Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558763 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7080 on: October 08, 2012, 03:54:42 am »

There's already a lot of sci-fi in TES. Akatosh arriving in a space-ship, for example, or Pelinal being a time-traveling terminator cyborg with a disintegration laser gun for a hand. And yeah, that's in the lore.
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: October 08, 2012, 04:06:42 am »

There's already a lot of sci-fi in TES. Akatosh arriving in a space-ship, for example, or Pelinal being a time-traveling terminator cyborg with a disintegration laser gun for a hand. And yeah, that's in the lore.

You know what would be awesome?
If we would be able to visit said spaceship and obtain a unique weapon.
Maybe a lightswordish weapon or a laser gun which require mana to work?

edit: Sounds like something an experienced modder could easily make tough.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: October 08, 2012, 04:11:44 am »

Magicasabers... saw it when I first was looking at workshop on steam... more lore friendly then you'd imagine.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: October 08, 2012, 04:17:31 am »

Ah yes I seen that mod.
Never got around to try it out tough.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: October 08, 2012, 04:20:25 am »

You could visit it in Daggerfall. It's Direnni Tower (or Adamantia, or the Ur-Tower).
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7085 on: October 08, 2012, 06:37:52 am »

Also the Brass God is essentially a giant magicka-powered mecha.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7086 on: October 08, 2012, 10:19:38 am »

Isn't that more Steampunk than Sci-Fi?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: October 08, 2012, 10:51:43 am »

Isn't that more Steampunk than Sci-Fi?
Still not as steampunk as some of the stuff in Tribunal, arguably.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7088 on: October 08, 2012, 12:29:37 pm »

Bethesda do take a page at times out of the great works of Ultima and Lord of the Rings.

No really, read The Simarillian. Pretty sure at one point the Elves made a spaceship.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: October 08, 2012, 02:31:08 pm »

huh. got married, start making dragonscale armour, next thing I know, my wife tries attacking me for no reason.

I kill her. 15 in game minutes later, I get a letter of inheritance (600 gold)
not suspicious that I am the only one nearby, she has dwarven crossbow bolts in her, and I'm then only one locally wielding a crossbow?
also, how in hell did they find out about her death so quickly? do they have a courier stalking you, waiting for a friend to die so they can ambush you and say 'sorry for your loss. here's some gold!'?
My dad is a life insurance salesman, so belive me when I say that is more accurate than you could ever imagine.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: October 08, 2012, 03:12:26 pm »

Bethesda do take a page at times out of the great works of Ultima and Lord of the Rings.

No really, read The Simarillian. Pretty sure at one point the Elves made a spaceship.

...I've read the Silmarillion I don't know how many times, and I can't remember anything about a spaceship.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7091 on: October 08, 2012, 03:23:30 pm »

...I've read the Silmarillion I don't know how many times, and I can't remember anything about a spaceship.

The way their ships sail in a tangent to the world's curvature to reach aman isn't sailing into space?  :P
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: October 08, 2012, 03:24:39 pm »

Yeah, but they aren't spaceships. They're magic sailing ships. :P

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: October 08, 2012, 03:37:25 pm »

Cyrus sails into space and battles imperial manonauts and thalmor sunbirds.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/tiber-septim%E2%80%99s-sword-meeting-cyrus-restless
Another warbling and it was spotted, the vessel that woke the sun threats at the start. Terror Thought looked, thought, and then said aloud: “What the hell is that? It looks like... Scribe, describe it for the record and then suggest.”

“Permission to talk without sense for the moment, but the vessel is mundrial, sir, wood with canvas sails, no void stones to engine it out here at all. It’s only seaworthy by every account and yet their course seems set for Masser.”

The Mirror shunted again, retracting off the monocles of those that needed to say a prayer to keep their belief-of-self intact. “What should really trouble you, Terror Thought, is that they are waving at us.”

“Explain.”

The Scribe lightly coughed for effect and cocked her head. “I don’t understand how they’re doing it, sir, but they’re sailing through the void and flying their colors on a wind that they seem to have brought from Mundus. And by waving at us, the Mirror means their flag. It bears a strange mark, seemingly scribbled in a language I can’t translate, but I infer it’s intended for Longbow. In short, they want to be seen by us, sir.”
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7094 on: October 08, 2012, 03:47:28 pm »

Yeah, but they aren't spaceships. They're magic sailing ships. :P

They go to space, they are ships. Hence, spaceships
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 896