Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550210 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6525 on: July 02, 2012, 10:21:10 pm »

I had the Helgen keep issue a couple times, and after reinstalling my rather small mod list now do not experience it. It was weird, though; I noticed no lights to start, people falling through floors, and half the keep completely bugged out.

As far as all in one overhaul mods, SkyRe is nice, or ACE improvements. Nothing that takes a bunch of mods and crams them together yet, unfortunately. SkyRe is, in effect, a compilation mod built from the ground up to work well with itself, rather than having to patch together a bunch of bits and pieces that don't play nicely.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:23:20 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #6526 on: July 02, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »

Dragons Diversified
SkyRe
SkyUI
W.A.T.E.R
SkyTEST

That's a marvelous mod list! The game NEEDS mods to be interesting again, but I couldn't decide on a decent mod list yet.

Can anyone else add a mod to that list, that is both lore-friendly and improves the gameplay? =)
Where to start...
I won't link but just type the names into Skyrim Nexus should get you them.

Well if you like the idea of Armour and Weapons that fit and are quite Lore Friendly you have
Weapons - Jaysus Swords, Weapons of the Third Era and the Dragon Bone Weaponset.
Armour - Sabercat Gear, Lord/Scout/Warmage armoursets and Cloaks of Skyrim/Winter is Coming.

For Odds and Ends you always have the Bandolier mod that gives you a grouping on Multislot Bags that can be worn on your character *visual appearance* to boost your carry weight. There are added mods that can give them to NPCs as well. There is also a small little mod called SkBBP - Lore Friendly Stats and Encumbrance which changes the Health/Magicka/Stamina and a few other things such as Crit chance, Prices and Speed to a more Inline style of how your Race should really be built. Currently though, starting new characters requires this mod to be unloaded until after character creation and pref before entering Helgen Keep...
Your High Elf now starts with 90 HP, 60 Stm and 180 MP. They can only carry 70 at the start, have a movement speed of 95 and all Prices everywhere in Skyrim are at a Terrible State for you cause the Nords all hate the High Elves...

For UI Boosting things, A Quality Road Map, SkyUI and Categorized Favorites Menu. Also the Static Mesh Improvement is great for the idea of having Barrels actually OPEN when you look into them and better looking styled things such as tables and the like.

Oh and if you want more Meetings with NPC/Battles try.
WARZONES and Skyrim NPC Immersion Mod. Warzones add Areas in Skyrim were Battles between Stormcloak/Imperials or Soldiers/Bandits are facing eachother in combat. SIM (as its called) adds more kinds of NPCs that move between towns and villages making the roads feel more alive. They can and will be attacked by Bandits and Beasts so help them out or heck, be the attacker if you want...

For tougher combat, add in Duel Combat Realism which makes things act a little different in how combat works, that and some of ACE plugins such as Realistic Combat, Armour and Synagie all work with SkyRe (Currently Using them). These mods give you more of a challenge where playing a Mage wearing FULL IRON PLATE ARMOUR will actually inhibit his casting ability and then on the flipside wearing no armour at all will make it so that you take bonus damage and a higher chance at being critically hit. Also gives you the ability to use true combat movements to increase your damage such as flanking an enemy will give Crits and such for boosted damage...

For World Enhancing feeling try the Birds of Skyrim, Pets of Skyrim, Lanterns of Skyrim and Sounds of Skyrim: Dungeon and Wilds. These not only give a few smaller animals and birds around the map to give it more life but the Sounds of Skyrim mod can make the Dungeons more spooky as background noises start to include unseen dragur moaning and rat noises and werid movement sounds, Wilds gives Howling Wolves in the distance and birds in trees and other sound enhancing things. Lanterns of Skyrim adds Lanterns all around the place in will Placed locations that brighten up paths and towns in ways that it should have done so to begin with...

Finally make your game more difficult and challenging by using the ACE BYOG and Deleveled Skyrim. the BYOG will Balance your own game with a menu that gives you a wide array of different things that can be changed, from the amount of EXP you gain for your skills to how much damage weapons do. Haven't played with it much. Meanwhile Deleveled Skyrim does what it says, it DELEVELS everything. Those Wolves you meet at the start could have one in their pack which is level 45 and has a TON of health and can hit like a truck if not careful. Add in other minor mods that give more random spawnings and you could see things such as Bandits along that road to Riverwood or maybe a Hag. Who knows...

I could include more, my Mod list has nearly 200 .esp files loaded and as far as I can tell they are all working side by side well. Some things are hard to tell though and sometimes I see small bugs (Helgen Keep first room is kinda bugged and requires a Reload to fix yet I can't be buggered figuring out which mods doing it...). So yeah...

You have all of that running WITH SkyRe?
I got nothing

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: July 03, 2012, 12:27:12 am »

Mod dump time!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow, that took me a little over two hours to write.

I can provide links if anyone wants them.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: July 03, 2012, 02:00:13 am »

Mod dump time!

Wow, that took me a little over two hours to write.

I can provide links if anyone wants them.

You, and others who have posted similar lists, should put this stuff together on Steam Workshop in a mod compilation or two.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: July 03, 2012, 02:14:21 am »

I just found this list of mods that work with SkyRe. Joy!

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: July 03, 2012, 05:08:48 am »

I'd use SkyRe, but I'd prefer to keep Open Cities, are they compatible?
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6531 on: July 03, 2012, 05:18:53 am »

I'd use SkyRe, but I'd prefer to keep Open Cities, are they compatible?
probably not at all. Open Cities makes a ton of changes as far as I know... but try it and let us know!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: July 03, 2012, 05:53:44 am »

So, am I the only one here who doesn't think that vanilla Skyrim is the absolute worst game of all time?

It's better than Oblivion... But that's pretty much it.
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6533 on: July 03, 2012, 05:56:39 am »

So, am I the only one here who doesn't think that vanilla Skyrim is the absolute worst game of all time?

It's better than Oblivion... But that's pretty much it.
Vanilla skyrim, in my opinion, is a good game. I spent over 140 hours on it.

Modded skyrim is an amazing game and I have spent a further 80 hours on it so far.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: July 03, 2012, 07:04:55 am »

Thanks to you all for the mod-lists!

You're all gorgeous. <3
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: July 03, 2012, 07:30:22 am »

I thought it was fine. Then again, I almost like vanilla Oblivion more then modded Skyrim, so I dont have quite the same taste as most posters. Alright, no where near the same taste.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6536 on: July 03, 2012, 07:31:33 am »

I thought it was fine. Then again, I almost like vanilla Oblivion more then modded Skyrim, so I dont have quite the same taste as most posters. Alright, no where near the same taste.
I enjoyed Oblivion a lot as well. I don't even think I ever modded it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: July 03, 2012, 07:36:14 am »

On the topic of mods, SkyUI and the uncapper needed for some things in SkyRe require SKSE, which appears to be out of date (at least it's what it keeps telling me when I try to run it). How are you people using those two mods?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: July 03, 2012, 07:44:33 am »

SKSE runs for me. Do you have the latest Skyrim patch? Make sure you installed SKSE right via readme, because I havent had an issue since I updated.

I enjoyed Oblivion a lot as well. I don't even think I ever modded it.

Funnily I think I liked it more because there was more to do in Oblivion.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: July 03, 2012, 10:22:04 am »

The Mages' Guild quests in Oblivion felt like there was a lot more to them, and many of the quests in Skyrim had the feel of "and now I'm sending you to the other side of the map for another fetch quest again."
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 896