Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559145 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5115 on: February 12, 2012, 03:47:17 am »

Hehehehe. I'm sure they were dispatched in short order.
Nope, there was a Pile up as the First cart hit the gate which didn't open cause it wasn't part of the script and the player cart then went straight into and then under the first, the mages then lit everyone on fire. I started again, and this time an Elk ran between the Player cart and Hadanvar behind us (spelling of name) moments later another mage popped out and attacked him leaving him behind, the plot decided to skip a few lines, Tullious decided to get off his horse at the gate instead of going in to talk to that Elves and then the Carts decided that through the buildings was the way down. This we once again piled up...

Currently having a slight problem where the actors ain't doing their cues. Like at first it was the second dragon roar after the stormcloak got his head cut off, the second was the crys of anger about the head cutting...

I picked up which one was the one that stuffed up the Intro at first, not sure about this one though...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: February 12, 2012, 04:39:27 am »

Wow, umm... talk about a broken intro.

Try using some Disable console commands, disabling anything who gets in your way. Hopefully no-one essential to the intro needs to be disabled.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: February 12, 2012, 05:10:36 am »

Yeah intro is compleatly broken. If anyone is thinking about using the More NPCs in the Wild mod. Do not start a new game with it. Corrupts your game files, currently verifying cache to see if that fixes it.
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: February 12, 2012, 05:30:56 am »

Hehehehe. I'm sure they were dispatched in short order.
Nope, there was a Pile up as the First cart hit the gate which didn't open cause it wasn't part of the script and the player cart then went straight into and then under the first, the mages then lit everyone on fire. I started again, and this time an Elk ran between the Player cart and Hadanvar behind us (spelling of name) moments later another mage popped out and attacked him leaving him behind, the plot decided to skip a few lines, Tullious decided to get off his horse at the gate instead of going in to talk to that Elves and then the Carts decided that through the buildings was the way down. This we once again piled up...

Currently having a slight problem where the actors ain't doing their cues. Like at first it was the second dragon roar after the stormcloak got his head cut off, the second was the crys of anger about the head cutting...

I picked up which one was the one that stuffed up the Intro at first, not sure about this one though...

My friend tried to start the game for 3 times but in all of them something happened and he couldn't start. He got angry with the game gave up. I feel bad for recommending him this game :D

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: February 12, 2012, 05:33:12 am »

If its PC and on Steam have him verify the files, Right click Game -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity.
It could be that he didn't download it properly...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: February 12, 2012, 06:23:14 am »

If its PC and on Steam have him verify the files, Right click Game -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity.
It could be that he didn't download it properly...
He sends his thanks. Even though he didn't seem like he was going to try that :D

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5121 on: February 12, 2012, 06:30:55 pm »

Looks like someone found a way to let you block with dual-wielding. That's pretty cool.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1347156-relz-dual-wield-parrying/
If you're in the CK, in the top menu bar go to Gameplay --> Animations, which will open a new window.
This window seems to control all kinds of ''actions'' or ''animation events'' or something like that, where you have to collapse the Actors\Character...\ tree to see the player/NPC animations. There I pointed DualWieldPowerAttack found under ActionDualAttack to send a ''blockStart'' event instead of whatever event it sends by default, and I think some animation under ActionDualPowerAttack points to a ''blockStop'' event. Not 100% sure on the details, but you can check it yourself by opening the CK

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: February 12, 2012, 06:37:37 pm »

Neat. I've got a Mage-ish character with Midas Magic installed, but have to revisit a dual wielding sneaky type to try that out when they don't take away my beloved dual wield power attack.

Speaking of Midas Magic, anyone else tried it yet? Its more or less a port by the same guy who did it in Oblivion, but it adds such a nice variety of spells to the game. Sure missed my portable chest; now I have the ability to summon a door to a (pocket dimension?) house! As well as summon a baby dragon, and use a Jedi force push while healing some Draugr to death.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: February 12, 2012, 06:42:59 pm »

Quick question to anyone: With the CK out, I'll bet that a lot of mods are going to come out soon. Thing is, when I start a character I don't want to add any new mods after I start lest something breaks or I miss out some early-game new-mod stuff. So how long should I wait before trying Skyrim again?

I'm pretty sure that I'll decide for myself, but I might as well get the opinion of everyone else.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: February 12, 2012, 06:57:22 pm »

Anywhere from a week to a month before the heavy duty mods start churning out... if not longer. People are still experimenting with whats possible in the "new" CK, and there won't be any real polished mods for a while.

But when that time comes, it will rain sweetrolls from the sky.

Edit: Just got an idea for a new spell.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:08:06 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: February 12, 2012, 07:31:24 pm »

It wouldn't be too hard to make a spell that rains X from the sky...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: February 12, 2012, 07:33:54 pm »

But when that time comes, it will rain sweetrolls from the sky.

Edit: Just got an idea for a new spell.
Don't. People have already done sweetroll spells to death.

Make a sweetroll golem.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: February 12, 2012, 07:35:57 pm »

So do daggers get a major crit and insta kill bonus or are they largely for show? Because I have noticed it quite a lot easier to get insta kills with a dagger but they have really weak damage normally. For that matter, if I'm playing a stealth character should I have any followers. I picked up Sven in literally the first 10 minutes of the game, expecting him to die as fast if not faster. Turns out he made it through the dragon fight and is going to make it to the bards college.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #5128 on: February 12, 2012, 07:37:28 pm »

Daggers can be crazy deadly. They get a sneak perk that makes them do x15 damage for a sneak attack, which can be boosted to x30 with the Dark Brotherhood gloves.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: February 12, 2012, 08:16:00 pm »

Daggers are indeed pretty much around for insane sneak attacks. Their increased attack speed doesn't really make up for the lower damage.

Followers are also an odd thing to have depending on your playstyle. Sword and Boarders and magic users can probably use them the best, but sneaky and ranged guys suffer from their... quirks. Or just park them outside a dungeon and have them there to carry whatever loot you find.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 896