Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558564 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6915 on: September 06, 2012, 09:35:49 pm »

Well, if told to us by some dunmer of Tribunal faith, I'm not entirely sure that that stuff should be taken as definite events of the universe. Like real religions, the ones in TES tend to get things wrong (especially the Tribunal Temple, known for it's historical revisionism.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:22 am »

What's with all this business about CHIM and Peryite slated to become Akatosh soon? I don't know where they pull this stuff from, but from what i've read in all the 4 games I've played, there's no mention of anything about mantling or whatever. CHIM just comes from one of the Tribunal temple holy books, doesn't seem very credible to me. Yet, when I ask lore questions on certain other places, it is touted as gospel that CHIM explains everything.

It's also in the commentaries on mysterious xarxes.  The Talos preacher in skyrim makes reference to many-headed Talos too.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: September 07, 2012, 12:19:48 pm »

I hope the next DLC got something to do with Jyggalag I like to know what he was up to after Shivering Isles.

Based on some loading screen messages, he turned into Peryite.
Uhhh The Daedric Prince of Pestilence and The Prince of Order  :-\ not really anything in common also Peryite is the weakest of the Daedra and Jyggalag was so strong the other Daedra sealed him as Sheogorath.

This appears to be distinctly different from the meaning of "order" as applied to Jyggalag. Peryite works to maintain the proper, normal order among the daedric races, while Jyggalag works to impose an unnaturally rigid order upon the planes.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #6918 on: September 07, 2012, 12:37:33 pm »

Eh, any customization is better than no customization.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6919 on: September 07, 2012, 12:40:15 pm »

home and heathfire (or whatever the expansion was called) is definitely not as good as I expected. only one property, and the building's only freeform-ness is choosing if you are gonna have X, Y or Z as your north/east/west wing.

Although, everyone probably already knows this because someone else has commented on it.
Sounds like the buildable house mod is better. You have several sets of furniture, lots of modifications you can do to the exterior area, and even a little hidden lair.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: September 07, 2012, 12:46:43 pm »

Haha, reminds me of the village you get to make in the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: September 07, 2012, 12:47:07 pm »

I hope the next DLC got something to do with Jyggalag I like to know what he was up to after Shivering Isles.
Turns out he is actually some minor Daedra of no particular note. He just assumes the mantle of the mad god because that's sorta how the major Daedra work. Jyggalag goes on to try and assault the plane of some other daedra and makes no headway whatsoever.

A later DLC for the next game has a minor quest where necromancers somehow summon him and keep him in a cell somewhere. He cannot do anything until you show up.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: September 07, 2012, 12:50:36 pm »

Turns out he is actually some minor Daedra of no particular note. He just assumes the mantle of the mad god because that's sorta how the major Daedra work. Jyggalag goes on to try and assault the plane of some other daedra and makes no headway whatsoever.

A later DLC for the next game has a minor quest where necromancers somehow summon him and keep him in a cell somewhere. He cannot do anything until you show up.
Best DLC ever even better then the Horse Armor.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6923 on: September 07, 2012, 01:22:10 pm »

home and heathfire (or whatever the expansion was called) is definitely not as good as I expected. only one property, and the building's only freeform-ness is choosing if you are gonna have X, Y or Z as your north/east/west wing.

Although, everyone probably already knows this because someone else has commented on it.
Sounds like the buildable house mod is better. You have several sets of furniture, lots of modifications you can do to the exterior area, and even a little hidden lair.
you can do the interior (and some exterior) furnishing-making, but that's just a list of stuff and the required materials. it just dumps them in pre-defined spots, so you can't choose where any furnishings go.

only bright side is that I now have a small farm for my wheat/blue flower potions (fortify health+restore health potions) and the required alchemy bench to make them.
You can do the same with the buildable house mod, but there are something like 5-6 sets of furniture for the first and second floor and another 4-5 for the basement plus 3 variations for the secret lair.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: September 07, 2012, 01:24:40 pm »

Any mods which are great along with that Buildable House mod?

Also, since I am currently put off by the bugged Imperial questline and wish no longer to proceed with it, what character build would suit this mod?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: September 07, 2012, 03:02:29 pm »

There are three properities, but they are all the same house. At least I guess you can have all the options built, if you can bother to get the absolutely retarded amount of metal required.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: September 07, 2012, 04:16:27 pm »

There are three properities, but they are all the same house. At least I guess you can have all the options built, if you can bother to get the absolutely retarded amount of metal required.
huh. I only ever found a way to get at one property, and that's falkreath's.
from the wiki
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: September 07, 2012, 07:34:49 pm »

From wiki description it seems about on par with the buildable home mod, with the added benefit of child-adoption for roleplay. It seems like it might be another "horse armor," something with little point for the PC as modders have already provided many more options in the same line, but having not played it, it could have something more in-depth than modders have yet created.

As for the whole relationships thing, well, the only relationship mods I've found on the nexus have to do with making the spouses sexy. There was a child adoption one I found, but it was rather limited and poorly coded.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: September 07, 2012, 07:52:07 pm »

Based on some loading screen messages, he turned into Peryite.
Uhhh The Daedric Prince of Pestilence and The Prince of Order  :-\ not really anything in common also Peryite is the weakest of the Daedra and Jyggalag was so strong the other Daedra sealed him as Sheogorath.

This appears to be distinctly different from the meaning of "order" as applied to Jyggalag. Peryite works to maintain the proper, normal order among the daedric races, while Jyggalag works to impose an unnaturally rigid order upon the planes.

Peryite's realm was always given as "ordering the lower realms of oblivion" and sometimes as pestilence. Skyrim's loading screens say that Peryite's spheres are "tasks, order and pestilence".

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: September 08, 2012, 03:33:07 am »

That's a bit of a stretch to assume "consumed Jyggalag." Many of the Skyrim loading screens are poorly worded or wrong, like the aforementioned "Hircine controls the Wild Hunt" one. http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Wild_Hunt
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 896