Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558925 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5055 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:47 am »

If your finding money worthless. get the cutthroat merchents mod and set it to very hard. Even Ebony weapons and amour sells for like 50-90g. And cost 10000+ to buy. Suddenly crafting 1000 iron daggers wont make you the richest person in skyrim when they only sell for 2g each...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5056 on: February 11, 2012, 06:12:36 am »

Okay, where do you all get all this moneys? When I was playing the game, I'd sell damn near everything and even at level 40 I had like 500g. Every time I get more than that, I see something shiny and buy it and am back to square one...

I'm really good at managing my money in real life, I guess it seems suiting that in a video game I absolutely suck at it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: February 11, 2012, 06:16:15 am »

Most people who complain about money are the same people who spent hours making iron daggers and enchanting them to grind enchanting and smithing.
*Hugs*

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: February 11, 2012, 08:50:28 am »

Most people who complain about money are the same people who spent hours making iron daggers and enchanting them to grind enchanting and smithing.

or just crafted all the gems into jewelry and sold that, never crafted a dagger, never enchanted, had 150000 gold by lvl 50.  Again the biggest problem is I never found anything worth spending money on besides houses and a bit of training
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: February 11, 2012, 09:13:48 am »

Only sold what I looted from dungeons, and I never run out of money.
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: February 11, 2012, 09:15:26 am »

I spend quite a bit of money on things like alchemy ingredients and cooking supplies, as well as keeping my companions kitted out in good gear.
*Hugs*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: February 11, 2012, 09:30:17 am »

I have hundreds if not thousands of ingredients (though I hardly ever make any potions myself, as you find and abundance of those as well) stored in my houses, and my companions armoured with loot from my enemies ;)
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: February 11, 2012, 09:33:37 am »

Ew, I wouldn't make them wear the tatty crap bandits were using, that's just gross. And I genereally leave potions I find in ancient tombs and such, they could be poisonous by this stage.
*Hugs*

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: February 11, 2012, 10:02:19 am »

Ew, I wouldn't make them wear the tatty crap bandits were using, that's just gross. And I genereally leave potions I find in ancient tombs and such, they could be poisonous by this stage.
Actually, that wouldn't be a terible mod.

Some potions have a tiny chance of being a poison of the same type, and that chance is made larger if you found it in a tomb or somewhere where the potion would reasonably be quite old.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: February 11, 2012, 10:04:13 am »

I just use my will to RP for such things, I need no gameplay incentive.
*Hugs*

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: February 11, 2012, 10:06:36 am »

Actually, that wouldn't be a terible mod.

Some potions have a tiny chance of being a poison of the same type, and that chance is made larger if you found it in a tomb or somewhere where the potion would reasonably be quite old.
Yeah, no idea how my no-magic-type character can figure out every potion by just looking at it.

I just use my will to RP for such things, I need no gameplay incentive.
You can impose restrictions for yourself but wouldn't it be better to have mods for such things?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: February 11, 2012, 10:18:21 am »

I have it for xbox, so no mods anyway. But not really, I have just as much fun with self imposed restrictions as I would with gameplay enforced ones.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: February 11, 2012, 10:19:21 am »

Like Dwarf Fortress :P

I think a lot of us are just adverse to buying things. Some enchanted weapon in a store with an effect I have not found? Hrm, I could probably eventually find it anyway in dungeons perhaps, I'll skip it. Alchemy ingredients I don't have too much of? I can harvest those despite the harvest locations being out of my way, no sell. Spell books? Wear +Speechcraft amulets and drink +30% better price potions gotta get the BEST deals.

This isn't that intense of a game chill out we ain't in some backwoods hellhole like Vvardenfell. Or some metropolis hellhole like Cyrodiil
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: February 11, 2012, 10:31:01 am »

Like Dwarf Fortress :P

I think a lot of us are just adverse to buying things. Some enchanted weapon in a store with an effect I have not found? Hrm, I could probably eventually find it anyway in dungeons perhaps, I'll skip it. Alchemy ingredients I don't have too much of? I can harvest those despite the harvest locations being out of my way, no sell. Spell books? Wear +Speechcraft amulets and drink +30% better price potions gotta get the BEST deals.

This isn't that intense of a game chill out we ain't in some backwoods hellhole like Vvardenfell. Or some metropolis hellhole like Cyrodiil
We're in a frozen Hellhole, Skyrim.

So where's the next game gonna take place, you think?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: February 11, 2012, 10:32:16 am »

Either the swampy hellhole of Black Marsh, the desert hellhole of Hammerfell or the elf hellhole of Summerset
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 896