Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550035 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6450 on: June 29, 2012, 06:52:55 pm »

So why do you guys keep going on about it?
Also, I didn't make the 'joke', just pointed the reference out though it was unnecessary it seems.

Anyway, anyone know some mod that makes dungeon crawling actually worthwhile?
Even with SkyRe theres barely any point in going into the majority of the places as I can just craft better stuff than i'll ever find

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: June 29, 2012, 11:34:18 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDfxde8fSg&feature=relmfu

This is all that needs to be said about the "arrow to the knee" joke.

I need to play with SkyRe enabled, but I would feel bad about decompiling my current 30 something mods just to figure out what would and wouldn't be compatible. I don't know of anything that makes dungeon crawling worthwhile when compared to crafting, just because crafting is that overpowered when it comes down to it.

Plus, I recently re-picked up SPAZ and am suffering from an extreme addiction to it (again).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:38:43 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: June 29, 2012, 11:54:52 pm »

basically, if it changes perks or AI, probably not compatible. I don't think it makes substantive changes anywhere else.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: June 30, 2012, 02:52:39 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDfxde8fSg&feature=relmfu

This is all that needs to be said about the "arrow to the knee" joke.

Wow, that video actually manages to be more unfunny than the arrow to the knee joke...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: June 30, 2012, 04:16:19 am »

basically, if it changes perks or AI, probably not compatible. I don't think it makes substantive changes anywhere else.
That probably means Complete Crafting Overhaul, Hardcore and Rebalanced Experience, Smithing Perks Overhaul, ACE, and possibly Deadly Combat, Tougher Traps, and Advanced Kill Moves could be incompatible.

Well, time to play the game I've always played with Bethesda games on PC... spending more time getting mods to play nicely with each other than I do playing the game, half the time. I shudder a bit at how much time I spent doing that in Oblivion, but there seemed to be more to fix or add, or just toy around with. I'm looking at you, Midas Magic nuclear blast spell.

At least, when it does work, it is glorious.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: June 30, 2012, 08:08:27 pm »

So, I got myself a new computer that can run Skyrim pretty darned well, but there's one problem. After an hour or less of gameplay, it started to crash. Well, maybe crash isn't the word. It just closes. About every 5 minutes after I start playing, the game closes. It seems that a lot of other people are having this problem, and the cause of it seems to be the limited amount of RAM the game uses. Didn't Bethesda fix that? How am I to enjoy the game if I have to launch it again after making no progress at all? I'd like to actually make use of my beefy computer. How do you fix this?

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: June 30, 2012, 09:10:55 pm »

So, I got myself a new computer that can run Skyrim pretty darned well, but there's one problem. After an hour or less of gameplay, it started to crash. Well, maybe crash isn't the word. It just closes. About every 5 minutes after I start playing, the game closes. It seems that a lot of other people are having this problem, and the cause of it seems to be the limited amount of RAM the game uses. Didn't Bethesda fix that? How am I to enjoy the game if I have to launch it again after making no progress at all? I'd like to actually make use of my beefy computer. How do you fix this?

The RAM thing was fixed.
You have it on Steam? Try forcing an update.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: June 30, 2012, 09:22:50 pm »

I hear the new Dawnguard DLC is liked more than any previous DLC. Anybody here play on console and checked it out?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: June 30, 2012, 09:34:41 pm »

I haven't gotten it, but the premise just made me facepalm, so yeah.

The big plot is that the vampires want to get rid of the sun? But that would kill all the plants, and then all the herbivores, and then all the carnivores, and then all of the happy meals with legs! Whoever came up with that plan has to be nuts.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #6459 on: June 30, 2012, 09:36:36 pm »

The sun in the Elder Scrolls is just a giant hole in Oblivion, it's not an actual 'sun' in the solar sense so...maaaaybe it wouldn't? Magic is weird and shit... :P

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: June 30, 2012, 09:38:59 pm »

Yeah, the world is crazy enough that the plan seems sensible in context. This is a universe where somebody commandeered a giant mech that was a pillar of reality. Blackreach exists. The world will be fine.

Besides the unnatural red glow over the Sun.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #6461 on: June 30, 2012, 09:44:30 pm »

This is a universe where somebody commandeered a giant mech that was a pillar of reality.

Technically, seven people commandeered a giant mech that was a pillar of reality at the same time. In different places. Creating a stable country from what was essentially feuding warlords. Because the act of trying to control the mech was so odd, the god of time got confused by it and just stopped paying attention.

Yup, craaaazy world.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: June 30, 2012, 09:52:41 pm »

Just as long as no one makes the argument that "This is a fantasy world. You have no right to complain about inconsistency, even if purple elephants suddenly appear from the inside of bananas." Very tired of that one, I am. That would only be allowed in TES if Sheogorath was involved somehow.

Anyway, presumably this Vampire lord has some plan in mind. It has been said that life-sustaining energy does flow into the world through the sun, and also that the sun and stars are the source of all Magicka.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 10:05:13 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: June 30, 2012, 09:58:45 pm »

Just as no one makes the argument that "This is a fantasy world. You have no right to complain about inconsistency, even if purple elephants suddenly appear from the inside of bananas." Very tired of that one, I am. That would only be allowed in TES if Sheogorath was involved somehow.

The argument isn't so much that it's a ka-razy world so much as who is to say this is inconsistent?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: June 30, 2012, 10:09:09 pm »

Just as no one makes the argument that "This is a fantasy world. You have no right to complain about inconsistency, even if purple elephants suddenly appear from the inside of bananas." Very tired of that one, I am. That would only be allowed in TES if Sheogorath was involved somehow.

The argument isn't so much that it's a ka-razy world so much as who is to say this is inconsistent?

Usually, and I quote, the argument part is stated "This world has X fantastic element, so Realism is thrown out the window."

BoT: This vampire clan likely has some sort of plan, though. Certainly turning off the sun would screw with the world a lot, likely pissing off Kynareth greatly. I read somewhere that all the energy of Nirn flows in through the sun and stars.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 896