Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558267 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6030 on: May 03, 2012, 04:49:28 pm »

Depends on whether you mean as in ruined for all future games, or just locally ruined within the game. Because with the time period I don't think I can see it giving much influence upon future games except in the occasional book and maybe a callback quest. Then again I'm rather new to the elder scrolls so maybe there's something I'm not aware of.
It's FEF, not FEOF

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: May 03, 2012, 04:57:37 pm »

*edit #2* Well, reading on, looking at some of the other screens, I am left speechless. How could someone miss the amrk on what makes ES, ES by so much. Microcline, you left out a lot of the worst stuff.

Like what? You scare me.

Vampires and Werewolves are NPC only, the plot consists of Molag Bal and Mannimarco going around stealing everyone's souls, which somehow means you can't die (the justification for player characters being able to keep coming back is that Molag Bal stoel their souls) All of the races are arbitrarily divided into three factions (particulalry noticable with the so called 'ebonheart pact' which consists of Dunmer, Nord, and Argonians-which have never gotten along in the lore previously) The combat system is turn based and completely removed from anything in the ES up to this point. Also, you are limited to three attacks per weapon. Lots of Gimmicky class-based abilities it seems, and there is no radient AI. Words cannot describe how bad the game looks, you will have to look up the pictures for yourself. This is in addition to all the stuff that Microcline got.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: May 03, 2012, 04:59:46 pm »

1, The ES history isn't exactly shrouded in mystery. They can't make up new things like this without massive and stupid retcons.

2, From what I've read, these people have absolutely no understanding of TES meta-physics at all and even what little we've been told of the plot doesn't make much sense at all.

So yeah, the only way it isn't going to wreck lore is if the main series completely disregards it. Then again after what Skyrim tried to pull there isn't much of the lore left unshredded, so I don't know why I care any more.
Love, scriver~

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: May 03, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »

Pretty much.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: May 03, 2012, 05:10:48 pm »

Excatly what I was thinking Scriver. First Oblivion, then Skyrim, now this. There isn't really any of the old Morrowind magic left for me, they might as well rename the series, because it couldn't be more removed from the old lore if it tried at this point. The Elder Scrolls name is all about brand name recognition now, slapped onto (some otherwise good) games that have nothing to do with what put the series on the map.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: May 03, 2012, 05:12:29 pm »

People raging scares me. I'll be over there hiding in the corner
It's FEF, not FEOF

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: May 03, 2012, 05:18:00 pm »

We're not raging, Furtuka, this is just bittering. No need to hide, but watch out for the saliva; sometimes there comes out a hint of acid with it ;)
Love, scriver~

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: May 03, 2012, 05:18:48 pm »

Excatly what I was thinking Scriver. First Oblivion, then Skyrim, now this. There isn't really any of the old Morrowind magic left for me, they might as well rename the series, because it couldn't be more removed from the old lore if it tried at this point. The Elder Scrolls name is all about brand name recognition now, slapped onto (some otherwise good) games that have nothing to do with what put the series on the map.

At least we got this gift from MK on Tuesday
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: May 03, 2012, 05:19:33 pm »

What is that?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: May 03, 2012, 05:20:35 pm »

What is that?

Nerevar's betrayal.

cameron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: May 03, 2012, 05:48:32 pm »

has anyone found any weapon/armour degradation mods for skyrim?

all I have been able to find are people raging about bethesda taking it out and how modders will put it back as soon as the CK comes out

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: May 03, 2012, 06:39:35 pm »

Whaaat, why would you want to put that pointless chore back in? I for one am very happy that it's finally gone. There was a point to it back in Daggerfall when broken items would be lost forever and breaking an enchanted item would release the soul of whatever you used to enchant it (i.e. spawn the creature right next to you, hostile). Its implementation since then was just a needless annoyance.

cameron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: May 03, 2012, 07:54:43 pm »

I wouldn't particularly care about being able to repair but I get bored with having really nice gear all the time and it feels silly to just throw it away for that reason

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: May 04, 2012, 03:15:56 pm »

..man, yah with the details leaked out of Game Informer ESO looks so god damn generic, ignore anything I said.

Well, except the Hero Engine stuff, it's still not their fault SWTOR and ESO suck. That falls entirely on the game designers who insist on cloning every aspect of WoW. The Repopulation for instance uses the same engine but has more in common with SW Galaxies than SWTOR.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: May 04, 2012, 03:40:10 pm »

At least we got this gift from MK on Tuesday
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heh, vivec is a douche. really, everyone but dagoth ur was a douche. dagoth ur was bro tier
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 896