Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1549967 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6735 on: August 07, 2012, 09:00:24 am »

and the storm cloaks are racist fucks
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: August 07, 2012, 09:01:05 am »

What are the best mods to use then? Just installing this on my new PC and wanna start it modded straight away. Thanks guys :D

I am only using two "bigger" mods at the moment, Duel - Combat Realism and Midas Magic. The SkyRe mod looks nice and I will have to try that when I get my new computer. Other than that I am only using cosmetic mods at the moment. (UI, better bodies, faces, armour textures, walk/run/jump animations etc.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: August 07, 2012, 09:20:59 am »

Aren't the Imperials just elf proxies?

They're at peace with the thalmor for now because they need to get numbers back; they can do that, the thalmor can't. Unfortunately, the poor bastards don't know the Thalmors' actual plan...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6738 on: August 07, 2012, 10:03:21 am »

anyone else have a hard time for witch side they should go with?

imperials are spineless, elf worshiping snobs

stormcloacks are arrogant,racist idiots....
I went with the stormcloaks. I'm roleplaying a loyal High Elf so I'm advancing the cause, plunging the empire into chaos by helping the rebellion along. Two smaller enemies are easier to defeat than one large enemy. We will prove the superiority of Mer over Man!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: August 07, 2012, 10:08:40 am »

Hey, I know this might me seem stupid or something, but did anyone see that bit on Conan a couple days ago where he 'reviewed' Skyrim? All I have to say is the mammoth tusk joke was facepalm inducing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6740 on: August 07, 2012, 10:10:38 am »

Hey, I know this might me seem stupid or something, but did anyone see that bit on Conan a couple days ago where he 'reviewed' Skyrim? All I have to say is the mammoth tusk joke was facepalm inducing.
Link?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: August 07, 2012, 10:21:33 am »

Don't have good enough internet access to get a link to a video of it. Sorry. But google it or look it up on youtube or something.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6742 on: August 07, 2012, 10:45:54 am »

Don't have good enough internet access to get a link to a video of it. Sorry. But google it or look it up on youtube or something.
Will do!

Edit: Hehehehe

"What? I scared a chicken! I didn't deserve to die!"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:52:22 am by forsaken1111 »

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: August 07, 2012, 02:15:28 pm »

Huh?  You mean Rolff?  The guy who isn't a part of the stormcloak army?

Do you mean the grey quarter?  In which the dunmer are supposed to be governing themselves and don't pay taxes to the hold or owe any allegiance to the hold?
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Decree_of_Monument

Let it stand in honor of those who had the strength and spirit to accept Skyrim's Offer "untithed to any thane or hold, and self-governed, with free worship, with no compensation to Skyrim or the Empire except as writ in the Armistice of old wheresoever those might still apply, and henceforth let no Man or Mer say that the Sons and Daughters of Kyne are without mercy or honor."
We, the Jarls of Skyrim, hereby decree this site as monument to the struggle of those who fled their native home of Morrowind in the time following the Red Year.
Yeah screw those nords for getting upset when they give away prime real estate and when they ask for something in return are snubbed and instead asked for even more.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: August 07, 2012, 02:34:04 pm »

Huh?  You mean Rolff?  The guy who isn't a part of the stormcloak army?

Do you mean the grey quarter?  In which the dunmer are supposed to be governing themselves and don't pay taxes to the hold or owe any allegiance to the hold?
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Decree_of_Monument

Let it stand in honor of those who had the strength and spirit to accept Skyrim's Offer "untithed to any thane or hold, and self-governed, with free worship, with no compensation to Skyrim or the Empire except as writ in the Armistice of old wheresoever those might still apply, and henceforth let no Man or Mer say that the Sons and Daughters of Kyne are without mercy or honor."
We, the Jarls of Skyrim, hereby decree this site as monument to the struggle of those who fled their native home of Morrowind in the time following the Red Year.
Yeah screw those nords for getting upset when they give away prime real estate and when they ask for something in return are snubbed and instead asked for even more.
Have you even heard Ulfric speaking? He pretty much ignores that Whiterun is neutral and attacks it because "if they are not with him they are against him". It's also mentioned by this one nord in Windhelm (whose name I forgot) that whenever a nord village/caravan is attacked, Ulfirc is the first to go to their aid, if, instead of nords, it's dunmer or khajiiti he completly ignores them. And pretty much every single stormcloak guard will go out of their way to insult you if you're not a nord.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: August 07, 2012, 02:40:41 pm »

Have you even heard Ulfric speaking? He pretty much ignores that Whiterun is neutral and attacks it because "if they are not with him they are against him". It's also mentioned by this one nord in Windhelm (whose name I forgot) that whenever a nord village/caravan is attacked, Ulfirc is the first to go to their aid, if, instead of nords, it's dunmer or khajiiti he completly ignores them. And pretty much every single stormcloak guard will go out of their way to insult you if you're not a nord.

Please quote it.  I seem to recall him telling Galmar to be patient because he believes Balgruuf is a true nord.  He doesn't attack on either side's playthrough until the empire garrisons troops in Whiterun.  (Which if you've played imperial, you know Tullius sent exaggerated letters to convince Balgruuf that Ulfric was going to do it)

Funny that ulfric shows special treatment to the people supporting his cause.  Because you know it's not like his forces are spread thin.  He doesn't even have men to spare for tracking down a killer in his own city who is killing nords.  Which the cornerclub dunmer basically says "I don't care about the murders.  So long as he doesn't take a dunmer"
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: August 07, 2012, 02:42:35 pm »

IIRC Ulfric is the Thalmor proxy, not the empire or anything, you find this out in their embassy I belive.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: August 07, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »

IIRC Ulfric is the Thalmor proxy, not the empire or anything, you find this out in their embassy I belive.

Not really.  They label him an asset because the war benefits their goals so long as it is ongoing.  They also note that he's extremely hostile to direct contact and that a victory on either side is to be avoided.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: August 07, 2012, 03:10:14 pm »

Here's how I approached the two sides of the Rebellion.

Meeting room where peace talks are occurring.

Ulfric: "GIVE ME MARKATH OR I WALK OUT"

Me: "Hmm... yes... that's a very unique proposal. Especially considering I just spent 6 hours cleaning up and saving Markath myself. Let me have a moment to think about this."

*save*
Code: [Select]
~

setessential 0001B131 0

*STAB STAB STAB STAB*

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: August 07, 2012, 04:58:32 pm »

Funny you should mention that.

The negotiation changes based on who has control of Whiterun.

If it's the stormcloaks, Tullius does the same thing except demanding Riften.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 896