Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559040 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6390 on: June 26, 2012, 01:42:30 pm »

I remember running straight past the imp for the exit nearly every time in privateer's hold.

On the same topic, does anyone else finds the dungeons in Daggerfall terrifying?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: June 26, 2012, 02:01:31 pm »

I never finished Daggerfall. One of the quests in the main quest chain, something like halfway through the main quest chain, bugged out and reset my objectives for that particular quest to the beginning, with no way to progress because it didn't reset the conversation status of the NPCs (so there were ones that I had to talk to for the quest who would only talk to me once and no longer would, and then would have wanted me to pick up an item which no longer existed, etc).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: June 26, 2012, 02:09:49 pm »

Yeah, that's pretty normal.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6393 on: June 26, 2012, 02:50:27 pm »

On the same topic, does anyone else finds the dungeons in Daggerfall terrifying?
The dungeons in daggerfall were certainly interesting. Terrifying? No... there were times when I jumped. Now Oblivion and Skyrim have had me on the edge of my seat sometimes, especially with a mod to drop the lighting down to realistic levels (no sourceless ambient light, only light from light sources and torches) and one to add in random dungeon sounds so I no longer know skeletons are in the next room just because no other sound is playing. Now there are distant screams, skeleton sounds, rocks crumbling, etc depending on the dungeon as well as howling and whistling wind and other environmentals.

moogmg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: June 26, 2012, 02:55:34 pm »

the dungeons in daggerfall would be scary if they weren't so ridiculous with what enemies were placed in them.  In one one my dungeons there was a bear, humans of all sorts, demon imps, bats, rats,  and undead all working together in a fuck you adventurer alliance. 
Does anyone want to trade something for Terraria on steam? Will consider most non-indie bundle (except Bastion) game offers.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: June 26, 2012, 03:40:44 pm »

I'm made mods for Oblivion and Morrowind that make it so that torches and lights are not useless; realistic lighting. Been working on putting up paper lanterns in Balmora to make it so that you could see at night there (before hard drive died, anyway.) In vanilla, though, I don't remember being scared by any of the dungeons, except for a few of the sixth house bases in Morrowind (ash slaves appearing out of nowhere... eurgh.) I played a total conversion of Oblivion called Nehrim once, and even the freaking TUTORIAL dungeon made me sweat.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: June 26, 2012, 03:49:12 pm »

Obligatory mention of everburning candles, torches and lanterns conveniently left for the next graverobber to make use of a few hundred years later.
Speaking of which, Blackreach is the only dungeon in skyrim that i liked.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: June 26, 2012, 03:55:36 pm »

One time i turned lydia into a sweet roll using the wabbajack and a carried it around with me forever.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: June 26, 2012, 03:58:44 pm »

Obligatory mention of everburning candles, torches and lanterns conveniently left for the next graverobber to make use of a few hundred years later.
Speaking of which, Blackreach is the only dungeon in skyrim that i liked.
I love the dungeons of Skyrim. Sure, a lot of them feel the same, but a lot of them also have something unique and interesting. Blackreach might just be the best thing ever.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: June 26, 2012, 04:08:06 pm »

One time i turned lydia into a sweet roll using the wabbajack and a carried it around with me forever.
did you turn it back or eat it in the end?

I cant turn it back

and no still have it too.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: June 26, 2012, 04:49:06 pm »

I found a bunch of armor and clothing mods for my character, Amy. Most of the good stuff is off the nexus. Some of it is still a bit revealing, but its a lot better than most stuff I found.

I probably will need to find a different place to upload screenshots, however. Nexus tends to ban accounts/delete screenshots that have armor/clothing that got imported from other games, or if the original creator didn't want his mod up for public and lets Nexus know that it was used in a screenshot.

(edit)
For now, here is a screenshot I took last night and put on DeviantArt just now. That will probably be what I use for a screenshot site. Kind of a funny place to upload screenshots of games, but I got the idea as someone else uses DeviantArt for the same purposes. Think it was somewhere on this thread the guy posted about using DeviantArt for his screenshots.

http://fav.me/d553kqo
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 05:31:07 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6401 on: June 26, 2012, 05:41:27 pm »

I just use imgur

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: June 26, 2012, 05:58:29 pm »

Yeah, I think I'll stick with imgur. That is what most people use on another forum, too. That is a lot easier to manage.

I re-uploaded all the screenshots I've taken so far to there. I left out the adventuring outfit though, that one didn't really fit my character and I didn't really like it.

Amy - White dress
http://i.imgur.com/fKu1B.jpg

Amy - Dark Attire
http://i.imgur.com/PFzTu.jpg

Amy - Closeup (I have since tweaked the nose height and mouth)
http://i.imgur.com/iApfP.jpg

Amy - Conversing with a Noble
http://i.imgur.com/eMpa0.jpg

Amy - Gold attire
http://i.imgur.com/nH4A7.jpg
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: June 26, 2012, 06:27:05 pm »

Hey look a NON SEXED UP FEMALE CLOTHING OPTION!!!!
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19377
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: June 26, 2012, 06:27:49 pm »

-snip- I played a total conversion of Oblivion called Nehrim once, and even the freaking TUTORIAL dungeon made me sweat.

That Amnesia: The Dark Descent reminded me of that dungeon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 896