Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550223 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7680 on: December 11, 2012, 05:45:26 pm »

yea me and my brother had some issues with the unofficial patches, for me i was peeved that the Embrus quest was still broken so really i don't use it.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: December 13, 2012, 10:58:53 pm »

Here are some more screenshots of Skyrim, two of the scenery and one of my character.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/174084 - Whiterun at night (vampire power turned on, and it actually came out really good. A lot better than I intended. :P)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/174083 - Another of Riverwood

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/174085 - My Dark Elf with his glowing eyes...very vampire/werewolf like.

I have a mod (not Dawnguard compatible) that lets you be both a Vampire and a Werewolf. It doesn't come with glowing eyes though, it is just how the lighting came out.

Here is the mod for those who are interested: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11503

I also use Better Vampires by Brehanin, Tales of Lycanthropy and Werewolf Mastery. Vanilla vampires in Oblivion and Skyrim are rather lackluster. Well I don't have Dawnguard, which does a lot of vampire stuff. So I can't really comment on that.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:50:41 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: December 14, 2012, 07:25:23 am »

Just started playing Skyrim a few days ago. It's pretty neat but the open-worldness of it all really requires you to have a goal. The first few times I tried to play it I just wandered about, killed a few bandits then got bored. Making a few different chars and actually using the game as a sandbox to see what those characters would do in each situation is better. Somehow I contracted vampirism though and now I burn in sunlight. :(

Do you guys know of any 'essential' mods for Skyrim? I've been looking around but there's so many, lol.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: December 14, 2012, 08:16:45 am »

Here are my personal essentials, all can be found on Nexus, all are compatible with each other. Make sure you install SKSE beforehand, which can be found here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Less essential stuff that I love:

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:52:23 am by Rex_Nex »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: December 14, 2012, 09:49:55 am »

Wow. That's quite the list. Thanks a lot!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: December 14, 2012, 01:39:48 pm »

No problem! I think I'll throw that on the OP and get it over with, although it'd be nice to find the time to link them all.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: December 15, 2012, 12:14:11 am »

Here is a screenshot of what dungeons look like with ENB + Sweetfx + Blackout

Blackout - Simply Darker Dungeons: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27960

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/174532
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: December 15, 2012, 12:16:34 am »

I hate the Thalmor Embassy quest. I never remember that Delphine will take everything else, so I give Malborn all sorts of weapons that I never use, and Delphine takes my bow and armor. So I'm stuck `kill ing everyone untill a bow is dropped.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: December 15, 2012, 02:44:37 am »

That's not dark enough. Here's MY lighting fix for dungeons!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: December 15, 2012, 04:32:41 am »

That's actualy not too bad, it's very realistic as you won't find many caves in real life that casualy just light themselves up for our viewing pleasure.

I suppose you have to rely on magic and torches to light your way, so cool!

Do you have a modlist that I might peruse? Or is just a custom non-released mod you've built yourself?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7690 on: December 15, 2012, 07:02:54 am »

That's actualy not too bad, it's very realistic as you won't find many caves in real life that casualy just light themselves up for our viewing pleasure.

Do you have a modlist that I might peruse? Or is just a custom non-released mod you've built yourself?
Its actually a metamod achieved by placing a paper bag over one's head before play, or simply wearing 3 pair of sunglasses.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: December 15, 2012, 07:03:22 am »

No problem! I think I'll throw that on the OP and get it over with, although it'd be nice to find the time to link them all.

I installed all the mods you listed, except 'SKREEE' (kept crashing nexus mod manager) and 'Deadly Dragons' (crashed skyrim on startup, took awhile of activating/disabling mods to figure out what it was) Not sure why those two are being finicky, maybe because I didn't get 'Skyrim Redone' yet. Maybe once I get bored of sword and shield combat. It does seem to be a nicer-feeling game now, less empty than it was.

The way Skyrim handles save games annoys me a bit when I have 7 different characters and can only differentiate between them by arbitrary save numbers. I probably missed a really obvious way to rename saves or something though. Would be awesome if they grouped saves by character so everything was more organised. I wonder if there's a mod for that... *goes back to trawl through the nexus another 4 hours*

One funny thing I noticed when doing the alternate start as a bandit, as soon as I'd walked 10ft a dragon screamed its way out of the sky. So I fought my first dragon at level 1, with an iron sword wearing mere rags. Fun.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: December 15, 2012, 07:51:27 am »

D'oh! I never noticed Deadly Dragons was a Dawnguard-only mod. Sorry about that Caz, I should of checked. No idea what was up with SKREEE, though... I'll remove that from my recommended mods.

Ahaha, nice! I've had that happen, but my way of dealing with it involves wishing I had infinite stamina... *run!*

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: December 16, 2012, 01:37:54 pm »

I don't suppose there's a mod for organizing save files according to characters, is there?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: December 16, 2012, 02:01:09 pm »

Actually, it's a large image filled with the bucket tool in GIMP. I made a mod deleting all light sources in dungeons, but that's kind of lazy to go abou tit and it turns out most of them are lit by ambient light anyway.

Save files by character? Use the ~ console and just type "save 'save name' " to save your games, that way you can choose the name yourself instead of "#2675"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 896