Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558913 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6360 on: June 24, 2012, 12:40:15 pm »

If there was anything that made the quests not 'meh' then I'd be all 'PC skyrim rox'
Right. I Played a little when it came out but the quests was 'meh' or outright sucked. Fighting melee was nothing exiting, magic sucked and needing to browse menus every time i wanted to change spells broke the flow and was just plain tedious(I blame consoles) so i ended up hunting deers and looking at the scenery for a short while before forgetting all about it.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: June 24, 2012, 03:13:03 pm »

Played the Xbox version before PC, and found that the Xbox Skyrim was a lot more unstable than PC Skyrim.
On Xbox, I lost half hour chunks of progress to random lock-ups.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: June 24, 2012, 03:41:49 pm »

If there was anything that made the quests not 'meh' then I'd be all 'PC skyrim rox'
Right. I Played a little when it came out but the quests was 'meh' or outright sucked. Fighting melee was nothing exiting, magic sucked and needing to browse menus every time i wanted to change spells broke the flow and was just plain tedious(I blame consoles) so i ended up hunting deers and looking at the scenery for a short while before forgetting all about it.
Certain Melee mods will make combat more about blocking, counterattacking, and a bit more involved than just "spamming left click to stagger enemy."

Magic's not too bad either, if you Favorite some spells, pull up the Quick Slot button, mouse over them and then tap a number key. It'll work for weapons as well, but less browsing through menus.

Try SkyRe, made the game actually interesting
This actually looks pretty sexy. Combining Lockpicking and Pickpocketing, adding a way to level Vampirism, and making Speechcraft get levelled by shouting? "FUS ROH DISCOUNT!"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:44:43 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: June 24, 2012, 03:53:15 pm »

I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: June 24, 2012, 04:20:43 pm »

Try SkyRe, made the game actually interesting
This actually looks pretty sexy. Combining Lockpicking and Pickpocketing, adding a way to level Vampirism, and making Speechcraft get levelled by shouting? "FUS ROH DISCOUNT!"
The perk changes is rather good. I haven't tried vampire yet but it seems to suffer from occasional bugs.
The crafting has been evened out a little with some new stuff and speechcraft is useful

Conjuration is interesting but Skyrim AI is shit on pathfinding so its a pain.
Two handed is effective but boring.
Dual-wield don't work well.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: June 24, 2012, 11:41:56 pm »

Conjuration is interesting but Skyrim AI is shit on pathfinding so its a pain.
Two handed is effective but boring.
Dual-wield don't work well.
This about Vanilla or SkyRe?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: June 25, 2012, 01:06:01 am »

I found illusion magic (e.g. mind controlling bandits) fun for a time in vanilla.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6367 on: June 25, 2012, 04:27:06 am »

I found illusion magic (e.g. mind controlling bandits) fun for a time in vanilla.
Perhaps the most fun I had with a character was a fragile little conjuration prodigy. Never upgraded her health, so later on a single hit would kill her if she didn't hide behind her demora lords. >.>

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: June 25, 2012, 05:22:39 am »

Perhaps the most fun I had with a character was a fragile little conjuration prodigy. Never upgraded her health, so later on a single hit would kill her if she didn't hide behind her demora lords. >.>
I play a DestructoSummoner... Always...
Fun as hell and then sometimes I go in with Bound Weaponry for needed attacks when I am OoM
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: June 25, 2012, 10:37:47 am »

And now the fucking error 51 is back. I hope to Talos that whoever thought it was a good idea to make Steam force game-breaking updates is dying slowly right now.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: June 25, 2012, 04:10:12 pm »

Go to Steam.

Right click Skyrim.

Click updates tab.

Do not automatically update this game.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6371 on: June 25, 2012, 04:20:29 pm »

Go to Steam.

Right click Skyrim.

Click updates tab.

Unfortunately, Skyrim has a bad habit of ignoring that being set, seemingly at random.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: June 25, 2012, 05:08:35 pm »

Go to Steam.

Right click Skyrim.

Click updates tab.

Unfortunately, Skyrim has a bad habit of ignoring that being set, seemingly at random.

Ack, tell me about it! It's a pain in the ass.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: June 25, 2012, 10:05:09 pm »

I tried copying the Little Sister from Bioshock for my latest character.

This is the source I used: http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/1350/47214/bioshock2_little_sisters_001.jpg

And also a bit of: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4OYGjUrdllo/Sk2D-ZUXEFI/AAAAAAAAYSc/xtampgkwc1Q/s1600-h/littlesisterwallpaper.jpg

Keep in mind, she is very much a work in progress. I tried copying her the best I could, but my own touches to it as well. I still probably need to make changes.

The three outfits for her are great (in my opinion), but I want to try and add or find an outfit that more closely looks what the little sister wears in Bioshock. I also want a hair that is closer to the little sister's hair. The hair I chose currently is a lot better (for her) than what I used before, which made her forehead look too big. Which made her head look bigger than it is. This hair is a big improvement, but not really what I'm looking for. It is my 2nd choice really, if I can't find a hair that more resembles little sister. It is still a really nice hair style for her. Funny how hair can change so much of a character.

Clothing is another one. I need to find more clothing AND armor for her. It is really hard to find non-skimpy clothing on the Nexus. But, ah well. I did find two mods that added tasteful clothes and armor.

So...here are the screenshots.

Amy's adventuring outfit...she uses this while in the wilderness and delving into dungeons

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/102494

Amy in her formal wear, which is what she wears while in cities. She wears nothing of less quality

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/102497

Amy in her darker attire, which she uses to do nefarious deeds (Amy is an evil aligned character, often times disguised as good)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/102499

And a close up of Amy (maybe too close, but ah well)...this one was mostly done because the others were too dark. The atmosphere and feel of it is good, however. And should be able see all the details.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/102500

And here is my last screenshot for the next 24 or so hours. Again of Amy, a slight chance to mouth height and wearing the gold Fiona armor.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/102585
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:32:36 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6374 on: June 26, 2012, 05:33:03 am »

That's tasteful clothing? Or is that the least skimpy clothing available? Because little sisters didn't wear microskirts, I'm fairly sure I remember that.

Well done on the face though, a very close facsimile.
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 896