Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558445 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6495 on: July 01, 2012, 06:57:28 pm »

The diablo transformation looks way out of place, almost feels like someone photoshopped it.
The "Angel" wings looks like it fits some neutral supernatural being or an ice demon, not an angel.
No idea how you would play evil in skyrim... Kill everything that moves?

You mean, the screenshot itself or just having diablo in the game? Or maybe both?

And I renamed the "Angel" wings to ice wings, since you are right, they don't really look angelic. The new caption for the screenshot is much more fitting.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: July 01, 2012, 06:59:49 pm »

Might sound obvious, but vanilla Daedric armor would probably go with either set of wings. It's not symetrical, but there is a mod to fix that. Falmer armor might work too but it doesn't cover much. Maybe nightingale?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: July 01, 2012, 07:07:26 pm »

Might sound obvious, but vanilla Daedric armor would probably go with either set of wings. It's not symetrical, but there is a mod to fix that. Falmer armor might work too but it doesn't cover much. Maybe nightingale?

Ah you know, it could go good with that. Maybe falmer too. I'll have to give that a try.

Also, I will probably abandon the diablo transformation, it probably isn't the most fitting thing in Skyrim. Granted, I've seen worse. Someone put in the predator (alien vs predator)...into Oblivion. No joke.

I'll keep it though, it was removed off the Nexus really quick (within 30 minutes of being uploaded). But maybe it was how the screenshot came out...but the Diablo does look really out of place. Too hard to come up with a story behind it, and I think all the screenshots would look photoshopped with it used. I can't imagine a scene where it wouldn't.

I think I can come up with a much better story with a more neutral character, using those ice-looking wings (or maybe even a neutral/sort of dark aligned with the demonic wings). The blue wings seems a bit more fitting in Skyrim, since it is a cold place. I'll see what I can find with the other wings as well, the more demonic looking ones. See what both like with various armors. Personally, the ice/blue wings or whatever you want to call it, looks better with how I imagine my character to be, and more fitting.

Also, your character's story is rather good. I like it anyway. I'm guessing a jack-of-all-trades sort of character?

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: July 01, 2012, 07:15:31 pm »

Thanks :) Yeah, more or less. Heavy armor, destruction, and dual wielding are my forte. Reached mastery of smithing fairly fast.

Thalmor robes might go with the blue wings, although those really are evil. Very SS looking. If there is a mod for it, Dragon Priest robes would look good as well (minus the mask!)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: July 01, 2012, 08:26:22 pm »

I'm scrapping the Diablo and wing mods. I'm keeping them...but won't use them. Diablo, mostly cause of the fact it is a rare mod that is now hard to find. And the wings, I dunno. I really really like the blue wings, but I think I want to keep the original vision of my character. Way too off the path of how I originally visioned her. And getting too...non-Skyrim/elder scrolls. Maybe I'll use wings for another character, one day.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: July 01, 2012, 09:07:32 pm »

Been playing about a total of twelve hours with this list of mods, and surprisingly no crashes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The game is significantly harder even on Adept than I remember it being. I suppose being a sneaky bastard helps, since I get a 12x base multiplier with daggers (and only 2x with Bows, almost punishing ranged sneak combat in a way). Blocking is essential, unless I can simply sneak attack everything to death. Although it does feel cheesy sometimes, as I can sneak attack everything to death. Love the lighting, but it does make certain dungeons and interior areas almost pitch black; with the increased value of lighting on the Sneak skill, I can be right in front of someone and they'll not notice me.

I hate dragons though. If I hear that signature shriek, I know I'm in for at least ten minutes of trying to pin the damn thing down. Should probably go to the Greybeards, since I'm a more melee-centric character, but poisoning at a distance works fairly well too.

Loving the new talent trees, with the exception of lockpicking not increasing the Fingersmith skill. Uncapper is a must due to some skills being available at 130, and some skills having 10 ranks in them.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:10:45 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: July 01, 2012, 09:11:48 pm »

These harder difficulty mods seem to really punish you if you're not playing a stealth-oriented character.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: July 01, 2012, 09:24:02 pm »

These harder difficulty mods seem to really punish you if you're not playing a stealth-oriented character.

But does make it really epic.

An example of a dragon battle...

With deadly dragons, the first dragon you fight...not counting reloading (from deaths)...I spent 30-45 minutes fighting that one dragon. I had to resort to ranged+magic for most of the fight. Couldn't really get close to it, without taking a lot of damage/dying. Eventually I ran out of arrows (had 100 or so), and then had to resort to magic...but kept running out of mana...so it made the fight take quite a bit of time

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: July 01, 2012, 09:32:38 pm »

I think that falls under the realm of tedious, not epic. Being a low level and having deadly dragons on is stupid, its all about cheesing them. I just got out of a stream where the hoster had deadly dragons + more dragons enabled, and having 5 minutes of gameplay between 10 minutes of Lydia absorbing dragonfire is silly.

Funny, but silly...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: July 01, 2012, 09:34:31 pm »

There is a Mod on the Steam Workshop that makes Dragons even a little more harder, they don't land at all unless forced or badly damaged, they stay Well out of Melee and sometimes Ranged attacks and do alot more of their HARDER hitting attacks over their weaker ones. Also I believe being bitten does like 9999dmg (FF style) mean its a one hit KO...

Edit:: Here we go, found it...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=78324766&searchtext=
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:40:19 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: July 01, 2012, 09:40:33 pm »

Dragons are only easy once you get to mid-game. Early on, they are the absolute bane of Skyrim.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: July 01, 2012, 09:45:14 pm »

I think that falls under the realm of tedious, not epic. Being a low level and having deadly dragons on is stupid, its all about cheesing them. I just got out of a stream where the hoster had deadly dragons + more dragons enabled, and having 5 minutes of gameplay between 10 minutes of Lydia absorbing dragonfire is silly.

Funny, but silly...

I thought it was a lot of fun and epic. Didn't even have a companion, though that dark elf was there, but she kept going down within 2-5 seconds of coming back up...so she was rather useless. I personally like really long battles, but that is just my preference. Vanilla dragons, especially mid game and later are way too easy...and I found them rather easy in the beginning, too. Deadly dragons actually makes fighting dragons challenging and fun. What you call tedious, I call epic and realistic.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:42 pm »

I find that dragons are absolutely unstoppable early in the game, it's only when you get to around level 25 that they suddenly become easy.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: July 01, 2012, 11:30:38 pm »

They got easy around the time I got dragonbane and spellbreaker. It wasn't a matter of reaching a particular level, it was a matter of "Your breath weapon has no effect" and "If you land, I will slice you into dragon steaks before you can get away." Didn't matter what kind of dragon (aside from Mr. Badass Boss of All Dragons), they all were vulnerable to being shot with arrows or spells whenever they weren't lining up a breath attack, and having their breath attacks blocked by my spellbreaker, until they got either angry or wounded enough to land, and then being sliced to death (while time was slowed) before they realized how badly they had miscalculated the odds of their victory in a close-quarters battle.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: July 01, 2012, 11:33:55 pm »

The really, utterly simple solution is to just let Dragons use Unrelenting Force. Tried it for an early modding experiment, makes them a force to be reckoned with. TIP: get to low ground before engaging Fus Ro Da wielding Dragons! So many deaths in the mountains...
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 896