Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558957 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7965 on: January 23, 2013, 06:07:19 am »

I didn't like the Imperials nor the Nords

Honestly? Yeah the game really fails at making either side feel like they had any real merit.

The Nords were racist and backwards often not understanding why basic laws were put in place.

While the Imperials were hive minded idiots who are easily duped and outright intollerant.

And yet if I had to name the "good guys" it is the Imperials. Sure they are overextending their bounds and they really have no claim on those lands and they are being duped by outright obviously evil villains who BARELY even try to pretend they are not evil who are well known to be evil in both a historical sense and in a recent history sense... but at least they arn't near Genocide prone racists.

It is like someone told them to be ambiguous and forgot that... you kinda need to have good points too. Heck the only reason the Nords are attractive is because they treat you respectfully and like they need you. While the Imperials seem like they couldn't care less.

Which is kinda why I chose the Imperials. The Nords are terrible people. While the Imperials are just stupid jerks.

I joined a cannibal club only to have no possible interaction with them afterwards? Lame

Honestly this seems to be the Eldar Scroll trademark. Where you get into these high prestiegous possitions with a lot of power! and you cannot do SQUAT with them.

What should be an awsome feature is made lame.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:14:02 am by Neonivek »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: January 23, 2013, 07:13:44 am »

So I signed up for the open beta of the Online game.
If I get in I find out if it will be worth it or not.

But first thing first: To see if I get accepted.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:57 am »

Honestly I have two minds about this

Eldar scrolls has always been a game to me that always had the potential to be "great" and not just "good". It always frustrated me when it just sat ontop of being a great game but never really seemed to make the attempt (at least from when I jumped into the series). Oblivion had so many things that could have just revolutionised gameplay that it never even attempted and Skyrim sorta followed suit.

Yet at the same time I notice the trend towards going even further from greatness and becoming buddies with the Sultan of the Dunes of Mediocreness. I desperately want the Eldar scrolls game that proves me wrong. That just goes "You were wrong Neonivek, REALLY wrong. Oblivion and Skyrim? they were all just test games from this new GREATER game that we finally have the time and money to give you and you should be ashamed of not believing we can pull it off. We have dynamic storylines, entirely different looking locales, crazy combat system, stunning magic system, made stealth cooler and more nessisary, as well quests are more dynamic and complex. Ohh and the story? Yeah it will blow you out of the water! It combines both the character driven narratives with the geopolitical rallying you have come to expect except done right. Ohh and that shop you wanted to own? You can have one now" and I won't even care that I was wrong because I'd have a totally awsome game in my hands.

so yeah I am EXTREMELY curious about the MMO.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:36:28 am by Neonivek »

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: January 23, 2013, 03:51:16 pm »

It's a closed beta. You agreed to an NDA when you submitted your application. That also means it likely won't be representative of the final product. In other words, prepare to be disappointed, if you get in.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: January 23, 2013, 05:28:43 pm »

NDA or not, you can still tell everyone that a game sucks without violating their "Imaginary Property".

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: January 23, 2013, 05:35:59 pm »

Now why did I type 'open'?
Brain, what are you doing up there?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: January 24, 2013, 02:22:51 pm »

Why is the initial dungeon in Daggerfall so ridiculous? I rest after my very first battle ever, with a rat, and a bear appears while I'm sleeping. How did it even open the door and get down the stairs? I'm not much of a dungeon crawl person, should I try playing again anyway?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: January 24, 2013, 02:24:57 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: January 24, 2013, 02:37:30 pm »

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7975 on: January 24, 2013, 03:33:41 pm »

Why is the initial dungeon in Daggerfall so ridiculous? I rest after my very first battle ever, with a rat, and a bear appears while I'm sleeping. How did it even open the door and get down the stairs? I'm not much of a dungeon crawl person, should I try playing again anyway?
Sprint for the exit whilst weeping and flailing your mouse. It's how I get through that dungeon.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: January 24, 2013, 04:57:28 pm »

Sprint for the exit whilst weeping and flailing your mouse. It's how I get through that dungeon.
Re-roll until you get the ebony dagger. Then fight your way out.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7977 on: January 24, 2013, 05:08:01 pm »

Ebony dagger isn't really required, you can just facepunch the Imps to death.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: January 24, 2013, 05:15:39 pm »

I should play that game again.

I will actually. I will also die horrible, as I never actually managed to finish that dungeon before.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: January 24, 2013, 05:20:56 pm »

HALT!
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 896