Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558891 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #8355 on: February 20, 2013, 09:30:17 pm »

This mod should stop most quests from annoying you.
Granted, there still are couriers who search the whole Skyrim region for you to deliver a message.
But the actual qest dosnt start before you actually initiate it with the quest giver.
Altough there is one in Falkreath, but it can be dismissed as soon as you done the first part which shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

Those freaking couriers, I swear there's something not right about them. Wherever you run, they will find you. I saw one heading right towards me, and I say "Shit, it's gonna be another one of those mysterious letters. Let's see if I can dodge this."

So I fast travel to some remote dungeon, go in start killing necromancers, when suddenly, my view gets flipped around back and he's Standing. Right. There.

I always think he is an enemy and kill him by accident. Then I get a bounty, because my companion saw rofl. Too bad I need my companion to carry all my loot :P

How? How do you kill that creepypasta demon? I hit him with everything in the game and he just won't die! Must be essential or something...

Speaking of which, did anyone else panic and murder the crap out of Lucien Lachance the first time he showed up in Oblivion?

Dunno which mod, but one of the mods I have made everyone (even companions) not essential. If I cared enough, I would actually take time, find it and remove it...because killing companions is rather annoying. And I don't actually have a mod that is supposed to do that. Guess it adds to the challenge :P still, I like to know what mods do what, you know?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: February 20, 2013, 09:33:12 pm »

Granted, there still are couriers who search the whole Skyrim region for you to deliver a message.
But the actual qest dosnt start before you actually initiate it with the quest giver.
Altough there is one in Falkreath, but it can be dismissed as soon as you done the first part which shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

Those freaking couriers, I swear there's something not right about them. Wherever you run, they will find you. I saw one heading right towards me, and I say "Shit, it's gonna be another one of those mysterious letters. Let's see if I can dodge this."

So I fast travel to some remote dungeon, go in start killing necromancers, when suddenly, my view gets flipped around back and he's Standing. Right. There.

I always think he is an enemy and kill him by accident. Then I get a bounty, because my companion saw rofl. Too bad I need my companion to carry all my loot :P

How? How do you kill that creepypasta demon? I hit him with everything in the game and he just won't die! Must be essential or something...

Speaking of which, did anyone else panic and murder the crap out of Lucien Lachance the first time he showed up in Oblivion?

Dunno which mod, but one of the mods I have made everyone (even companions) not essential. If I cared enough, I would actually take time, find it and remove it...because killing companions is rather annoying. And I don't actually have a mod that is supposed to do that. Guess it adds to the challenge :P still, I like to know what mods do what, you know?

Dosnt one of SkyrimRedone have a module which includes immortal NPCs who only die if you kill them yourself?
If not, then they must have changed it since I last used it.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: February 20, 2013, 09:42:28 pm »

Dosnt one of SkyrimRedone have a module which includes immortal NPCs who only die if you kill them yourself?
If not, then they must have changed it since I last used it.

That could be since I use Redone. But anyone know what module it is if that is the culprit? I can't find anything about it in the mod description. But I am using the non-dawnguard one.

My skyrim redone modules:

SkyRE_Combat.esp
Skyrim_EnemyAI.esp
SkyRE_EnemyScaling.esp
SkyRE_Main.esp and the standing stones one.

I also have one used for immersive armors (but I think that came from another mod)

Any of those the culprit? It is really annoying accidentally killing people or them being immortal for everyone else.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: February 20, 2013, 09:43:21 pm »

For the xbox users out there:

You can still kill essential people if you get a cinematic kill on them as a werewolf. Takes a lot of tries, but can be immensely satisfying.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: February 20, 2013, 10:12:23 pm »

Turns out, my account was glitched on Nexus. I didn't even get a warning. The moderator just said I wasn't allowed to show the armor in the screenshots I put up of Laenaya. But I was never actually banned, it just, every time I tried logging in...it showed up as banned for me. I dunno all the techy details, but my account is fixed now.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54:28 pm »

I had something similar happen to me in Oblivion. I got caught committing a crime in Bravil,  so I stole somebodies horse and rode off to the Imperial City, and payed off my fine to the thieves guild. Even when I was outside of Bravil it kept giving me a message about not being able to wait because I was being pursued( or something I never really got into Oblivion and can't remember). Anyway I decided to rent a bed in the Imperial City afterward, and when I woke up I was immediately pulled into a conversation with a Bravil Guard who told me to run along, before he ran out of my room and back towards Bravil.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: February 20, 2013, 10:56:28 pm »

Turns out, my account was glitched on Nexus. I didn't even get a warning. The moderator just said I wasn't allowed to show the armor in the screenshots I put up of Laenaya. But I was never actually banned, it just, every time I tried logging in...it showed up as banned for me. I dunno all the techy details, but my account is fixed now.
If I may? My dear person, in the IT world, that's what we call, "Fucked."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: February 21, 2013, 12:45:09 am »

I finally got a stable, fun modlist working. The Random Alternate Start mod is actually really cool. The first time I picked Thief and it spawned me in the river beneath (something-or-other) Tower with bandits shooting at me from the walkway. I was doing pretty well for myself until the boss one-shotted me with his greatsword.

The second time I chose Random and spawned as a Bard inside a cave. He was promptly eaten by spiders.

Third time, I spawned as a Barbarian in a giant's camp. Cue a chase scene until I hid inside a windmill in L(something)'s Farm. When I was sure I was safe I walked to the road and found a distraught-yet-merry fellow named Cicero, his giant box and a broke wagon. I didn't appreciate his Lemongrab impression so I hit him with my hammer. Turns out the guard I thought was walking away was patrolling the wagon ("Psst, I know what you are. Hail Sithis.) and both were essential. Cicero is dangerous.

Code: (Modlist) [Select]
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
More Interactive Items.ESM
SPIKE.esm
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
Rainbows.esp
BWS.esp
Clanking Armor.esp
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
randomthunder.esp
Rooster At Dawn v1.0.esp
Thundering Shouts.esp
Warmer Magic Lights v2.esp
mintylightningmod.esp
MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp
Ars Metallica.esp
Better Skill and Quest Books Names.esp
Birdsclean.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp
Breaking and Entering.esp
Bring Out Your Dead.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
DungeonQuestAwareness.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Default.esp
RabbitsPlus.esp
ShootingStars.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
YngolBarrowButtonFix.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Auto Unequip Arrows.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
Footprints.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
Cloaks.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
SkyrimChimneys.esp
SkyrimChimneysRW.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
towBlockSteal.esp
Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp
Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp
BetterSwimming.esp
BlockSparkles.esp
Distant Detail.esp
dynamic fires.esp
FSS-Slight pause between lines.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
masser Size x0.5.esp
dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp
NoAutoSkillBooks(Better).esp
secunda Size x0.5.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp
AIMP - Antz in my Pantz.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp
BFSEffects.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
Realistic crime report radius.esp
Enhanced Soul Trap.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp
Follower Trap Safety.esp
Random Alternate Start.esp
RAS - Riverwood CharGen.esp
Animated Weapon Enchants.esp
getSnowy.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Character_Generation.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
WetandCold.esp

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: February 21, 2013, 01:41:32 am »

Wait wait wait wait wait...

You can find Cicero? Just walking around with his "box"? Where on earth did you find him?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: February 21, 2013, 01:52:25 am »

So here is Laenaya again, but in a much better outfit. What she was wearing before, the armor is actually banned on Nexus. Hence why my screenshots were deleted. This armor is far better anyway in my opinion. And I got weapons to go along with it. I actually think she comes out a lot better with this new outfit.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/208004

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: February 21, 2013, 02:12:50 am »

That still looks a bit lightly dressed for the climate, but it's at least 80% more practical. Looks nice too!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: February 21, 2013, 02:25:47 am »

You want to see something freaky? Make a character, then use the console to open the chargen window again. Type "player.setrace whatever"

Some of the resulting hybrids don't look too bad, such as Dunmer and Orc, but beware glitches, especially if crossing Argonians with anything.

Some examples
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:34:57 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: February 21, 2013, 05:45:20 am »

You can find Cicero? Just walking around with his "box"? Where on earth did you find him?
Yeah, he's just walking around freaking out about the broken wheel and being generally offputting when you talk to him. When you try to convince the farmer to fix the wagon he's creeped out and worried that the coffin is filled with weapons or skooma. Might be a random encounter like the Liar It's a mini-quest so it would have been a set location. It was near a farm starting with L and a Giant Camp.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: February 21, 2013, 10:32:46 am »

This miught be old for most of you guys, but I found something of epic proportions.
Even tough the quality might be a little.. off.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW09lbR4OmM

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: February 21, 2013, 01:28:01 pm »

Yeah, he's just walking around freaking out about the broken wheel and being generally offputting when you talk to him. When you try to convince the farmer to fix the wagon he's creeped out and worried that the coffin is filled with weapons or skooma. Might be a random encounter like the Liar It's a mini-quest so it would have been a set location. It was near a farm starting with L and a Giant Camp.
its west of Whiterun thats as much i know
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 896