Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558711 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9825 on: January 03, 2014, 05:40:49 pm »

Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: January 03, 2014, 05:42:33 pm »

Finally got the DLC thanks to a friend. On my way to visit the Dawnguard now. RPing myself as a 'Grey Paladin' of sorts with a character build to boot; heavy armor (hoods/masks only for head, no helmets), block, one-handed weapons (maces only), conjuration, restoration, and enchanting.

No qualms killing living things if attacked first, kills undead with a prejudice, pray at every shrine I come across, turn undead, reanimation, and atronarchs are used only when deemed necessary or most efficient, bound weapons only used when there is a big need to fill a soul gem, healing is used whenever the chance or need arises.

It's quite fun, and a huge change from my Thief turned Assassin build my last playthrough.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9827 on: January 03, 2014, 05:46:42 pm »

It's quite fun, and a huge change from my Thief turned Assassin build my last playthrough.

You mean stealth archery?

@devastator:
The (most) relevant category: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/searchresults/?src_order=1&src_sort=0&src_view=1&src_tab=1&src_cat=77&page=1&pUp=1

There's a lot of categories and a lot of overlap. I'd recommend taking a look at duel & ace.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: January 03, 2014, 05:51:16 pm »

I can't look at anything, I'm frozen in a two-year-old vanilla version because they replaced all the good bugs with but thou musts, empty rooms, and blank walls, and I live in constant fear of steam making all my saves invalid.  Does sound fairly interesting, though.

Now go try it with a level zero Khajiit, and tell me how it goes.  ;-)

What I would like is a mod with zero health regen, zero magica regen, customizable spells, custom enchantments including cast-upon-use ones, non-armor clothing, realistic sized weaponry, fewer and lower-power, but smarter enemies, no slapping colour filters to pretend you have a different dungeon, questlines that have more than three quests in them, more flavor NPCs, as well as NPCs that are actually useful, (spellmaking, enchanting, etc.), conversational options that encourage people to get involved in the lore, and allow people to play their own character, rather than the one Bethesda wants us to play, quests that can be completed before being taken, no zone restrictions on player movement, cities in external cells, quests that require you to use gameplay elements, character build decisions that matter, (no zero-drawback superpowers), a setting not advanced 200 years for no well-defined reason, utility spells such as mark, recall, and levitation, no damn collectables or achievements, and for the love of god, one where there are no dragons in Tamriel, rather than the 'dragonz' we have here, which are interesting until you're about halfway through the introduction.

And.. such a game would be a horrible thing to make, so I don't really want to see it, as nobody would play it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:14:25 pm by Devastator »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: January 03, 2014, 05:53:17 pm »

Why hasn't Warzones been removed from the Nexus yet? It's a buggier piece of shit than Skyrim and completely unsupported.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9830 on: January 03, 2014, 06:43:43 pm »

You won't find A mod with those.

You WILL find modS with the different pieces. That is, if you update your game?

In particular, I'd bet my left nut the underlined parts can be found.

What I would like is a mod with zero health regen, zero magica regen, customizable spells, custom enchantments including cast-upon-use ones, non-armor clothing, realistic sized weaponry, fewer and lower-power, but smarter enemies, no slapping colour filters to pretend you have a different dungeon, questlines that have more than three quests in them, more flavor NPCs, as well as NPCs that are actually useful, (spellmaking, enchanting, etc.), conversational options that encourage people to get involved in the lore, and allow people to play their own character, rather than the one Bethesda wants us to play, quests that can be completed before being taken, no zone restrictions on player movement, cities in external cells, quests that require you to use gameplay elements, character build decisions that matter, (no zero-drawback superpowers), a setting not advanced 200 years for no well-defined reason, utility spells such as mark, recall, and levitation, no damn collectables or achievements, and for the love of god, one where there are no dragons in Tamriel, rather than the 'dragonz' we have here, which are interesting until you're about halfway through the introduction.
Most of the rest I haven't looked for or don't know what ya mean.

Putnam: Posterity?
Badges of honor

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: January 03, 2014, 07:45:21 pm »

You mean stealth archery?

...is it sad that this is a yes? Seriously though, it's one of the most OP things in vanilla Skyrim. Period.

At least until I had Mehrune's Razor and the Blade of Woe, anyway. 15x sneak attack damage with the two best daggers in the game is just beautiful. :P
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9832 on: January 03, 2014, 08:34:25 pm »

Copy-pasta for victory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: January 03, 2014, 08:44:25 pm »

Copy-pasta for victory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That made my head hurt.
Just the line "Imperials hail from the province of oblivion" Makes me want to headdesk.. Which might explain the headaches.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: January 03, 2014, 08:47:52 pm »

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9837 on: January 03, 2014, 09:13:47 pm »

Yes.
Badges of honor

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: January 03, 2014, 09:31:46 pm »

I can't look at anything, I'm frozen in a two-year-old vanilla version because they replaced all the good bugs with but thou musts, empty rooms, and blank walls, and I live in constant fear of steam making all my saves invalid.  Does sound fairly interesting, though.

Huh.  I suppose it's better than my philosophy of keeping everything perfectly up to date and constantly swapping out my mod loadout as I chase after the newest and shiniest thing, strictly speaking.  I've never beaten the main storyline, never played through most of the major quest chains, never even started the civil war storyline, and only once gotten a character over level 20 before changing one mod or another forced me to delete all of my save files due to core incompatibilities.

Of course, all these mod lists inspired me to change out my mod loadout again, which caused me to restart yet again.  Coincidence of coincidences, glancing over Skyrim Redone's Wayfarer perk tree made me pick a stealth archer outdoors ranger for the latest whim. *shrug*

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: January 03, 2014, 10:23:00 pm »

Huh.  I suppose it's better than my philosophy of keeping everything perfectly up to date and constantly swapping out my mod loadout as I chase after the newest and shiniest thing, strictly speaking.  I've never beaten the main storyline, never played through most of the major quest chains, never even started the civil war storyline, and only once gotten a character over level 20 before changing one mod or another forced me to delete all of my save files due to core incompatibilities.

Of course, all these mod lists inspired me to change out my mod loadout again, which caused me to restart yet again.  Coincidence of coincidences, glancing over Skyrim Redone's Wayfarer perk tree made me pick a stealth archer outdoors ranger for the latest whim. *shrug*

I'm so much like this also.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 896