Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559013 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #8190 on: February 16, 2013, 01:31:56 pm »

Using a dragon mod and a pet mod.  I have managed to accidentally create one hell of a chaotic scene.  I was about to start shooting into the mess when I decided to take a screenshot first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is a dragolich (summons dragur every time it lands,  can't be hurt directly) vs a giant and it's mammoth, vs me, my pet frostbite spider, Kharjo, and Barbas.

I don't think I could make a more chaotic battle if I tried.
Nearby townspeople later report a strange rain of arrow riddled zombies and one half frozen frostbite spider.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:33:37 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: February 16, 2013, 02:03:47 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JweTAhyR4o0

This guy has my feelings articulated in an admirable way.

Very good points, but his hammering away at kiddies gets annoying. He severely underestimates kids, like myself really enjoying Morrowind at age 11.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: February 16, 2013, 02:32:19 pm »

Using age as an insult merely demonstrates a lack of tact, creativity, and intelligence.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: February 16, 2013, 02:42:33 pm »

he never, in fact, said anything about children (directly) whatsoever. He talked about casual gamers and used children as a point because, yes, the majority of them are casual.

Barbas.

That quote...

What stupid fucking writing. Honestly? A talking dog is weird in TES. Khajiit are definitely not.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:44:18 pm by Putnam »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: February 16, 2013, 02:59:05 pm »

So my Skyrim is still crashing every 10-20 minutes, despite having done all the things I read here and there on the internet.
The one thing that DID work, was disabling VSync (outside of Skyrim, instead of inside), but that brought a whole other set of problems than crashing.
I suppose I could stop using mods entirely.. but.. that is one thing I just cannot do, as the mods I have, I just cannot get myself to rid them..  :-\

Anyone have a definite workaround which could work, which dosnt require me to disable mods?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: February 16, 2013, 03:11:57 pm »

So my Skyrim is still crashing every 10-20 minutes, despite having done all the things I read here and there on the internet.
The one thing that DID work, was disabling VSync (outside of Skyrim, instead of inside), but that brought a whole other set of problems than crashing.
I suppose I could stop using mods entirely.. but.. that is one thing I just cannot do, as the mods I have, I just cannot get myself to rid them..  :-\

Anyone have a definite workaround which could work, which dosnt require me to disable mods?

Could try opening console (in an interior) and typing pcb. But that is quite often crashing, which probably actually won't solve it. But worth a try.

My game after about an hour, will drop to a really slow, slideshow. It moves a frame, and freezes for a few min, then moves another frame. So I have to go to an interior and use pcb when it starts getting slow, and it goes back to as good as new. If I happen to be nowhere near an interior (it would take weeks to get to one at such a slideshow), I have to restart Skyrim and it is back to normal again.

Guess its just a Skyrim problem though, a lot of people report this. When heavily modded, it makes it worse I guess.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: February 16, 2013, 03:24:16 pm »

Skywind.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #8197 on: February 16, 2013, 03:40:33 pm »

Skywind looks like it's shaping up to be awesome. They managed to pretty much port all of Morrowind to Oblivion, and with Skyrim's enhanced scripting to being back the older spells (Levitation that actually works? Heck yeah) it should be much more awesome.

I've got a weird save corruption issue going on. Basically if I start the game, continue then when I save (or the game autosaves), it crashes to the desktop. But if I start the game, continue then immediately load that save *again*, I can save just fine. It's a weird one.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:44:57 pm by MorleyDev »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: February 16, 2013, 03:59:57 pm »

I did remove one modpack, ERSO as it seemed to conflict with several other mods.
Suddenly Skyrim loads much faster.
But the random crashes still persists.
Hmm..
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:12:14 pm by Ultimuh »

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #8199 on: February 16, 2013, 04:09:10 pm »

What stupid fucking writing. Honestly? A talking dog is weird in TES. Khajiit are definitely not.
I agree with that, and the thing about giants. Dragons are understandable because they were supposedly legends.

Well Morrowind did have a talking Mudcrab with more money than anybody else in the entire game. So it has precedent :) Also I'm fairly certain it's a joke about how it is still weird, even in the context of TES ^^

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: February 16, 2013, 05:20:48 pm »

Turns out the mod which made Skyrim crash so much for me, was one which made Vampires awesome.. :c
On the upside, I may be able to turn on some pof the other mods now that this has been resolved.
Of course, I could be very wrong and it may still crash as often.
But then I will wonder.. what IS it which causes this?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:22:21 pm by Ultimuh »

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: February 16, 2013, 05:45:27 pm »

I agree with that, and the thing about giants. Dragons are understandable because they were supposedly legends.

Well Morrowind did have a talking Mudcrab with more money than anybody else in the entire game. So it has precedent :) Also I'm fairly certain it's a joke about how it is still weird, even in the context of TES ^^
Maybe, but mudcrab. There's also a city inside a giant mudcrab. It's better than "Hey, i'm gonna add the most common pet in the game, and this one will talk, crazy, huh ?" A talking dog isn't really exceptional, compared to some other stuff, and if the writing wasn't stupid, that could have been an ok, lore friendly quest.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: February 16, 2013, 05:50:38 pm »

Maybe, but mudcrab. There's also a city inside a giant mudcrab. It's better than "Hey, i'm gonna add the most common pet in the game, and this one will talk, crazy, huh ?" A talking dog isn't really exceptional, compared to some other stuff, and if the writing wasn't stupid, that could have been an ok, lore friendly quest.

How is it lore breaking? He's not really a dog, but a powerful daedra in the form of a dog.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: February 16, 2013, 05:53:00 pm »

that could have been an ok, lore friendly quest.

like TES:O!

"they called cyrodiil a jungle because of a clerical error"

a clerical error in more than a dozen books

that was explained elsewhere as Talos using godlike power to transform cyrodiil into a jungle retroactively through all time, an explanation shouted by a man in the middle of the first city you visit in Skyrim AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8204 on: February 16, 2013, 06:16:28 pm »

Sorry, what is 'lore breaking' about a daedra making a dog talk? I mean they have all sorts of godlike powers. This seems pretty low on the totem pole honestly.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 896