Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558392 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6900 on: September 04, 2012, 11:47:23 pm »

So, how is heartfire? I saw the download was up.
No one knows. It's not available until the 9th, and then only for Xbox players. Everyone else will have to wait for October.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: September 05, 2012, 06:04:30 am »

So, how is heartfire? I saw the download was up.
No one knows. It's not available until the 9th, and then only for Xbox players. Everyone else will have to wait for October.

*sigh* Oh Bethesda, why? Why did you make console versions?

edit: Not that I disaprove for anyone who has the console version of the game, it's just that I have it for PC.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:06:10 am by Ultimuh »

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: September 05, 2012, 12:51:30 pm »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: September 06, 2012, 12:26:20 am »

Well, Downloaded Hearthfire, bought the Falkreath house. Unfortunatly, there is a bandit lair, and a necromancer altar within spitting distance, and it was apparently built on top of a random encounter zone. For refrence, it sits on the plain behind pinewatch.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: September 06, 2012, 02:19:19 am »

Well, Downloaded Hearthfire, bought the Falkreath house. Unfortunatly, there is a bandit lair, and a necromancer altar within spitting distance, and it was apparently built on top of a random encounter zone. For refrence, it sits on the plain behind pinewatch.

Modding can fix that, but since you are on X-Box, I guess you could send a formal but polite complaint to Bethesda.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:23:16 am by Ultimuh »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: September 06, 2012, 02:21:06 am »

Modding can fix that, but since you are on X-Box, I guess you could sen a formal but polite complaint to Bethesda.
I think you can mod the xbox a little bit not sure how though.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: September 06, 2012, 06:31:57 pm »

I hope the next DLC got something to do with Jyggalag I like to know what he was up to after Shivering Isles.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: September 06, 2012, 07:50:43 pm »

I dunno, since Oblivion they seem pretty bent on not having any characters be relevant to more than one game outside of books.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: September 06, 2012, 08:00:53 pm »

I hope the next DLC got something to do with Jyggalag I like to know what he was up to after Shivering Isles.

Based on some loading screen messages, he turned into Peryite.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: September 06, 2012, 08:22:43 pm »

Based on some loading screen messages, he turned into Peryite.

Or, mayhap, he always was. Order is a powerful force, and if that force/aspect would have been ripped from him, it would weaken him immensely. When if Jyggalag was free to rejoin himself with Peyrite, you could very well end up with Peyrite being powerful enough to replace Akatosh, which is apparently supposed to happen next kalpa if the Kirkbride writings are to be believed.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: September 06, 2012, 08:24:01 pm »

Loading screen lore should be taken with a pinch of salt. I know that Hircine doesn't call upon the Wild Hunt, that's some eldricht ritual that the bosmer do.

If anyone has incredible depth of lore knowledge, I've some burning questions:

What's with all this business about CHIM and Peryite slated to become Akatosh soon? I don't know where they pull this stuff from, but from what i've read in all the 4 games I've played, there's no mention of anything about mantling or whatever. CHIM just comes from one of the Tribunal temple holy books, doesn't seem very credible to me. Yet, when I ask lore questions on certain other places, it is touted as gospel that CHIM explains everything.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: September 06, 2012, 08:29:03 pm »

Loading screen lore should be taken with a pinch of salt. I know that Hircine doesn't call upon the Wild Hunt, that's some eldricht ritual that the bosmer do.

If anyone has incredible depth of lore knowledge, I've some burning questions:

What's with all this business about CHIM and Peryite slated to become Akatosh soon? I don't know where they pull this stuff from, but from what i've read in all the 4 games I've played, there's no mention of anything about mantling or whatever. CHIM just comes from one of the Tribunal temple holy books, doesn't seem very credible to me. Yet, when I ask lore questions on certain other places, it is touted as gospel that CHIM explains everything.

Michael Kirkbride wrote a lot of stuff that basically says that the ES universe is the dream of a sleeping Godhead, and that Anu and Padomay are the forces of the dream. CHIM is the state of knowing that you do not exist, but continuing to exist regardless. Sithis, or Padomay, is the force of change, and Anu is the force of stasis. Beliefs themselves have power, however. Worshipping Sithis, a nonentity, would create a "Sithis" entity, drawing off power form Lorkhan, who is at this point little more than a fount of divine energy, even if his heart has been unmade.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: September 06, 2012, 09:04:18 pm »

I remember that stuff about Godheads and CHIM from the Lessons of Vivec. I knew about Anu and Padomay and the origin already, but never heard anything about Sithis being Padomay. Always thought it was supposed to be representative of the Void.

Not having read the 2 ES novels, was that stuff you mentioned expounded upon by Sul by any chance? Or was it given as direct exposition?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: September 06, 2012, 09:05:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure nothing Kirkbride writes is direct :P
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 896