Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558728 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5235 on: February 17, 2012, 02:39:26 am »

Neyvn, you realise you are telling us "don't complain about the quests or storylines, you can add random encounters (even if they don't fit the area) to the countryside and make the game harder!", right?
Kinda, I was just hyped up after the big fight and saw just complaints that the game sucks. Its storylines do I will admit, but you don't need to play just them, the reason why most players go straight for the quest lines is CAUSE there is little else to do. Plus last I checked there are a few mods out there that do make these storylines a little more, better...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: February 17, 2012, 02:41:57 am »

Kinda, I was just hyped up after the big fight and saw just complaints that the game sucks. Its storylines do I will admit, but you don't need to play just them, the reason why most players go straight for the quest lines is CAUSE there is little else to do.
I... I'm sure it's not your intention, but it almost sounds as if you're agreeing with us and saying the game sucks even further for another reason.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: February 17, 2012, 04:10:08 am »

Let's take "it doesn't matter if the vanilla sucks, there are mods" to the extreme:

TES:VI - An orc guarding a chest inside a 5x5 room. The end. CK released a bit later than the game.

... no, that's absolutely not okay in my book. Beth needs to straighten out its storytelling.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: February 17, 2012, 04:19:36 am »

Especially since there are PS3 and 360 versions. Mods are literally not an option for them.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: February 17, 2012, 05:19:30 am »

Well regardless I am still having fun finding mods that work well together and enhance Skyrim for the better. But I generally stay away from quests until I really need them or someone makes a mod that fixes them...

Talking bout Mods. Gonna work out how to use the CK so I can make two mods I think would help. A Bounty Hunter mod where you get paid for taking down bandits and the like in a more open world way (no quest to activate.) And a mod that strenghtens and increases the amount of city guards there are. Just felt that the towns and citiea are really lacking true defense when three bandits can kill a few guards cause his allies cant see the fights or he is all alone...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: February 17, 2012, 05:23:50 am »

Especially since there are PS3 and 360 versions. Mods are literally not an option for them.
TES games have always been built for the PC. Consoles were a secondary thing. Bethesda was just trying to get more money by making it more console-focused.

I'm pretty sure even Bethesda had the "meh, mods will fix it." idea too.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: February 17, 2012, 07:07:52 am »

A Bounty Hunter mod where you get paid for taking down bandits and the like in a more open world way (no quest to activate.)

During the Companion quest line, you can talk to one of the Companions for such a quest: a randomly generated criminal had escaped, and you are to track him down and kill him. The criminal moves around on the world map (for great distances), and you get a quest marker to his whereabouts, so you can chase him down.

Perhaps you can take a look at how Beth did that and improve it...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: February 17, 2012, 07:12:42 am »

Let's sum up the entire Companions questline shall we.

Companions: Oh hey, only incredibly trusted members get to become a circle member.

Player: Well I just kicked the shit out of a defenseless old woman for you...

Companions: Welcome into the circle :D Now drink this skanky blood and we'll set you loose on the innocent civilians wandering around Whiterun.

Player: I thought you were like, honourable and shit.

Companions: We are! Now we're going to spend all our time hunting Silver Hand members while dragons ravage the countryside and slaughter literally a few people.
*Hugs*

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5243 on: February 17, 2012, 11:06:43 am »

I really wish I could join the Silver Hand instead.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: February 17, 2012, 12:26:07 pm »

Let's sum up the entire Companions questline shall we.

Companions: Oh hey, only incredibly trusted members get to become a circle member.

Player: Well I just kicked the shit out of a defenseless old woman for you...

Companions: Welcome into the circle :D Now drink this skanky blood and we'll set you loose on the innocent civilians wandering around Whiterun.

Player: I thought you were like, honourable and shit.

Companions: We are! Now we're going to spend all our time hunting Silver Hand members while dragons ravage the countryside and slaughter literally a few people.

That seems morally justified to me :)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: February 17, 2012, 01:45:25 pm »

Personally, the Silver Hand immediately struck me as the gooder guys. But of course not, they hunt werewolves (who are actually innocent wittle puppies. No really, they just want to play!) and the guys we're supposed to sympathise with are werewolves, so of course they've got to be EVILS!
Love, scriver~

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5246 on: February 17, 2012, 01:55:23 pm »

It's a shame, they bring up a good moral question with Paarthanax and could have kept that theme going with the Companions.

"No day goes by where I am not tempted to return to my inborn nature. Honour fights the touch of power. What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

What is better: To allow the existence of those with evil urges who put them to good ends but forever walk the edges of the abyss, always at risk of falling into the darkness and causing great harm, or to remove those people from the world, preventing the harm but also the good they may do? If the writing wasn't so clearly rushed beyond competence for the factions, this could of been really interesting.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:03:44 pm by MorleyDev »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: February 17, 2012, 02:05:25 pm »

I think the Falkreath quest with their werewolf was handled a bit better in that respect. He straight up killed a kid because he could not control his beastly urges. It was a curse he never wanted. Eventually the Dragonborn is left with the choice to either hunt the guy to keep him from harming more people or let him live in solitude(Not the city) in a grotto.

I kinda dig quests that have ambiguous ends. Like the Redguard quest from Whiterun. I really dug that one because you never find out which side is right.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5248 on: February 17, 2012, 02:17:18 pm »

You know, when I think about it the Dovahkiin having more control over his Werewolf form than it seems most other werewolves do kinda makes sense. It's practically stated the Dovahkiin feels the urge literally from his very soul to dominate and control everyone around him. Now, the game doesn't give you that option despite conquering all of Skyrim and starting your own Empire (with blackjack and hookers) would be kinda neat but oh well. So the Dovahkiin clearly has some pretty damn awesome willpower.

They probably don't even notice the whole "KILL FEED KILL" Hircine is throwing at them behind the usual "KILL DOMINATE KILL" they feel every single day...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: February 17, 2012, 02:31:43 pm »

Werewolves doesn't make sense in this game anyway. You can decide when to turn.

What happened to the good ol' full moon thing? That was a classic.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 896