Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550121 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9345 on: September 07, 2013, 03:22:48 pm »

...?
I killed a bear. It was dead, but it was also floating and moonwalking. Therefore dead floaty moonwalking bears.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: September 07, 2013, 04:38:39 pm »

BTW you can kill Miraak sometimes as a werewolf. It's a rare glitch, but possible. You need to get your damage high enough that you can kill him in 1 hit, so you get the finisher. For that, you'll need to eat a lot of hearts + get totems.

Seriously? So this stupid bug that was in Morrowind and Oblivion where you could kill the final boss by dealing him more damage than he had hitpoints in a single hit even though you weren't supposed to be able to do that is in Skyrim as well? What does it do? In Oblivion it didn't matter but in Morrowind it would break the main quest and you'd be stuck in the final chamber forever (or at least until you loaded a prior savegame).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:40:52 pm by Sordid »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: September 07, 2013, 04:42:59 pm »

Holy beeper. Y'know Alvar, that usually is just a useless blacksmith that is really useful for selling to?

Yeah, he just had a Moment of Awesome. I was about to save his wife from a vicious blood dragon, but I ran out of Magicka at just the wrong time and it bit her. This, needless to say, provoked Alvar to leap heroically onto the dragon's head, and crush its skull with a mace, thereby stealing my kill.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: September 08, 2013, 03:54:10 am »

BTW you can kill Miraak sometimes as a werewolf. It's a rare glitch, but possible. You need to get your damage high enough that you can kill him in 1 hit, so you get the finisher. For that, you'll need to eat a lot of hearts + get totems.

Seriously? So this stupid bug that was in Morrowind and Oblivion where you could kill the final boss by dealing him more damage than he had hitpoints in a single hit even though you weren't supposed to be able to do that is in Skyrim as well? What does it do? In Oblivion it didn't matter but in Morrowind it would break the main quest and you'd be stuck in the final chamber forever (or at least until you loaded a prior savegame).

Well... not exactly. You see, finishing moves don't kill by depleting hitpoints, they set the target to dead once the animation is performed. They can only trigger if the target's current health is at a certain ratio of the attack's damage (not sure what), but this means that with a sufficiently powerful attack, the damage may dwarf the health enough that it triggers the animation and sets the target to "dead." Of course, Miraak is moved around and has his stats changed by scripts to make the events of the game happen, and there are probably multiple copies of his NPC the game uses for various circumstances, so killing any instance of him except the one used for the final boss probably won't break the game.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: September 08, 2013, 04:23:36 am »

Quote from: Michael Kirkbride
Landfall is done. Writing-wise. I made a promise. I aim to keep it.

Oh, right. I forgot to mention the title. It's not Landfall, even if that's what it explains.

It's C0DA.

And it explains everything. /drops mic, leaves stage

Quote from: Darya Makarava
C0DA truly is the Book of All Things. And despite -- strike that, because of -- being there for all the back-porch dealings, skype messages, and between-the-sheets before-I-fall-out late-night ideas, I know that it is Magic. Of the sort you can't help but understand in some part of you that you can't quite describe, the type that makes too much sense in retrospect but could not be named beforehand. The kind of thing that clicks into place, makes me smile, mourn in that happy way that accompanies a really good series finale. It is a sense of hope unmatched, and, despite the name, more of a beginning than it is an ending.

I didn't see it coming. I couldn't have. I'm proud of you, and of it. Can't wait for the art to round it all out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: September 08, 2013, 04:34:01 am »

...?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: September 08, 2013, 04:35:50 am »

Kirkbride has written a 64-page work called "C0DA" about landfall. He's getting art together for it.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: September 08, 2013, 02:20:47 pm »

It's on the Nexus so those of you trying to avoid that place, you can dismiss my post entirely.

What's the beef with the Nexus?

I had all my screenshots and the few mods I had deleted. Why? Because an armor that used to be up on Nexus, then was taken down due to the original creator's request...was in ONE screenshot that I had and the original creator didn't want any of his armors shown in screenshots.. So the Nexus mods removed everything...cause of one screenshot..of an armor that used to be up on Nexus...

Also, any constructive criticism of a mod gets you a warning or more often...a ban. Yup, if you make a suggestion to improve a mod, you can get banned.

I only go there to download stuff. I don't comment, put screenshots up or mods or anything. Just go there to use up their bandwidth.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: September 08, 2013, 02:23:12 pm »

Alduin has recently eaten many much Firebolt.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: September 08, 2013, 02:28:28 pm »

My Skyrim folder is 65 gb in size. :P I think I went a tad overboard with mods lol. Though I have it condensed to 26 gb in a 7zip file on my backup harddrive, so I don't have to install everything again. I have a ton of mods not available anymore on my backup drive. Game still runs rather well too, with all the mods. I have around 200 mods (not including my backed up stuff), plus tons of textures/animations/music/sound and what not :P

Surprised it still runs decently.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: September 08, 2013, 08:09:41 pm »

If only New Vegas was like that.... *sigh*

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: September 08, 2013, 08:15:26 pm »

If only New Vegas was like that.... *sigh*

I nearly broke New Vegas with a mod that allows transportation from New Vegas to the Capital Wasteland in Fallout 3. All because I was too lazy to import some clothes over, also didn't know how and had no desire to learn. As it is it works, just crashes a lot (more).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: September 08, 2013, 08:59:35 pm »

My New Vegas seems to always have some kind of stack overflow problem where it'll work relatively okay for 30 hours or so. But past that it'll crash every 10 seconds. It's probably a mod, but I have no clue which one it is.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: September 09, 2013, 02:03:28 pm »

I've managed to get into a three-way battle between dragons. Luckily, my reinstalling-of-Skyrim-and-DLC-repeatedly means I can chuck spells at them from my own bloodsoaked third dragon!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: September 09, 2013, 07:20:28 pm »

Did you win? I have a really powerful Khajit ninja-archer in legendary dragonbone armor who got pwned in just a two-way battle (even though I can kill one easily).
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 896