Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550160 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12330 on: October 24, 2015, 12:40:18 am »

LOOT does require you to hit Apply after you do the sort, if that's what the problem was. I made that mistake a few times.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: October 24, 2015, 01:24:04 am »

No I definitely hit Apply, it just didn't cooperate for whatever reason. Ah well, got things working finally.

NOW TO PUT IN ALL THE OTHER MODS I WANT
NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: October 24, 2015, 01:43:35 am »

Seriously though, use Mod Organizer. I switched over when I had to completely rebuild my modlist on a new computer and it only took ~6 hours of work from start to finish (and that's including downloading all the mods on my terrible connection) for a list with ~190ish items, an ENB preset, and cleaning everything with TESVEdit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: October 24, 2015, 02:30:42 am »

BUT DOING THINGS MANUALLY TEACHES ME STUFF.

OR SOMETHING.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: October 24, 2015, 02:43:16 am »

I found an Elder Scrolls OBLIVION mod compilation called Oblivion Association. You can find it easily on google, and there are some videos on youtube on it.

Or just go here: http://rubarius.ru/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71&start=575

Its nearly all entirely in Russian

No idea what barely anything says or does.

And its the most amazing experience as far as Oblivion goes :D and the team behind it made imperial city HUGE...not quite witcher 3 size...but MUCH more like a real city. Maybe as big as all the skyrim cities put together, I can't really tell...but much more realistic. A lot of custom stuff to it.

Except almost everything is in Russian

And I know no russian

But it sure is fun!

And yeah not exactly skyrim, but its still elder scrolls :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: October 24, 2015, 03:54:12 am »

Installing skyrim mods manually won't teach you anything unless you're doing everything in a Linux cl.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: October 24, 2015, 05:41:24 pm »

Installing skyrim mods manually won't teach you anything unless you're doing everything in a Linux cl.

....I KNOW WHAT I MUST DO

Indeed, I do this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: October 29, 2015, 11:38:41 pm »

Doublepost for bump reasons.

So I have a question that I've asked here before but no-one has satisfactorily answered me on it.

Specifically, is it possible to adjust the default traits of MCM menus? And if so, how would I go about doing it?

For example, I use the "Achieve That!" mod, and want to start the game with the "good old days" option ticked instead of unticked.

Indeed, I do this.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: October 30, 2015, 12:34:43 am »

Not that I'm aware of. I wind up spending 15 minutes every new game doing that stuff. Some of them actually rely on that menu activation to trigger things they do, but I dunno about the rest.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: October 30, 2015, 12:40:43 am »

Presumably you can modify the mod itself, to enable that specific option by default. Bonus points to the modder if they included an external config file, but I know nothing of that mod in particular.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: November 16, 2015, 10:02:52 pm »

Anyone still playing Skyrim since Fallout 4 came out?

Been playing Perfectly Modded Skyrim (its a huge mod compilation that modders don't like lol, oh well for them. Makes playing skyrim and any game WAY more fun with compilations than spending 1000+ hours being annoyed to death by configuring mods) and been having a ton of fun. A ton to explore, tons of new monsters, awesome new races, tons of new quests and content to do.

I was playing The Journey, which is made by a team of Russians (and its in English too). That one is epic for a hardcore/survival experience. But perfectly modded is a lot more fun to me, so I ended up choosing that.

Out of the two however, The Journey is a lot easier to install and get running out of the box. Perfectly Modded you have to do some PC configurations to get it working (it has an install guide on their forum). Not too big a deal to me though. Not after giving up on Skyrim because installing mods and configuring them and everything is WAY more annoying and frustrating than some small tweaks to get PM working lol.

In any case.

Seems this thread hasn't been posted in a while lol. But I've been enjoying Skyrim a lot more than fallout 4...fallout 4 is too much fps and not enough RPG for me lol (thats a very common complaint too). Maybe fallout 4 will be better if RPG mods come out for it. But for now, after 1000 hours of Skyrim, I'm still having a ton of fun with it and haven't even done 100% or even close to that and its already past 1000 hour played lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: November 16, 2015, 10:53:39 pm »

Actually, I literally just finished rebuilding my own list of mods due to being ambivalent on Fallout 4, so it's a coincidence of coincidences you should mention it at that exact time.

But yeah, you're not the only one who's bounced back a step or three.  Maybe I'll even reach the crypt of Jurgen Whoseits this time.  For the first time. ^_^

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: November 16, 2015, 11:08:42 pm »

I also went back to Skyrim recently. I've been trying to do a semi-pacifist run with the end goal of becoming the best alchemist/enchantress/smith in Tamriel.

It's been interesting. I'm restricting myself to followers, conjuration and a few alchemical grenades for self defense, and no dungeon-diving or putting myself in extremely dangerous situations. It was slow at first, with just looking for ingredients outside town being risky, but it picked up after hiring a bodyguard and making a few thousand septims from alchemy. There is a lot of temptation to break character and do some quests, though. There's just not that much to do in Skyrim that doesn't involve killing.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: November 17, 2015, 07:19:27 am »

Use excessive amounts of paralyzation poisons?
Black lives matter.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: November 17, 2015, 10:08:34 am »

I had a nagging feeling while playing FO4 that I was finally able to put my finger on today... I'd rather be playing a different Beth game. I'll finish it, but I don't think I'll be playing 10+ years after realese like some of their games.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 896