Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558474 times)

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9270 on: August 22, 2013, 02:29:04 pm »

I presume that the 'no-recharge-shout' thing is a mod.
Nope. My game is completely unmodded, aside from graphical improvements. And you can do this on a console:
-Max Alchemy and Enchanting
-Drink fortify Enchant
-Make Alchemy Fortifying jewelry
-Make fortify Enchant potion
-Make another Alchemy jewelry set
-Make Fortify Restoration potion
-Drink
-Put on Amulet of Talos

As long as you don't take it off, infinite shouts. If you do take it off, you'll have to make potions again.
Doesn't work like that, unless you are using a very specific bug. The fortifyshout enchant is a static .2 off of the 1.0 shout time variable.
Nope. I can tell you from experience that is NOT true. I've got "Time between shouts reduced by 203%" from this exploit.

Okiedoke I just tested, unmodded current PC version, fresh save,  with both DLC and hearthfire, cheated my skills up to 100, cheated in requisite items, it doesn't occur, those effects don't interact at all, and the only thing fortify restoration potions can do in the base game is make ridiculously powerful enchants, you are likely experiencing a localized bug or a result of some form of save game corruption, has this save game been active for multiple versions of the game?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: August 22, 2013, 02:30:41 pm »

"Time between shouts reduced by 203%"

New shout unlocked: Dragon Break
"Causality splinters at your Voice, leaving time an incomprehensible mess and enabling you to experience multiple outcomes of your decisions."

NINJA EDIT: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Glitches#Infinitely_Powerful_Items You probably made a mistake. Sometimes you have to do the loop multiple times. I probably gave you a wrong step, too. But it works. And it will wreck the balance of your game.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:33:28 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: August 22, 2013, 02:35:27 pm »

"Time between shouts reduced by 203%"

New shout unlocked: Dragon Break
"Causality splinters at your Voice, leaving time an incomprehensible mess and enabling you to experience multiple outcomes of your decisions."

NINJA EDIT: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Glitches#Infinitely_Powerful_Items You probably made a mistake. Sometimes you have to do the loop multiple times.

That involves MAKING ITEMS, not simply wearing them. And you cannot make an amulet of talos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: August 22, 2013, 02:37:08 pm »

No, but Fortify Restoration DOES noticeably effect the amulet at extreme levels. Here, I'll go get a screen.

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: August 22, 2013, 02:39:30 pm »

No, but Fortify Restoration DOES noticeably effect the amulet at extreme levels. Here, I'll go get a screen.

No it doesn't because the fortify shouts effect isn't scaling like that, very few effects are. And even then it would cap at 100%, because the enchant has a range of 1.0 to 0.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: August 22, 2013, 02:43:29 pm »

The effect caps at 100, but the display doesn't. It's not "hardocded" or "fixed" at .2, that's just the setting of that particular enchantment in the CS. It does increase with Fortify Restoration. I've done in multiple times. I'm taking screenshots as we speak showing the process.

If you can't reproduce my results, then you're doing something wrong. Remember that you must remove and then re-equip any enchanted equipment after drinking the potion.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:48:50 pm by HugoLuman »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: August 22, 2013, 03:15:11 pm »

Sorry for double post. Anyway, here's the screens. It would seem that in the current version, the effect now always displays as "time between shouts is reduced by 20%", but nonetheless the value is actually much higher.

Spoiler: Before drinking potion (click to show/hide)

The fortify restoration doesn't directly effect new equipment while you're making it, but rather it magnifies the enchantment and potion effects applied during the effects of the potion. So, by creating the glitched potion, drinking it, then re-equipping an enchanted apparel, you can magnify the effect of any worn enchantment or fortify potion. The worn ones last until you unequip the item in question, whereupon it returns to its normal strength. So, I never take off my Amulet of Talos.

It doesn't stack with itself, so chugging a bunch of Fortify Restoration potions at once doesn't work, but it will magnify, say a Fortify Smithing or Fortify Enchant potion's effects.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:17:53 pm by HugoLuman »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9277 on: August 22, 2013, 03:46:25 pm »

Just recently got this game and I seem to be spending a ridiculous amount of time playing!

I was wondering if people could help me with a bug (maybe two?) that I've encountered:
When I go to loot the corpse of a dragon, I don't absorb their soul- to progress past the first dragon fight I had to input some complicated console command and every dragon since I've simply put in the command "player.modav dragonsouls 1"; this isn't a big problem.
The big problem is I can't progress past the fight with Miraak because he can't absorb the dragon souls either, so the corpses of the dragons just flop to the ground and he freezes in place because I guess for the script to continue he needs to absorb a soul or something. I've literally done everything the wiki recommends regarding this bug but nothing works, the only way to progress I've found is to use the console to set the quest as finished but then the fight music never stops and it's pretty annoying.

Anyone know what I can do?

Are you running any mods that effect dragons? This is almost always the cause of this happening, the other being not running the unofficial dragonborn patch while running the main unofficial skyrim patch(The dragonborn dlc rebreaks some of the fixes to dragons made by the unofficial patch and causes this bug if the unofficial dragonborn patch isn't run or is run in the wrong position).

Assuming you have all dlc and are running the unofficial patches your initial load order should look like this.

Skyrim.esm -
Update.esm - these first two will not be shown if you are using the games launcher.
Dawnguard.esm
Hearthfires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp - make sure to get the version from the skyrim nexus. The steam workshop one is out of date/can't be updated until larger mods are allowed by steam.
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

If you are still having issues give us a list of all mods you are running.

For the shouts, if you don't abuse the restoration potion glitch you can get a maximum of 40% reduction from amulet of Talos + blessing of Talos(60% if you have the USP fixed version of the bugged mask of Morokei)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:01:34 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pakhawaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: August 23, 2013, 05:26:45 am »

I have a bunch of mods (perhaps I shouldn't, but I always end up doing this), I'll list them in order of lowest to highest priority:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a very long list, so I doubt that anyone will root through that if a mod is the problem. It'd be pretty nice though. I don't know what some of these mods actually do, I just looked at a recommended mods list.
I tried disabling SPERG, Deadly Dragons and both Skyrim Immersive Creatures mods because I think these may affect dragons but nothing changed.

Edit: Okay, I disabled every single mod except the official ones, the unofficial patches and SkyUI (Jesus Christ I had no idea this game had such an abysmal UI without this mod) but the problem still persists... :\
Could the problem be load order or something? I don't know anything about that.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:41:13 am by Pakhawaj »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: August 23, 2013, 07:07:28 am »

It is possible that a mod edited a vanilla pex file such as dragonActorScript.pex and MQKillDragonScript.pex and as such simply disabling the esp file won't stop these from running as they're still in use by the Skyrim.esm or other vanilla esm or esp files.

(This is preventable if using a mod manager with a virtual file system such as Mod Organizer when installing mods on a fresh install.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 07:12:28 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Pakhawaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: August 23, 2013, 07:47:38 am »

Ah, I did use Mod Organiser for some of the mods but not for others (I had discovered it a little after I had already installed some), so that could be the problem.
If I edited those .pex files or reinstalled Skyrim do you think the problem might become fixed or will it be linked to the specific save file?

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #9281 on: August 23, 2013, 08:18:23 am »

You could just use Steam to "Verify Cache Files" or w/e it is. It'll scan the game, figure out if anything's wrong then redownload any of the files that have been tampered with. You'll have to re-do all your mods, but your game will be playable, and you'd have to redo them all anyway if you reinstalled Skyrim.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: August 23, 2013, 08:25:47 am »

You could just use Steam to "Verify Cache Files" or w/e it is. It'll scan the game, figure out if anything's wrong then redownload any of the files that have been tampered with. You'll have to re-do all your mods, but your game will be playable, and you'd have to redo them all anyway if you reinstalled Skyrim.
Added or edited script data will persist in the save file, though.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: August 23, 2013, 08:28:48 am »

Edit: Okay, I disabled every single mod except the official ones, the unofficial patches and SkyUI (Jesus Christ I had no idea this game had such an abysmal UI without this mod) but the problem still persists... :\
Could the problem be load order or something? I don't know anything about that.

you can use BOSS to weed out some load order errors and broken mods, but it'll be best to remove everything and do a fresh install (mods not game, unless it stopped working even without mods)

http://code.google.com/p/better-oblivion-sorting-software/downloads/list - boss link

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: August 23, 2013, 09:33:31 am »

Try using this on a save to clear out all of the mods information http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31724//?
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 896