find the spell*
-God... Where the fuck is it? Couldn't they alphabetize this shit?
*finds and casts restore help spell*
-Shit. Now I have to find where my weapons are.
These two mods I have found to be useful if you hate the UI.
There is SkyUI - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863
And Categorized Favorites Menu - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4862
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: January 27, 2012, 04:58:53 pm »

If your playing on the PC version, you can favorite spells and items and then assign hotkeys to them.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: January 27, 2012, 05:25:47 pm »

I know about the mods. I just want Bethesda to stop making us go "meh, mods will fix it" and make better games in the first place. Do I ask too much? :'(

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: January 27, 2012, 06:02:23 pm »

Yes. It's too much effortz.

More seriously, no. They should put more effort into actually making a game that's good from the start. A game that you can play vanilla and still enjoy.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: January 27, 2012, 06:10:21 pm »

I can enjoy it. I just can't enjoy all of it. And when they make this massive freaking game that implies 100+ hours of enjoyment...yeah, that rankles a bit.

Skyrim & Bethesda: Give your artists and engine coders a raise. Fire your game devs.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: January 27, 2012, 06:16:37 pm »

So, is it too early to wonder where the next game is going to be set? I'm thinking either Black Marsh or Valenwood, or maybe the Summerset Isles. Or maybe even.... Akavir?? nah probably not Akavir

Come to think of it, are there any rough guesses as to when it's coming out?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4751 on: January 27, 2012, 06:17:15 pm »

Well some of the things I want "fixed", I'll grant are because I want a more "hardcore" experience. It's inevitable they can't please anybody. Release the most impossible-to-complete game ever, make modding possible and you'll still see mods making it more difficult. I don't like the levelling because I don't want to be able to go anywhere, do anything. I want to be able to try and go anywhere and do anything, only to find myself slaughtered by angry vampires for my hubris.

As for where the next one will be, usually they have "hints" as to the planned plot for the next game but we may have to wait for the expansion for that. Tribunal had a cult that believed Daedra were going to invade, and were committing suicide to try and convince the ancestors to help or something. Skip forward 6 years, Daedra invade.

Oblivion had a mad wood elf who ranted about an invasion of Dragons. People thought he meant Akavir and it's dragon people, but it seems he was being a bit more literal xD
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:20:55 pm by MorleyDev »

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: January 27, 2012, 06:54:02 pm »

So, is it too early to wonder where the next game is going to be set? I'm thinking either Black Marsh or Valenwood, or maybe the Summerset Isles. Or maybe even.... Akavir?? nah probably not Akavir

Come to think of it, are there any rough guesses as to when it's coming out?

Personally, I'm hoping for Black Marsh, simply because it sounds so alien, I always wonder why they stick the games in the most normal human-occupied provinces when they have awesome imaginative places they could set them in. I always place great importance on the worldbuilding in these kinds of games, and that, sadly, have been quite lacking since after Morrowind.

As for when it's coming out: 14/14/14. No, wait...

Anyway, maybe it's for the best that they're running out of that kind of dates this December.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: January 27, 2012, 07:22:37 pm »

If they aren't going to redo any areas, likely some of the Dominion-controled or allied-to-Dominion areas.

If they are going to redo areas, the Cyrodiill-Valenwood-Elsweyr doesn't sound like a bad choice to me since, well, it's going to be a gigantic warzone between two giant powers. Can't go wrong with gigantic warzones, right?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: January 27, 2012, 08:52:05 pm »

...I always wonder why they stick the games in the most normal human-occupied provinces when they have awesome imaginative places they could set them in.

Or retcon provinces to move towards generic European fantasy. I'm looking at you, Cyrodiil.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 896