Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558413 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9015 on: July 01, 2013, 11:09:03 pm »

"I fail to see how the elves are the bad guys in this situation"

haha okay

To admit "Elves" are not the problem. This nation that is run overwhelmingly predominantly by elves is the problem.

The point I'm trying to make is that the Thalmor are somewhat of a Nazi parallel, and he leaps to defense saying they're getting some much-deserved payback for elfkind.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: July 01, 2013, 11:58:03 pm »

Payback for what? The first set of elf nazis being stomped upon by Tiber Septim and his big robot?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: July 02, 2013, 12:35:13 am »

Yes, because apparently everyone was on equal levels of morality, since everyone had slaves, and the Tiber just decided one day to kill all the elves. Cause, you know, Men perpetrated equally horrific slave regimes as the Aylieds. At least, according to him.

Anyone else have a deviantART account? Because this gets a little stale with me repeating the same points at him.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: July 02, 2013, 03:53:42 am »

And before there is another discussion about it,. I find making characters and taking screenshots like artwork.

But I think this one came out really nice. :)
No worries, me likey screenshots. No really, I've soon got 1000 screenshots of my characters' journeys.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: July 02, 2013, 05:48:54 am »

The Thalmor are little shits and TES Online will be a cheap whore!

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: July 02, 2013, 05:54:24 am »

Yes, because apparently everyone was on equal levels of morality, since everyone had slaves, and the Tiber just decided one day to kill all the elves.

The difference mostly was that the Elves were in the strong position and most of this "equal levels of morality" tended to be enforced onto the other nations by the elves.

Not to mention the fact that the Elves were secretly, and still are, outright evil and were willing to destroy the world for their own benefit.

Mind you how much Tiber COULD have known about that is up for debate... but he given he is outright psychic and can see into the future... I am going to assume he actually knew exactly what was going to happen. (Did he read the Elder Scrolls? that would explain it).

My major issue with a MMO is it pretty much calls the series to an end... and given that Skyrim solved nothing and only brought up more questions... it is a pretty sad note to leave the series on.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: July 02, 2013, 06:10:48 am »

Woha, I thought it was pretty much given that the Thalmor are a metaphor for Nazis. And Skyrim basically is Vichy France, staying sovereign but with an amended constitution and close supervision. And the uniforms. Oh god the uniforms.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: July 02, 2013, 06:13:09 am »

Woha, I thought it was pretty much given that the Thalmor are a metaphor for Nazis.

Hardly... Their actions more closely resemble the actions of countries like Persia or England.

Nazi's is limited way of looking at them.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9023 on: July 02, 2013, 08:19:24 am »

Yes, because apparently everyone was on equal levels of morality, since everyone had slaves, and the Tiber just decided one day to kill all the elves. Cause, you know, Men perpetrated equally horrific slave regimes as the Aylieds. At least, according to him.
I thought slavery was forbidden under the Empire, except in Morrowind, because it was traditionnal for Dunmers ?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: July 02, 2013, 09:42:57 am »

I thought slavery was forbidden under the Empire, except in Morrowind, because it was traditionnal for Dunmers ?
It sure ain't legal nowadays.

* da_nang hisses and sharpens his claws and spear

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: July 02, 2013, 09:47:53 am »

The Dunmer got paybacked big time for that with Vvardenfell blowing up and smogging up the place and the damn lizard peoples taking all their lands.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: July 02, 2013, 10:39:06 am »

The Dunmer got paybacked big time for that with Vvardenfell blowing up and smogging up the place and the damn lizard peoples taking all their lands.
Glorious 2nd Arnesian War. If only that big floating rock hadn't decided to wreck our stuff we would've thrown a party too.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: July 02, 2013, 12:18:09 pm »

If not for the whole Ministry of Truth thing, there might have been a peaceful path to civil equality and respect through movements like the Twin Lamps. But it did happen, so an invasion happened, and the cycle of racial violence began anew. Although, the Dunmer seem a bit too broken to even want to attack anyone now.

How does TESO end the series? It's a different team entirely working on it, so it's not drawing the main series team away from their work.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: July 02, 2013, 12:44:28 pm »

If not for the whole Ministry of Truth thing, there might have been a peaceful path to civil equality and respect through movements like the Twin Lamps. But it did happen, so an invasion happened, and the cycle of racial violence began anew. Although, the Dunmer seem a bit too broken to even want to attack anyone now.

How does TESO end the series? It's a different team entirely working on it, so it's not drawing the main series team away from their work.
I thought TESO was a prequel not a sequel.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: July 02, 2013, 01:13:44 pm »

It's set in the 2nd Era, 6th century or 1000 years before Skyrim IIRC.
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 896