Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558252 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11895 on: March 05, 2015, 10:20:24 am »

For anyone else who is trying out SPERG: It's not immediately evident, but as Pickpocketing basically doubles as an Unarmed skill, you can level it by punching people.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: March 05, 2015, 10:24:26 am »

I remember meeting an Interesting NPCs NPC in that little village at the bottom of the Throat of the World. He was traveling to Riften for a reason I don't remember, but he was such a jolly person that it just made my day. I think he was on a pilgrimage of sorts,and returning home.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: March 05, 2015, 06:29:34 pm »

For anyone else who is trying out SPERG: It's not immediately evident, but as Pickpocketing basically doubles as an Unarmed skill, you can level it by punching people.
"You are already naked."?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: March 05, 2015, 07:52:15 pm »

"You are already naked."?
Sadly that's only with 2H weapons.

(Yes, there is a perk that allows you to sunder shields and armor with power attacks.)

3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11899 on: March 06, 2015, 12:45:48 pm »

I am setting up to do a 'no magic' run through the game as an orc blacksmith. No spells, minimal shouting beyond what is required for quests, not even gonna use enchanted weapons/armor or the magic stones that give you a sign. I will only accept orc followers as well.

Just an orc and his axe slaying all the things.

Wish me luck, this may be difficult.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: March 06, 2015, 01:04:34 pm »

It's a fun way to do it, although I allowed myself to use found magical weapons (but refused to upgrade beyond the starting suit of armor I got with Live Another Life's Orc stronghold origin). Requiem made it a pain in the ass to get started, though. Protip - do not combine that idea with Requiem and Bellyache's dragon species mod. After a few hours I believe I concluded that it was literally impossible to get out of that starting zone without getting curbstomped by dragonbreath.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11901 on: March 06, 2015, 01:22:13 pm »

Planning to use OBIS and SPERG and possibly a crafting overhaul mod. Anyone know of a good one?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: March 06, 2015, 02:33:32 pm »

The thing is, SPERG completely overhauls the perk trees, which most more specific overhauls also change pretty heavily. SPERG also takes care of a certain amount of what other crafting mods do, like melting down items for ingots. CCOR, thankfully, is probably the most compatible and the best available.

Other things I'd recommend are UDE, which is compatible with OBIS. Brodual did a good cover of it. Also, Tougher Traps. Be warned that some of them will almost always OHKO unless you're cheating.

3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: March 07, 2015, 09:24:46 am »

I finally got around to trying the Civil War overhaul, and started a new save in honor of it with a few rules for myself.

1. No archery.
2. No sneaking.
3. No magic, including no enchanting.
4. No further than one steps below maximum difficulty + Duel Combat Realism + Combat Evolved + Deadly Dragons, the last on the highest default difficulty setting, and a 33% chance of a dragon interrupt in civil war battles.
5. Spawn in the sword and armor from a certain pair of mods at the start, never use anything else.

Spoiler: Mods are fun. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:15:48 am by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: March 07, 2015, 10:40:48 am »

Ulfric Stormspook

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: March 08, 2015, 06:17:19 am »

The execution at Helgen was successful in this timeline. Unfortunately, Ulfric didn't give a damn anyway.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: March 08, 2015, 06:42:03 am »

Any recommended mods that entirely revamp the magic system? A mod that makes magic not entirely terrible would be nice.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: March 08, 2015, 12:42:16 pm »

SPERG, PM, ACE, and all the other major overhauls deal with it, often in rather different ways. There's also a lot of magic-specific overhauls. If you're looking for a spell package, there's only one real option: Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim. It's hands-down the best spell package mod for the game in terms of balance, lore-friendliness, quantity, and quality. Among other things it adds a ton of utility spells and makes playthroughs centering on non-Destruction magic possible. The Master-level spells it adds require quests to unlock. Here is a highlight:

-Octato's Recital: GET THIS. What it does is cast a ritual. For the duration, you can cast up to three buffs, things like Oakflesh, the cloak spells, &c. After the Recital ends, it goes into effect until the next time you cast it with a new set of buffs. But what does it do? Every time you enter combat, those 1-3 buffs you entered into the Recital are automatically cast without cost. That's right, you'll actually use the buff spells, especially if the overhaul you picked gives them a reasonable duration.

I could tell you more, but it's easier to just read through the readme. Fantastic mod, fully compatible with pretty much every overhaul, and it adds a shitload of spells which give you new options rather than pretty effects.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:13:00 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: March 08, 2015, 06:26:52 pm »

You guys are making it really hard not to start playing Skyrim again. I can only pray my willpower holds.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: March 08, 2015, 09:30:03 pm »

Just remember: it's a poor game, with great mods. ;)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 896