Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559007 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12315 on: October 19, 2015, 06:53:33 am »

Maybe in just the Skyrim base folder? I have very vague memories of  the mod possibly adding folders outside of the Data folder.
That's not it either.

It adds a folder called "Skyproc Patchers" and I remember you have to put it somewhere specific, but don't remember where.

Looking at my own install, which was of the previous version, I have the patcher files in "Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\T3nd0_PatchusMaximus".

This folder contains these other files:
"Files" folder.
"PMxml" folder.
"SkyProcDebug" folder.
"Debug -moreHeapspace - 32BitandMO" Batch File.
"Debug - moreHeapspace - 64Bit" Batch File.
"PatchusMaximus" Executable Jar File.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: October 19, 2015, 06:45:41 pm »

That's where I put it the first time and it didn't work..

Putting it there again and running it gives me:

There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.lang.NullPointerException'
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:50:20 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: October 19, 2015, 06:51:53 pm »

The patcher file is Patchus Maximus, right? Or is that the result from the patch? Pa(tchus)Ma(ximus) goes in your Data folder like any other mod.
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: October 19, 2015, 08:56:56 pm »

The patcher file is Patchus Maximus, right? Or is that the result from the patch? Pa(tchus)Ma(ximus) goes in your Data folder like any other mod.
So do I take it out of SkyProc Patchers? Is it the FOLDER Patchus Maximus that I put in data or just the executable?

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: October 19, 2015, 09:03:45 pm »

Wait, that was the .ESP. :P
You're supposed to have the executable (PatchusMaximus.jar) in Skyproc > T3nd0_Whatever, and I think you run it there?
Black lives matter.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: October 19, 2015, 09:35:24 pm »

Okay, seriously? If you're installing a mod as big as PerMa, you should use an auto-installer. Mod Organizer even has an offline mode, so I'm pretty sure privacy isn't a huge problem if that's what bothers you.

Also, make sure you're running the correct executable for your operating system (32 or 64 bit), and possibly that you're running the debug version with extra heap space. I believe you get that error if either of those are a problem, although maybe it's just one of them.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: October 19, 2015, 09:38:44 pm »

Okay, seriously? If you're installing a mod as big as PerMa, you should use an auto-installer.
NEVER! I SHALL DO THINGS THE UNNECESSARILY DIFFICULT WAY OR I'LL NEVER LEARN!

Anyway, I guess I'll see if one of your suggestions work.

Ok, getting CLOSER to the answer. Hitting 32 bit instead of 64 bit showed in the debug that it actually loaded things this time, but still got the error.
And now it won't do that again. Huh.
Updating my Java version made the 32bit debug stay open, but still getting that damn exception. WTF.
Ok, so apparently SkyProc Patcher folder (and everything inside) DOES go in Data. Still getting the exception, but it actually loaded things this time.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:22:56 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: October 19, 2015, 10:31:14 pm »

You mentioned a 'java.lang.NullPointerException'. Looking on this Wiki apparently that means a plugin error, which I believe means another mod you have installed is conflicting with Perkus Maximus.
Spoiler: Entry (click to show/hide)

The "Blocklist.txt" file is located in "Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\T3nd0_PatchusMaximus\Files".

Following a link, I found this other patch that apparently covers a number of mods for compatibility with Perkus Maximus.
I can't exactly remember what Perkus Maximus modifies in terms of game, other than perks of course, but it also changes weapon types and classes yes? That would make me assume that an installed weapon mod is not covered by the mod. I would start looking at those mods that add weapons and armour for one that isn't compatible.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:33:24 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: October 19, 2015, 11:00:19 pm »

Only things I have installed right now are the unofficial patches, SkyUI and Live Another Life, so I guess its the later? Not really sure what in there it could be conflicting with but ok. I'll just throw that in the blocklist I guess and hope for the best.

OR NOT. Now I don't know if I put it in the list wrong or if that's not the problem file. FUCK.

BFEL HAS GONE STARK RAVING MAD!

Indeed, I do this.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: October 20, 2015, 03:42:35 am »

The mod says it needs the latest version of Java, at least version 7, as well as SKSE to be installed to run.

One other thing I would check would be the load order for the mod files. It should have the Master ESP (Or is it ESM?) above the other files (Thief, Mage and Warrior). Patchus Maximus ESP, when it's created, should be located near the bottom of your load list if not the last.

I'm not sure whether this mod was the reason, but I do use the Nexus Mod Manager for installing mods for the most part now. As well as Loot/Boss/Whatever one works best.

Here is a tutorial video that may help. I watched it and while it does cover installing the mod using the download manager, it still shows what the patcher should do, load order and so on.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: October 20, 2015, 05:09:14 am »

GAH FUCK.
So apparently Live Another Life isn't the problem.
Which means its pretty much certain that there's SOMETHING wrong with one of the vanilla files.
Y'know, unless T3ndo somehow didn't think to make the mod compatible with SKYUI OR THE UNOFFICIAL PATCHES.

Confuckinggratulations T3ndo, I have now lost all interest in trying to get Skyrim in a playable condition once again.
"Hey, look at all this awesome new shit YOU CAN NEVER PLAY BECAUSE SOMETHING INEXPLICABLY WENT WRONG"

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: October 20, 2015, 06:13:27 am »

Nope. Nope nope nope. The only things PM isn't compatible with are any perk-modifying mods and I don't think LAL would mess that up. SkyUI is compatible with, like, everything, so.
 Elther you somehow messed up the installation (more likely, but unlikely) or something did go wrong (less likely).
Maybe if you try putting the PM stuff higher on the load order than the Unofficial Patches?
Black lives matter.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: October 22, 2015, 04:00:08 pm »

GAH FUCK.
So apparently Live Another Life isn't the problem.
Which means its pretty much certain that there's SOMETHING wrong with one of the vanilla files.
Y'know, unless T3ndo somehow didn't think to make the mod compatible with SKYUI OR THE UNOFFICIAL PATCHES.

Confuckinggratulations T3ndo, I have now lost all interest in trying to get Skyrim in a playable condition once again.
"Hey, look at all this awesome new shit YOU CAN NEVER PLAY BECAUSE SOMETHING INEXPLICABLY WENT WRONG"
There's a new perk mod by the guy who made Apocalypse Magic and Thunderchild Shouts. I would recommend giving it a go- it's a lot simpler and just as cool.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: October 22, 2015, 04:19:03 pm »

There's a new perk mod by the guy who made Apocalypse Magic and Thunderchild Shouts. I would recommend giving it a go- it's a lot simpler and just as cool.
HERESY!

Nope. Nope nope nope. The only things PM isn't compatible with are any perk-modifying mods and I don't think LAL would mess that up. SkyUI is compatible with, like, everything, so.
 Elther you somehow messed up the installation (more likely, but unlikely) or something did go wrong (less likely).
Maybe if you try putting the PM stuff higher on the load order than the Unofficial Patches?
Yeah I figured it was probably some stupid thing with install. I have folders in my desktop containing VanillaSkyrim and SKSE to streamline modding, so maybe there was an update or something in between the time I made those and now.
So I'll have to try again from the top once I feel like taking another crack at it.

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: October 23, 2015, 11:46:46 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGG

Totally fresh install, fresh new vanilla, fresh new SKSE, SAME FUCKING EXCEPTION GODDAMMIT

EDIT: ok, apparently LOOT wasn't actually changing my loadorder the way it said it was. So, problem fixed, but now I have to manage something ELSE manually.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:23:15 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 896