Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559306 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6480 on: July 01, 2012, 02:27:42 pm »

Let's just hope they figure out how to get mods working on the 360. (They actually do, even in oblivion, but you need a dev box)
They said somewhere that they're trying to figure it out.

Oh they could easily already get mods to work on the 360. The problem is Microsoft would never allow it. Ever.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: July 01, 2012, 02:39:13 pm »

Unless you sell them as DLC?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: July 01, 2012, 02:43:36 pm »

Unless you sell them as DLC?
Ofc, its microsoft

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: July 01, 2012, 04:05:39 pm »

Sometimes, I wish we could take a third option in the Civil War storyline; just seize the throne for yourself and Thu'um everyone into submission. Yes, it would be evil/heavy-handed, but the game already lets you do plenty of things that are both. There's a mod idea :D
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: July 01, 2012, 04:09:01 pm »

Evil? Just tell yourself that the ends justify the means, and the ends are the defeat of the Aldmeri Dominion and saving humanity from being put into death camps run by the Thalmor. It's the same reason you can justify taking over every guild in Skyrim, assassinating the Emperor, joining the Imperial Legion, and ending the Stormcloak Rebellion decisively: On the assumption that your next move will be to seize the throne for yourself in order to save Tamriel.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: July 01, 2012, 04:16:51 pm »

Exactly! You could either RP it as doing what is necessary, or as being a greedy bastard :D

You could be sitting on the throne, wearing the Jagged Crown, and Ulfric, Elesif, and Tullius would be forced to bow to you, probably with a look of restrained anger on their faces. Well, maybe not Tullius, he'd go back to Cyrodil.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: July 01, 2012, 04:30:12 pm »

Gave it some thought and came to the conclusion that it would be awesome, but would require an effort on the scale of whatever that oblivion mod was called. N-something.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: July 01, 2012, 04:34:53 pm »

Gave it some thought and came to the conclusion that it would be awesome, but would require an effort on the scale of whatever that oblivion mod was called. N-something.

And that despite several quests granting you the title of leader of some organization, you are never given a position of actual power. As an adventurer you are given honorary titles for what you have done, but are not expected to deal with the paperwork and drama associated with actually running something. Seems to be a design decision, that the player will always be an adventurer because that is what the game is built around.

So yeah, ruling the region is out. Usurping both sides and plunging the region into anarchy seems like a good alternative, but whatever.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: July 01, 2012, 04:42:18 pm »

So yeah, ruling the region is out. Usurping both sides and plunging the region into anarchy seems like a good alternative, but whatever.
Sounds fun too. I assume that would be joining up with the forsworn?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: July 01, 2012, 04:44:50 pm »

Fuck Markarth, that place is full of assholes and generally evil people. There is nothing redeeming about the place. Burn it to the ground. Find a way to burn stone and burn it to the ground.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: July 01, 2012, 04:50:39 pm »

Fuck Markarth, that place is full of assholes and generally evil people. There is nothing redeeming about the place. Burn it to the ground. Find a way to burn stone and burn it to the ground.
Oh. they just want markarth so something? I only knew they considered themselves the first people of skyrim or something, and wanted everyone else out. The plot of the quests generally suck so I tend to not do them unless theres some reward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: July 01, 2012, 04:51:00 pm »

I don't know about paperwork, but the ability to give some freaking orders to these factions you supposedly lead would be nice. The idea was that taking the crown for yourself would be plunging Skyrim into chaos. Maybe ordering some soldiers about, maybe living in the blue palace. Wouldn't require the effort of Nehrim; that was a total conversion. More like the effort of the Morrowind mod that lets you join the Sixth House and work for Dagoth Ur.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: July 01, 2012, 05:57:13 pm »

I ended up having to reinstall Skyrim. This time I did it smart, and now using Wrye Bash to install/uninstall all mods, and create a bashed patch. Along with using Wrye to change load order. It is WAY better than what I was doing before...doing it manually and partly using the Nexus Mod Manager. Wrye Bash detects conflicts/errors and a bunch of other stuff...it is great. And makes installing mods a lot easier. I don't know why I didn't start doing that in Oblivion :P I wanted to do it my way...the hard way.

*face palm* ah well...at least I know now, heh.

Anyway, I have an "armor" mod (which is more of a transformation mod) and a mod that adds wings. The mod adds demonic looking wings (seen in the first screenshot) and the second is more angelic like. But I don't really have the best outfit at moment, to go really good with the angelic wings. Though, it still a pretty good match I think. Best I have out of all the armors..

I am also now using a test character to test all mods and try out clothing and what not. I made no changes at all (except choosing a hair), and only using one of the preset items that comes with the race. She still looks pretty nice, but I prefer my own look and my own character. I wouldn't use someone else's character or a preset option, for my main save.

And now the screenshots, this is mostly showing off the wings+diablo armor.

Diablo armor + demonic wings: http://i.imgur.com/UhURN.jpg

and

Ice Wings: http://i.imgur.com/PktTy.jpg

I'll have to come up with a story behind how/why/etc Amy (who will be my main) can transform into Diablo or demon or whatever. Could make for a good story background to her. Since she is going to be more "evil" aligned. Not sure if I'll use those angelic wings with her or not. Might give it to a companion or something, for them to wear. I haven't really decided.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:56:06 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: July 01, 2012, 06:29:32 pm »

The diablo transformation looks way out of place, almost feels like someone photoshopped it.
The "Angel" wings looks like it fits some neutral supernatural being or an ice demon, not an angel.
No idea how you would play evil in skyrim... Kill everything that moves?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: July 01, 2012, 06:30:15 pm »

I play as a Dunmeri man, whose parents were displaced in the Red Year. Haven't really thought of a backstory yet beyond that, though. Might as well make one up now!

I guess one of his parents must have been an ashlander who moved to Ald Ruun for some reason, the other one was a Redoran guard. As such he was raised with great respect for the law. He was raised at first in Redoran warrior tradition, learning how to use a sword at an early age, and how to use war axes and spears by his ashlander parent. One of them died of natural causes, the other went off the the Legion and lost contact at the start of the Great War. Thus from his teens to his adulthood he was cared for by an Orcish godparent, who taught him smithing, and this orc was married to an alchemist and hedge wizard, who tried to get him to get into school and learn either magic or a trade, to avoid her mistakes of leaving her education so early. When he was nearly 50 (still young adulthood for a dunmer), he'd been helping the old orc at the shop for a while, but the old-timer finally died. His step-mother was dragged off by the Thalmor for protesting the ban on Talos worship, and thus he had to flee before they came after him as well. Drath headed for Skyrim, hearing rumors that the Thalmor had much less sway there...
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 896