Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558403 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6165 on: June 01, 2012, 08:41:48 am »

Wait free new features? I must say I didnt expect this. Perhaps this is their way to fix their image after horse armor.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: June 01, 2012, 08:45:06 am »

Where the hell did you get the idea that it's free? Unless $20 is what you consider free. Also, yeah, crossbows are back, which is nice for a change, considering that Skyrims array of weapons was.. lacking?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #6167 on: June 01, 2012, 08:49:34 am »

Wasnt horseback combat in a patch? Or is it in the dlc?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: June 01, 2012, 08:49:46 am »

They probably got that idea from you.

Yes, horseback combat is in the patch, not the DLC.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: June 01, 2012, 09:15:05 am »

Skyrims array of weapons

What array of weapons?  :o
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: June 01, 2012, 09:30:52 am »

Where the hell did you get the idea that it's free? Unless $20 is what you consider free. Also, yeah, crossbows are back, which is nice for a change, considering that Skyrims array of weapons was.. lacking?

Was it Morrowind that had crossbows that you had to "pull" like a bow, instead of the other way around (shooting instantly, THEN winding)?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: June 01, 2012, 10:31:42 am »

@Sergius: I know you could hold down the fire button to put off the shot. I'm not sure whether that increased the power of the shot from a crossbow though. I rarely used bows/crossbows in Morrowind aside from the novelty value.

@DLC trailer: A new type of vampire? Looks interesting and it reminds me of a strigoi. I know in one of the books it mentioned vampires in Skyrim that could pull people through the ice of lakes.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: June 01, 2012, 10:59:37 am »

Yeah, crossbows in Morrowind were just bows with a flat damage rate so you didn't benefit from "drawing" them.

Is it bad that the only thing that excites me about the prospect of Dawnguard (and later addons) is the modding potential? The more I play Skyrim, the more I'm reminded that while there were definite improvements made, Bethsoft are still in this weird limbo where they get most things somewhat right but nothing's truly exceptional. There was this kinda perverse draw to Oblivion because it was simply so broken and so unimmersive in places that I could - and would - play it like an arcade game. There's so much more effort put into Skyrim that I can't do that, but not enough effort to leave it feeling like a "proper" RPG. For all the attention to detail in the dungeon design and the random things hidden all over the map and such, the game feels like the sort of thing I'll run out of sooner rather than later; once I know all the gimmicks, there'll be nothing to draw me back. At least until the modding community gets further underway, but there isn't as much of an incentive to do that this time...

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #6173 on: June 01, 2012, 12:01:35 pm »

Crossbows, yay! Spears too? Please say Spears too...and throwing weapons...and spell making...

I am still very disappointed by the total lack of horses in Fallout: New Vegas.

I wanted the Khans to ride into the final battle, even if the player never could use a mount.

Horses in America went extinct after the whole nuclear apocalypse thing. The ones in All Roads are a continuity error.

Better reason than why they aren't in Morrowind, which was handwaved as the Vvardenfell locals deciding they were just too tasty and eating them all. Or maybe that's why they went extinct in America...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:03:29 pm by MorleyDev »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: June 01, 2012, 12:14:52 pm »

<OFF TOPIC>

I am still very disappointed by the total lack of horses in Fallout: New Vegas.

I wanted the Khans to ride into the final battle, even if the player never could use a mount.

Horses in America went extinct after the whole nuclear apocalypse thing. The ones in All Roads are a continuity error.

Better reason than why they aren't in Morrowind, which was handwaved as the Vvardenfell locals deciding they were just too tasty and eating them all. Or maybe that's why they went extinct in America...

I'm more disappointed we couldn't do anything with those intact motorcycles laying all over the wasteland. It would have made travelling faster and more interesting. Not to mention the fun you could have "motorcycle lancing" ala Mount and Blade.

As far as I know the Khans are meant to be a hybrid between the Mongol hordes and the motorcycle gang that shares it's name. Khans riding in on motorcycles dressed in Brahman leather jackets with a mixture of jerry-rigged melee and ranged weapons is my definition of cool.

</OFF TOPIC>

I haven't got the game yet since Bethesda does that stupid price region bullshit that means Skyrim is 90 USD in the Steam store for me, so I've been boycotting them. Besides I got enough of a back-log of games without spending 70 hours running around snowfields trying to find a quest or a dragon to pummel.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: June 01, 2012, 01:59:29 pm »

Finding dragons isn't exactly hard, there's about six billion of them wandering around.

* The Merchant Of Menace wonders if there's a volcano somewhere she could dump the 20000 dragon bones she has
*Hugs*

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: June 01, 2012, 02:13:38 pm »

Was it Morrowind that had crossbows that you had to "pull" like a bow, instead of the other way around (shooting instantly, THEN winding)?

I was talking about throwing knives, shurikens and the general diversity of weapons (instead of just swords, you also had katanas, dikatanas, sabers, cutlasses, for daggers you also had tantos). I'm not saying that Skyrim is shitty because it doesn't have them, but adding more could always improve it, in most cases it's not really difficult, like including more blade types, instead of just swords, adding foreign stuff like scimitars and katanas, who also had their quality ratings (not sure how to call it, but it's when you can have an iron, steel, glass, elven, daedric, etc. weapon.) It's not really much but it adds to the variety and to the whole world of the game. Obviously, a modder could do this, but none of them does. Again, I'm not bashing the game, I freaking love it, it's as close as it can get to Morrowind, because I guess streamlining is just something you can't avoid today.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: June 01, 2012, 04:23:32 pm »

* The Merchant Of Menace wonders if there's a volcano somewhere she could dump the 20000 dragon bones she has

Dump them in Radiant Raiment.  All 20000.  Until you(And they) can no longer walk in the store.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: June 01, 2012, 06:22:01 pm »

*sees dawngaurd trailer*

...... ;D.......

* sequels with joy*
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #6179 on: June 01, 2012, 08:40:18 pm »

*sees dawngaurd trailer*

...... ;D.......

* sequels with joy*

If you were hipster, you would prequel with joy, since then you'd be joyous beforehand instead of afterwards.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 896