Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558399 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5295 on: February 18, 2012, 05:32:34 am »

I always thought the Dibella Temple quest really creepy from that perspective. Getting a child and basically selling her off to be a sex slave for the rest of her life? No thanks, I think I'll pass.

I don't recall paying the father... IIRC he said it's such a privilege he'd be happy to let her go with you, it's just unfortunate that she got kidnapped first.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: February 18, 2012, 05:55:30 am »

There is a quest which you need to find proof about a woman who worships Dibella frequently, with three different male fellow worshippers. I would let her worship in peace if there was an option to do that. I love religious people :P

By the way, is it just me or male Argonian voice sounds very charismatic? It doesn't sound reptilian one bit. I don't know how a reptilian humanoid would sound like though.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: February 18, 2012, 06:22:36 am »

There is a quest which you need to find proof about a woman who worships Dibella frequently, with three different male fellow worshippers. I would let her worship in peace if there was an option to do that. I love religious people :P

Her Dibella statue seems to be a special one too. Others are pure golden, hers has ivory parts. Too bad it seems to be very light - won't stay still in my home.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: February 18, 2012, 07:06:43 am »

I don't recall paying the father... IIRC he said it's such a privilege he'd be happy to let her go with you, it's just unfortunate that she got kidnapped first.

He don't get paid, you do.
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: February 18, 2012, 07:10:00 am »

I always thought the Dibella Temple quest really creepy from that perspective. Getting a child and basically selling her off to be a sex slave for the rest of her life? No thanks, I think I'll pass.
I love how this is apparently worse than the mass murder you regularly commit in the game :P
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: February 18, 2012, 07:14:24 am »

I love how this is apparently worse than the mass murder you regularly commit in the game :P
Think of the children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

On a more serious note, to be fair, most of the people you kill likely are trying to kill you, so it's self defense.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: February 18, 2012, 07:17:20 am »

I am fine with nudity in games, so long as it represents realism, in Daggerfall I think it was done quite well.
Why are you guys complaining about Skyrim mods? Look at TesNexus
Oblivion is MUCH worse!!!

Skyrim is far too dumbed-down and easy, the body-part hit detection should still be intact from fallout, if you use the CK you will see TONNES of Fallout leftovers, you can even make muzzle flashes with missile weapons!

I also see MANY VATS leftovers, I am lead to believe that the finisher system uses VATS as a base, it even sounds like it uses the same slo-mo sound tech!
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: February 18, 2012, 07:31:16 am »

I am fine with nudity in games, so long as it represents realism, in Daggerfall I think it was done quite well.
Why are you guys complaining about Skyrim mods? Look at TesNexus
Oblivion is MUCH worse!!!

Skyrim is far too dumbed-down and easy, the body-part hit detection should still be intact from fallout, if you use the CK you will see TONNES of Fallout leftovers, you can even make muzzle flashes with missile weapons!

I also see MANY VATS leftovers, I am lead to believe that the finisher system uses VATS as a base, it even sounds like it uses the same slo-mo sound tech!

Skyrim with VATS. Good or bad?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: February 18, 2012, 07:50:14 am »

Potentially awesome, but horribly biased towards the player.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5304 on: February 18, 2012, 08:01:38 am »

I'm guessing they didn't bother to remove any of the Fallout leftovers because this code base is going to go towards Fallout 4.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: February 18, 2012, 10:29:28 am »

You know what would be another useful mod...
One that makes Villager and Farmers of such realize that they are Villagers not Warriors and RUN AWAY FROM THE BANDITS CARRYING BIG SHARP SWORDS WHILE THEY ONLY HAVE A DINKY DAGGER AND NO FUCKING ARMOUR!!!

Gah...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: February 18, 2012, 10:39:06 am »

But the villagers have right to think that, most of them are invincible.
*Hugs*

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: February 18, 2012, 12:38:25 pm »

About fallout leftovers, these kill move animations seem so sloppy. It's so zoomed in, I can't see anything. Also it's so fast, I don't understand what's happening. It's like they did it for the sake of doing it.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: February 18, 2012, 04:04:33 pm »

Considering there were references to Alteration and Illusion magic in the New Vegas GECK, I'm not surprised to see scraps of VATS. It just keeps getting built upon until they scrap a large portion and rewrite it... but I think they are going to reach a point where they can't maintain it easily anymore.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: February 18, 2012, 05:40:26 pm »

The timing of the animations on sync kills has never looked right to me. It's trying to do this Matrix slow-time thing before speeding up, but the timing has always looked wrong, during both parts.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 896